Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Grape 5s were my first Jordan as kid so they’ll always hold a special place for me. I’d say they’re the best cw of the 5 for sure. White FRs and Black Metallics are a tie with BTs coming in last. Still badly need a retro of the BTs.

You can easily tell this is so 1990 or somewhere near that period based on the photo quality and colors along with the clothing Alfonso Ribeiro is wearing. I also find it ridiculous they couldn't just refer to him by his real name instead of trying to be funny and use his character name since he was in the real world and not on the set of Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.

Grape 5s were my first Jordan as kid so they’ll always hold a special place for me. I’d say they’re the best cw of the 5 for sure. White FRs and Black Metallics are a tie with BTs coming in last. Still badly need a retro of the BTs.

I’m glad I was able to secure the 2018 version; Jordan 5s are now in my top 5 to be honest.

Man I forget how much better the tongue looked on the OG and the 00. Something strange about this new 3M they use.
The Jade Horizon 5s that released a few months has 3M on the tongue that doesn't seem to have the weird sheen to it that the 3M on the '16 Metallic and '20 Fire Reds use. Grey needs to be darker though to match the OG look.
Air-Jordan-5-Jade-Horizon-Grailify-6 (1).jpg
2020_NYR_19759_0005_010(air_jordan_5_fire_red_player_exclusive_nike_1990124657).jpg

Someone asked u to watch his shoes while he went to the bathroom
lmao that’s random af
😂 we were in Football so we would workout before school. Then we had 1st period off cause of athletics so we would shower at school then all mingle in the cafeteria until 2nd period. So often we would have the clothes we change into for school with us.

Had these in '91. I recall while I was playing hockey and had left them neatly under the bench in the changing room, someone took them and put them in the freak'n garbage while I was on the ice. Kids can be vial human beings. For someone who didn't like the shoes to even touch each other to avoid scuffing, needless to say I was heated. I separated my shoulder that night in the game, so it was definitely a bad night.

Man I forget how much better the tongue looked on the OG and the 00. Something strange about this new 3M they use.

Good observation because the tongue on the 1990 & 2000 versions have more of a dullness, whereas the tongue 2016 version is much more shiny. And they always use cheaper materials with any rehash by default.

Good observation because the tongue on the 1990 & 2000 versions have more of a dullness, whereas the tongue 2016 version is much more shiny. And they always use cheaper materials with any rehash by default.
The 3M/reflective material Nike has been using lately is indeed quite shiny.

I’ve noticed it on the rehash 3M Snake Air Force 1 from 2021. The silver has a strange sheen that looks terrible. I wonder if the new shiny material is going to be more durable in the long run.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Black metallics. 2016
:lol:Totally my fault, I thought I was in the Fire Red V thread. Oops.
That said, the answer is still the same. Seven years is fine, though I guess it's entirely possible that if someone stored the shoes DS in poor conditions, they could separate when worn after that amount of time. Seems pretty unlikely to me, though. In my personal experience, I don't really even start worrying at all about these kind of issues until a pair of shoes is like 10 years old.

Back
Top Bottom