NIKE AIR MAG 2015

Good call. I'm gonna remind him of this.
Let us know his response lol. But this thread was LIT Oct 20 and 21st and once the auction news was announced 99% of this thread bailed lol. So it's not like it's a secret but I guess people forgot or still hold out for hope.

Let us know his response lol. But this thread was LIT Oct 20 and 21st and once the auction news was announced 99% of this thread bailed lol. So it's not like it's a secret but I guess people forgot or still hold out for hope.

Lol, that's exactly what my friend said: they are hoping.

Rumor time:

Mags set to drop end of this month, HS in limited cities.

My friend who has direct connects to Nike hq (I know I know, hence "rumor time"), said its going to be like 7-15 pairs a CITY and not every city but the majors (LA, Chi, NY, etc.). Not an auction this time.

I didn't believe him and said logistically if it's not an auction, then it has to be The Draft. He told me to stay tuned.

Ummm...Tinker, Nike, and I'm pretty sure MJF on Kimmel ALL confirmed another auction for the new Mag. So your dude is straight trolling.

Here is the AVAILABILITY excerpt and link to the Nike news page...

"Availability
The 2015 Nike Mag is a limited-edition release. It will only be available via auction, with all proceeds going to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. The specific details on the auctions will be posted to Nike News and via Twitter @Nike in Spring 2016. "

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-mag-2015

why would nike do that f boy **** tho? why be so limited and to charity? instead of making a bunch and letting those that really want them have a chance? Then just donates the proceeds from that. nike is such a biznitch some times.

why would nike do that f boy **** tho? why be so limited and to charity? instead of making a bunch and letting those that really want them have a chance? Then just donates the proceeds from that. nike is such a biznitch some times.

They can't mass produce the sneakers at a profitable cost ratio. While I'm sure there are people that would spend $1000 on em, I don't think there are enough buyers to make the amount they will make via auction.

You only need one second to recognize, that this isn´t a Nike design.
Indeed!
They can't mass produce the sneakers at a profitable cost ratio. While I'm sure there are people that would spend $1000 on em, I don't think there are enough buyers to make the amount they will make via auction.
You keep thinking that. There are a HEAP of old Cos Play guys that would gladly add it to their collection that will sit in a glass for conversation when other middle-aged men come to the house. Then there are the HEAP of hypebeasts that want it jus because that's what they are about. Then the heap that would try their very best wear them because they actually think it's dope. THEN...there are the resellers trying to live off of as much as they can purchase, lol.

I hope it's a drawing, because I would like an honest try at getting a pair. An Auction is a SLAP in the face, like "**** you, underprivileged customers, hahaha hahaha." 
mean.gif

Indeed!

You keep thinking that. There are a HEAP of old Cos Play guys that would gladly add it to their collection that will sit in a glass for conversation when other middle-aged men come to the house. Then there are the HEAP of hypebeasts that want it jus because that's what they are about. Then the heap that would try their very best wear them because they actually think it's dope. THEN...there are the resellers trying to live off of as much as they can purchase, lol.

I hope it's a drawing, because I would like an honest try at getting a pair. An Auction is a SLAP in the face, like "**** you, underprivileged customers, hahaha hahaha." :smh:

How much do you think it cost to produce the shoe? Who is Nike outsourcing for the electronics? Or are we beliving they created all of this in house? How many hours of testing do you think is involved with this shoe that uses a servo motor to tighten vs one with laces?

Can Nike mass produce this? Of course. It's Nike. Is there a justifiable ROI? Not at this point.

How much do you think it cost to produce the shoe? Who is Nike outsourcing for the electronics? Or are we beliving they created all of this in house? How many hours of testing do you think is involved with this shoe that uses a servo motor to tighten vs one with laces?

Can Nike mass produce this? Of course. It's Nike. Is there a justifiable ROI? Not at this point.
A huge company like Nike can create something like this. It's not like they're not familiar with smarter electronic devices. Nike creates a heap of shoes with the hopes that they all do well. Some no one has ever created a buzz/demand for, yet they put em out. Sure the materials are cheaper than electronics, they know business. They created shoes made of cheap materials and tossed em in Auctions jus the same when they knew the demand is high for them. Nike will do what they want. If they started polls asking what we prefer, they would get true numbers on demand. I'm used to missing out on shoes like that, so it won't kill me. Just a fair chance is all i'd want 
wink.gif

Not saying it's right, but that's not really any different than the rest of this world.
Indeed!

A huge company like Nike can create something like this. It's not like they're not familiar with smarter electronic devices. Nike creates a heap of shoes with the hopes that they all do well. Some no one has ever created a buzz/demand for, yet they put em out. Sure the materials are cheaper than electronics, they know business. They created shoes made of cheap materials and tossed em in Auctions jus the same when they knew the demand is high for them. Nike will do what they want. If they started polls asking what we prefer, they would get true numbers on demand. I'm used to missing out on shoes like that, so it won't kill me. Just a fair chance is all i'd want :wink:

Looks like you were right. They can do it, they choose not to. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom