Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

So I just removed the insole on mine and noticed a grip of mold on the footbed and on the bottom of the insole. I wear them on the regular and always air them out in my bedroom. I don't hoop in them, just regular everyday casual wear.

Anyone else experience this?

try putting in baking soda once a month to freshen them

Wow, I have a sweaty foot but I've never seen mold in my sneakers.

Did these get wet or did the moisture come from sweating?

Really unbelievable.

Can you confirm these are authentic and not some knock-off 's?

Last edited:
Maybe it came from the replacement insoles you put in?

Those are the original insoles.
Wow, I have a sweaty foot but I've never seen mold in my sneakers.

Did these get wet or did the moisture come from sweating?

Really unbelievable.

Can you confirm these are authentic and not some knock-off 's?
I got them from FNL on release day, raffle win, picked up right after the store opened that morning.

I never got them wet nor do my feet sweat excessively. None of my other Js or Nike runners have ever done this. I'm baffled.
View media item 2266841

Those are the original insoles.
I got them from FNL on release day, raffle win, picked up right after the store opened that morning.

I never got them wet nor do my feet sweat excessively. None of my other Js or Nike runners have ever done this. I'm baffled.
View media item 2266841

Perhaps the insoles were wet/damp at the factory and developed mold during the ocean transport.

Definitely wipe the inside of the shoe with a paper towel misted with a combination of 50% water & 50% bleach.

That will kill the active mold

Last edited:
I saw a pair with mold under the translucent outsole before. I'm sure more people unknowingly have that same problem.

I saw a pair with mold under the translucent outsole before. I'm sure more people unknowingly have that same problem.

Yes, now that you mention it I do recall seeing a pair of KD 3 ASG's with that red translucent sole. And yes it certainly had some visible mold.

Since the Metallic V's are not more than a year old it would be prudent to contact Nike.

At the least, send them the photos and ask for a discount code if they cannot replace or refund

The receipt would be helpful when contacting them to prove this is an authorized pair

Last edited:
Remember how some sneakers were being sent back to Nike because of mold issues when they arrived at retailers?

This could be the same thing only not immediately visible. Possibly bey true that others have the same issue but don't know

Dammit I wanna check mine now but I'm too lazy to dig em out :smh: I've only worn once and store in cool dry area so if I have mold I can guarantee a factory issue

Since the Metallic V's are not more than a year old it would be prudent to contact Nike.

At the least, send them the photos and ask for a discount code if they cannot replace or refund

The receipt would be helpful when contacting them to prove this is an authorized pair

That's my plan, I'm going to call up Nike tomorrow morning. Will snap a pic of my receipt as well in case I need to email them.

That mold **** wild. Just checked my pair and I'm good. Smh at this happening to shoes barley 6 months old.

Back
Top Bottom