NIKE AIR MAG 2015

DAMNNNNN THE SALTYESSS NEWS I EVER HEARD FOR 2016... THE KID WHO WON AIR MAGS WITH ONE TICKET AND A WINNING EMAIL NOTIFICATION, JUST CHECKED IN WITH NIKE THAT HE ACTUALLY DIDNT WIN A PAIR.. YOOOOOOOOO IM DEAD
How is that possible? 

LOL Nike was like nah b you ain't getting this 50-100k off $11 dollars.. maybe $21 or $31 but not no $11

You do know the mags in the movie weren't motor driven right? The laces were pulled down manually :lol:

Got me thinking of this. Gotta love the 80's :lol: View media item 2202957

Uhhh Yeah of course. I think every one knows that by now and that there was no motor driven shoe in the 80s. I meant the fact that they don't fully sense the foot when you step in them like DEPICTED in the movie, no upper power lace & still have to "push" on stuff with fingera. They did what they could with MAGs and called it good. Lol i mean, im not complaining, something is better than nothing as far as MAGs go

And yeah, those dang tapes...:rofl:
I was Queen Fix a Tape

Meanwhile, where is Polo with the answers we have questions to?

I heard "hand" delivery...true? Is it gonna be like the commercials of Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes showing up at your door with a camera crew ballons & all? :lol:

Last edited:
OMG. THAT IS SERIOUSLY F**KED UP FROM NIKE IF THAT IS TRUE. HE SHOULD BE GIVEN A PAIR OFF THE STRENGTH OF THAT MESS UP.

OMG. THAT IS SERIOUSLY F**KED UP FROM NIKE IF THAT IS TRUE. HE SHOULD BE GIVEN A PAIR OFF THE STRENGTH OF THAT MESS UP.

agreed. thats like being told you won the lottery and then being told "nah, we ****** up" :lol:

Nike should do the right thing and find him a pair

agreed. thats like being told you won the lottery and then being told "nah, we ****** up"
laugh.gif

$500 A PAIR 

1m pairs made

1/2 billion dollars would help cure the damn disease for good!!

#NikeGotNoLoveForTheSick

Nike wit the shenanigans!!!

See thats y I didn't enter..

I rather donate and know there's no prize.

Some prolly was on their knees every night praying for this.

SMH

I wonder why there was no involvement from Bob Gale and the BTTF camp this time.

In 2011 they had a big campaign with BTTF spots and the Chris Lloyd / Tinker Hatfield commercial. Now there was only Nike and when talking about this project, the name BTTF was never mentioned. Tinker Hatfield and Tiffany Beers only used the words "inspired by robots and movies" and "it started as a myth from a movie".

Maybe Bob Gale was asking for too much money for using the brand? Nike wanted that all proceeds go straight to the MJF foundation but with the help of Universal and BTTF they would have created way more attention, even after being one year late. For THE shoe of the movie its crazy that no BTTF hype was created.

On some real ish, I'd start wylin with nike. Dont u ever play with my emotions like that. Had homeboy all up in the feels if I was in his shoes smh.

agreed. thats like being told you won the lottery and then being told "nah, we ****** up" :lol:

and the funny part about what you said is....this has happened quite a few times here in MA. A lot of "mis printed" scratch tickets and law suits that followed. I mean I'd file too! Tickets and the numbers on them are as clear as day and numbers dont lie lmao

I wonder why there was no involvement from Bob Gale and the BTTF camp this time.

In 2011 they had a big campaign with BTTF spots and the Chris Lloyd / Tinker Hatfield commercial. Now there was only Nike and when talking about this project, the name BTTF was never mentioned. Tinker Hatfield and Tiffany Beers only used the words "inspired by robots and movies" and "it started as a myth from a movie".

Maybe Bob Gale was asking for too much money for using the brand? Nike wanted that all proceeds go straight to the MJF foundation but with the help of Universal and BTTF they would have created way more attention, even after being one year late. For THE shoe of the movie its crazy that no BTTF hype was created.

TOO BE HONEST, THIS RELEASE CAME AND WENT AS SIMPLY, "MEH". YOU CAN EVEN TELL FROM THIS THREAD. IT WAS LIT FOR LIKE 2 DAYS THEN GHOST TOWN. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SHOE WHICH COULD SWING THE HYPE BACK IN NIKE'S FAVOR FROM ADIDAS AND IT PASSED BY WITH MINIMAL HYPE AFTER THE INITIAL RUSH.

TOO BE HONEST, THIS RELEASE CAME AND WENT AS SIMPLY, "MEH". YOU CAN EVEN TELL FROM THIS THREAD. IT WAS LIT FOR LIKE 2 DAYS THEN GHOST TOWN. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SHOE WHICH COULD SWING THE HYPE BACK IN NIKE'S FAVOR FROM ADIDAS AND IT PASSED BY WITH MINIMAL HYPE AFTER THE INITIAL RUSH.

Funny I was having this same conversation with my boy who said adidas has the hype. I honestly don't think Nike cares and I'm not siding with Nike by saying that I think that they are just chalking it up to "trendy" hype.

I compare a sneaker like the nmd to the flyknit remember how those were going? Nmd hype will eventually die down... and when enough yeezys are out people won't care so much.. prices already dropping after each new release.

Fact of the matter is nike don't really care about hype.. they got Jordan coming off the bench whenever they need 40

Funny I was having this same conversation with my boy who said adidas has the hype. I honestly don't think Nike cares and I'm not siding with Nike by saying that I think that they are just chalking it up to "trendy" hype.

I compare a sneaker like the nmd to the flyknit remember how those were going? Nmd hype will eventually die down... and when enough yeezys are out people won't care so much.. prices already dropping after each new release.

Fact of the matter is nike don't really care about hype.. they got Jordan coming off the bench whenever they need 40

TRUE BUT THESE ARE MAGS. IT CAME AND WENT ALMOST AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT.

TRUE BUT THESE ARE MAGS. IT CAME AND WENT ALMOST AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT.

Maybe cause people didn't have unrealistic expectations after the last release.. think the only people mad were people who had money tucked away waiting to drop 5-10 stacks at auction

boy if i opened up a W at work i would have had a heart attack.

nike lets get a milli in production & make some real money
tongue.gif

I think if these were a retail item the hype would've been more. We had zero control over who got a pair. There were 89 pairs for random giveaway.

yeah, it was definitely strange that a shoe this monumental would be released with minimal hype/effort. it's almost as if they were just fed up with the production of the shoe and just threw out what they had and got rid of them as quickly as possible

" Sneaker News: What are some of the emotions going through your mind now that this incredible story finally comes to a close?

Tiffany Beers: I’m super-excited for the consumer to finally get to experience it now. We’re letting it go now…it feels really weird. On some level, I hope people protect it, because it was really hard to make. SN: It’s like sending your first-born off to college.

TB: Yea! It’s like, “you’re on your own now, behave”! It’s definitely a mix of excitement too, because I can’t wait for the HyperAdapt 1.0 to come out next month, but at the same time, the Mag is so special to so many. People have a real emotional connection to it.

SN: Now that the Mag is completed, is the book officially closed?

TB: I personally don’t think it’s going to live on forever (in production), because they’re very hard to make. I’m moving on to the HyperAdapt and I don’t think there are plans to make more Mags. It’s here, it’s a great experience, but now we’re ready for what’s next. "

Yeah, this interview further pissed me off. Screw the Hyperadapt. She talks about people having a real emotional connection to it, but they are going to stop because they are hard to make. The biggest shoe company in the world, and something is too hard to produce. Thats why the shoe would be expensive relative to other shoes Nike makes.

Back
Top Bottom