Nike Air Max 98 Retro Scheduled? via NB

where are the damn gundams!? I swear they released 3 colorways that are almost exactly the same.

The fit of these retros were weird imo. The the cushion in the forefoot is pretty much non-existent so it feels like the toes touches the ground when i walk.

The fit of these retros were weird imo. The the cushion in the forefoot is pretty much non-existent so it feels like the toes touches the ground when i walk.

I agree 100% I have dumped all mine . I usually wear Flyknit max on a daily basis and couldn't wear these because they just don't feel comfortable IMO

I agree 100% I have dumped all mine . I usually wear Flyknit max on a daily basis and couldn't wear these because they just don't feel comfortable IMO

So glad Im not the only one who felt this way. I thought maybe I was over exaggerating, but these fit and feel terrible. Granted after a few wears they broke in a tad, but by no means are comfortable to wear for a long period of time

so as far as sizing what do you recoomend
My personal opinion is it go up .5 size bigger than you normally get in air max. I always get a size 12 in air max which gives me a little space, these fit like 11.5's or maybe 11's. Half size up would make them fine though

Went with my usual AM size, 11 and they feel comfy to me. Not as narrow as I was expecting, especially compared to 97s I've tried on before

tried on a pair of Michigan colored ones and had to get a 10.5 to be comfortable walking in them. I normally wear a 9.5 or 10 but both were too tight.

I think its just the sole they use because I had the same issue w/ gold and silver AM97's, both 9.5, a couple summers ago.

I emailed Nike not too long ago about da gundams and retroing older air max models like the AirMax2, am96 etc. N they told me that they dont know the release date for gundams?!? Mannn :smh:

I emailed Nike not too long ago about da gundams and retroing older air max models like the AirMax2, am96 etc. N they told me that they dont know the release date for gundams?!? Mannn :smh:

tech support folks dont know insider info. us 98s arent super hyped

tried on a pair of Michigan colored ones and had to get a 10.5 to be comfortable walking in them. I normally wear a 9.5 or 10 but both were too tight.

I think its just the sole they use because I had the same issue w/ gold and silver AM97's, both 9.5, a couple summers ago.

I also bought the same (US 10.5) in these retro AM 98's and I'm usually a size US10 in all Air Maxes. The toe box is quite narrow.

Peace
F Sharp005

I love that I can get these classics for super cheap, I bought 3 pairs for $225 in the past month or so. I'm an old fart at 42 so these are one of all time favorites

Copped the Cobalt Blue colorway on steep discount via JJ in-store. Never had a particular liking for these in the past, but in person that 3M caught my eye and led to a newfound appreciation

Copped the Cobalt Blue colorway on steep discount via JJ in-store. Never had a particular liking for these in the past, but in person that 3M caught my eye and led to a newfound appreciation
My local JJ has the first orange/ blue colorway for $74.00.. Time to shove one to the back of the closet for the future.. If these gundams were scrapped, I need my original pair swapped..I'm sick and tired of being able to look, but not touch my pair haha.

Back
Top Bottom