Nike Air Max Griffey Fury - SPRING 2012 [CounterKicks.com]

New pics from Taobao.  I think these are real...?
eyes.gif

T2ld4SXnpaXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T21dJSXkRbXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T260tSXhtcXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T28epSXiRXXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T2JudSXdFaXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T2ct4SXnJaXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T24dJSXkBbXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T2W0pSXk0cXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T2aulSXoRXXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T2ed8SXkNaXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg
T2edJSXnhbXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

^Not feeling them, but those PS'd pics from the 1st page make them look much better...

^Not feeling them, but those PS'd pics from the 1st page make them look much better...

these are ugly as +#%*.... i love how they put griffey in the name that way the non heads would buy them.. Freshwater + Griffey + 360 sole = Hypebeast dream

these are ugly as +#%*.... i love how they put griffey in the name that way the non heads would buy them.. Freshwater + Griffey + 360 sole = Hypebeast dream

If they dropped the original Fury, I'd definitely have to buy some. I've been fiending after them since I wore my first pair into the ground as a kid.

If they dropped the original Fury, I'd definitely have to buy some. I've been fiending after them since I wore my first pair into the ground as a kid.

They should've just done the original Fury's with the hyperfuse overlay. I bet these were actually easier to produce since they just slapped the standard 360 sole on them. And yes easy=lazy in this matter.

They should've just done the original Fury's with the hyperfuse overlay. I bet these were actually easier to produce since they just slapped the standard 360 sole on them. And yes easy=lazy in this matter.

I look forward to the day when people bang their fists on tables for sleeping on the Jr.'s and these. I like and will buy both of these colorways.

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-04.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-05.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-07.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-01.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-06.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-08.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-03.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-02.jpg

I look forward to the day when people bang their fists on tables for sleeping on the Jr.'s and these. I like and will buy both of these colorways.

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-04.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-05.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-07.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-01.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-06.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-08.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-03.jpg

nike-air-max-griffey-fury-black-action-green-02.jpg

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I always wondered why many nike retros never get a true jump up in the upgrade department? Retro a late 80s bball shoe, throw in visible heel zoom air, and forefoot zoom, raise the price $10-15 bucks and actually make it performance worthy. There is no excuse these "retros" can't be used for performance. Same with the OG fury.. I'm not even sure that these had forefoot AIR. We know about the visible heel air. So why not just retro the same model to 99% likeness, and then change the cushioning/under carriage.

I think the AF25 did that with their visible air models but it doesnt even have to be that noticable.. Just cutout the foam in the forefoot and add in the forefoot zoom air pod and there's your "upgrade".

Then again, Nike/ JB always has to change something. They did the Alpha AJ1 with zoom air but went about changing the upper of the shoe with their seamless non leather stuff. Had they kept it straight OG and had an advanced hidden cushioning system, it would've even better.

It's just sad that 360 air is so visible and easy to market compared to a product that may be embedded into a shoe. All a new age Air Max Fury needed was an advanced cushioning system internally.. In fact, thats all these new retros need.

But for Nike, they are caught up in some twisted logic. They have designs that a sneaker savvy person would remember yet change it up to become a mass appeal shoe by adding in the easy to market 360 outsoles.. It's really a crazy game Nike is playing. Are they really trying to cater to both vastly different markets with one product? One side says, "I remember these from 1994, but they are different now. Pass". The other side says, "these are unique and different. I've never seen these in my life. plus they have 360 air.. BUY!". They are literally teasing the old breed that may remember the old and helped Nike get to where they are. Tell me how that's fair?

Amen, why can't all of our favorite retros get upgraded with new cushioning. Why not put full length zoom air in jordan iii and xi's? In our favorite Griffey trainers including 1,2, and fury's. I don't like that a running shoes cushioning and sole is being slapped on all of these TRAINERS. They are too high off the ground, I would much prefer zoom air.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I always wondered why many nike retros never get a true jump up in the upgrade department? Retro a late 80s bball shoe, throw in visible heel zoom air, and forefoot zoom, raise the price $10-15 bucks and actually make it performance worthy. There is no excuse these "retros" can't be used for performance. Same with the OG fury.. I'm not even sure that these had forefoot AIR. We know about the visible heel air. So why not just retro the same model to 99% likeness, and then change the cushioning/under carriage.

I think the AF25 did that with their visible air models but it doesnt even have to be that noticable.. Just cutout the foam in the forefoot and add in the forefoot zoom air pod and there's your "upgrade".

Then again, Nike/ JB always has to change something. They did the Alpha AJ1 with zoom air but went about changing the upper of the shoe with their seamless non leather stuff. Had they kept it straight OG and had an advanced hidden cushioning system, it would've even better.

It's just sad that 360 air is so visible and easy to market compared to a product that may be embedded into a shoe. All a new age Air Max Fury needed was an advanced cushioning system internally.. In fact, thats all these new retros need.

But for Nike, they are caught up in some twisted logic. They have designs that a sneaker savvy person would remember yet change it up to become a mass appeal shoe by adding in the easy to market 360 outsoles.. It's really a crazy game Nike is playing. Are they really trying to cater to both vastly different markets with one product? One side says, "I remember these from 1994, but they are different now. Pass". The other side says, "these are unique and different. I've never seen these in my life. plus they have 360 air.. BUY!". They are literally teasing the old breed that may remember the old and helped Nike get to where they are. Tell me how that's fair?

Amen, why can't all of our favorite retros get upgraded with new cushioning. Why not put full length zoom air in jordan iii and xi's? In our favorite Griffey trainers including 1,2, and fury's. I don't like that a running shoes cushioning and sole is being slapped on all of these TRAINERS. They are too high off the ground, I would much prefer zoom air.

i'm with yall. loved my OG fury cleats but could care less about these. it's the colorways that kill it for me, way too highlighter-esque for me.

i'm with yall. loved my OG fury cleats but could care less about these. it's the colorways that kill it for me, way too highlighter-esque for me.

Back
Top Bottom