Nike Air Max Hyperposite, New $225 Foamposite Shoe in 2012

It looks like it's the end of the road sad to say :smh:

I might cop the atomic greens just to quench my THIRST!

IMHO this could have been a great sneaker with lasting power, but it wasn't marketed correctly....

The colorways released were barely wore in the NBA and the best colorways worn in the NBA have yet to be released...

So much potential, but sadly the hyperdunk has 50+ available colorways and this only has about 7 I believe that were avaiable and 2 were very limited.

It probably would have done better if they made these shoes as sigs for young, rising player on the Nike roster. If they kept BG32, this would have been a good start. Ain't no one buying these shoes because of Amare, only because of the NYK colors. Too late though, because it seems Nike has already moved on with these.

They should have also done limited runs of PEs like they did with those 2011 hyperdunks and include Rondo, Gay, Lamarcus, Horford, Anthony D, etc.

Last edited:
It's quite simple, just give us better colors and PEs.  That's all they have to do with this shoe.  They should've just featured this shoe on ID if they were going to take the route they took.  Crazy color options aren't really needed for ID either.  The basic PEs have stood out like crazy to me: Aldridge, DWest, Horford, Bosh, Odem, VC and so on.  I'd be satisfied if they just gave us the options to do similar mock ups like the PEs.

I dont like how the front of the shoes elevate. The toes come up. Otherwise, not a bad looking shoe.

Witholding all of the dope PEs is nothing new, unfortunately.  The GR colorways weren't anything special, but they weren't bad either. Price this shoe at $185 as opposed to $225 and the results are different.  Guess we're basically paying a premium for the Foam material.

So far I have the Statue of Liberty's, Fireberries and the Knicks/Amare colorway. The Obsidian and Orange/Brown joints are on the way from the states.

This is one of the most beautiful shoes Nike has produced in a long time. Not sure why they're being stingy with colorways. It's also as comfortable as it is beautiful, even rivaling my pair of Air Max 2012's.

I don't understand why these didn't "click" with the general public. It couldn't have been the pricing with people paying $180 retail for 15 year old technology/comfort. I'm guessing like someone stated earlier, they'll become popular later and people will regret not grabbing them.

WIth all that said, I'm looking for the Tiger Camo as they didn't release in any of the HOH here in Europe. Size 11 if anyone sees any around.

Gracias.

That's the thing, that 15 year old technology sells itself.  All you have to do is slap a Jumpman on it and people will go crazy.  Hell, throw a Nike Air sign on the heel and people are willing to kill people just for the opportunity to drop $200!  Crazy.

This shoe has no real backstory.  Like someone said earlier, they should've done a better job marketing this shoe.  I think we can all agree that once this shoe dries up, people are going to be pissed that they didn't cop when they had the chance.

On another note, finally secured my first pair.  Snatched the Amare joints up on eBay.  Now I hope these don't run too snug, but luckily I don't have wide feet so that should help.  Statue of Liberties and Fireberries up next.

That's the thing, that 15 year old technology sells itself.  All you have to do is slap a Jumpman on it and people will go crazy.  Hell, throw a Nike Air sign on the heel and people are willing to kill people just for the opportunity to drop $200!  Crazy.

This shoe has no real backstory.  Like someone said earlier, they should've done a better job marketing this shoe.  I think we can all agree that once this shoe dries up, people are going to be pissed that they didn't cop when they had the chance.

On another note, finally secured my first pair.  Snatched the Amare joints up on eBay.  Now I hope these don't run too snug, but luckily I don't have wide feet so that should help.  Statue of Liberties and Fireberries up next.

It's disgusting man. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for certain retro's despite their abysmal quality as of late but I really think this whole retro craze might be partially holding the game back from evolving even further.

Anywho, the Hyperspoite really conforms to your foot. They feel fine just walking around but if I have a long drive somewhere I try to wear something different as the shoe really grips your foot and has put mine to sleep a few times. All of mine are sz 11 despite me being a 10.5 and they fit perfectly.

It's disgusting man. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for certain retro's despite their abysmal quality as of late but I really think this whole retro craze might be partially holding the game back from evolving even further.

Anywho, the Hyperspoite really conforms to your foot. They feel fine just walking around but if I have a long drive somewhere I try to wear something different as the shoe really grips your foot and has put mine to sleep a few times. All of mine are sz 11 despite me being a 10.5 and they fit perfectly.
Very true.  Last year was really my swan song as far as buying Jordans on a regular basis now that I have my 4's.  I'll probably grab 3 - 4 of them this year if that.

I went with my true 11.5, wanted to grab a 12.  I'm hoping that they mold to your feet just like regular Foams.  Couldn't pass up the deal of basically getting them for retail (below after my eBay bucks).  I'll just wear them with thin dri fit socks and hope for the best.

Anyone know why Stat stopped wearing them? too heavy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom