Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Phantom

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Heroes Pack

Votes: 68 20.1%
  • SVSM

Votes: 20 5.9%

• Total voters
StockX format isn’t perfect but it still beats dealing with local broke boy buyers who show up 30 mins to an hour late for a meetup and then proceed to say “aww I’m $20 short, is that aite.”

:rofl: I almost put hands on a buyer because of this.

I asked this buyer more than once do you have all the money? Be honest before I make the trip. Price is firm. Only for him to pull that nonsense. But I caught myself and walked away.

speaking of NT creating an app similar to stockx, why did the buy/sell forum for 9 and under just become garbage on NT? it's really just become this

200.gif

GOAT and stockx have destabilized the ability to just buy and sell without a middle person... there's ebay but we know how that goes
11.5 is virtually just old post

It’s an interesting discussion point.

what if the payout/buyer fees were the same as like goat (less than stockx and more than eBay over 100) but you knew the NTer it was going to. Would you feel different?

I personally would cut into my profit a bit to sell to an NTer.

Just my opinion nike can curve all this by doing pre orders for certain items and give a window for the orders before it close

been saying this. Once their calendar is set, allow preorders. I’d gladly have my money tied up for a few months if I know I’m guaranteed to get the product. Also Nike could leverage the preorder money to invest it interest free. They’d still sell out. Win/bigger(win) for all parties.

StockX takes 80%? Since when? Sold a pair on there a few months ago and was nowhere close to that.
No. Basically what I'm saying is, if you buy a shoe for 200, sell it for 260, stock x is gonna keep 50% of your profit for that sale. Of course that's not the case if you have a pair of Dior 1s or something like that. But stock x makes most of their money off the GRs that release that we miss, not the occasional yeezy 2 sale.

Then for that same sale, they make another 20 bucks in shipping and processing fees from the buyer.

Folks really need to stop using stock x and goat and put them out of business. They're both vultures.

No reason why you buy a shoe for 200, sell it for 280, you profit 20 bucks and stock x takes home 60 bucks. Smh, imo

I really agree with you on this although I don't have experience with StockX honestly because I've never done business on there. But I hate the secondary market in general for any type of goods.

I have a brand new pair of 2008 CDP XI/XII I'm trying to sell but I don't want the corporate parasites on StockX leeching off me with fees. I don't feel like getting pimped by them. I don't want to deal with StockX because that idiot Cavs owner Dan Gilbert is one of its owners. I don't want him and his partners eating off me especially based on the type of of businessman he is with his detrimental behavior. Never forget he was an immature petulant a@! clown in 2010 after LeBron James left for the Heat. Remember when he had a letter proclaiming the Cavs would win a title before LeBron would with the Heat stuck on the team site for 4 years until LeBron returned? Yeah I don't want a loser like that getting my money.

And I don't want to go to some resale shoe stores within the city radius because they'll try to low-ball me badly to reduce overhead so they can turn around and resell it for maximum profit. I feel they'll give me a rape price on a or trade price honestly.

I'm in a bind now because I feel I'm getting raped either way by going to a reseller site or resale store.

I ain't going the consignment route either because your merchandise isn't insured. What if the store you leave it at to try to get a price you want gets looted or a disaster strikes? You basically totally lost out without getting anything in return because they'll absolve themselves of any liability.

Stockx makes it so easy and convenient, which lets them get away with high prices and ridiculous fees

plus I guess you get some peace of mind, especially for the casual sneaker head.

I’m all for freezing them out but there needs to be a better alternative and it’s not eBay

if Stockx would do random promotions like they used to do, they’d be cool with me. Now they’re just greedy and taking advantage of very weak competition

How could you expect ethical business practices from StockX when one of its owners, Dan Gilbert, is a legalized loan shark because he's a mortgage lender? Don't forget he owns Rocket Mortgage which used to be Quicken Loans. He basically earned his fortune by profiting off people who needed housing and had no choice but to take a loan because no one has cash to buy a house outright like that.

Yeah I don't want a petulant crybaby profiting off me. He was so distressed and whined like a little girl after his cash cow, LeBron James, left in 2010. But it was his fault for being stupid because he was in the wrong business. He just liked the profit LeBron generated but didn't understand being a NBA owner means he would have to make concessions when dealing with a superstar of that magnitude. If Gilbert wanted total control, he should have used common sense to own a NFL or MLB team instead because owners have more control in those leagues. The only exception with the NFL is if a team has a marketable and profitable quarterback, then the owner will have to cater to the QB in that scenario.

StockX format isn’t perfect but it still beats dealing with local broke boy buyers who show up 30 mins to an hour late for a meetup and then proceed to say “aww I’m $20 short, is that aite.”

Thanks for sharing this. That's one of the reasons I don't like to resell. I'm glad I just stay a true fan of sneaks and get them to keep and wear. Reselling has too many issues along with too much work to put in to acquire and move the product.

Dan Gilbert (stockx) is a billionaire for a reason

I wish it was an NTer that came up with the app, not some greedy old man who owns a mortgage company. A mortgage company to me is making money off of being rich. That letter he wrote to Lebron when he left the first time, I hate that he’s profiting off all this.

I'm glad we think alike.

A mortgage company is also making money off the poor or people who can't afford to buy a home outright. Who the hell has cash saved up or sitting on it like that to buy a house initially? They know housing is a necessity for humans and they profit off their needs that way knowing they need a loan to cover the cost of the home.

What an a%$ clown Dan Gilbert was by proclaiming the Cavs would win a title before LeBron James would with the Heat. And that idiotic letter was stuck on the team website for 4 years until LeBron returned!

:rofl: I almost put hands on a buyer because of this.

I asked this buyer more than once do you have all the money? Be honest before I make the trip. Price is firm. Only for him to pull that nonsense. But I caught myself and walked away.

Too bad you didn't open up a 6-pack of whoop a#$ on that loser! You would have been justified to do so because you told him what you wanted and he seemed to agree with your stated price based on how pissed off you came off in this post. I mean you were trying to get what you negotiated when you conveyed that to him.

He should have just respectfully conveyed he didn't want to do business with you if you wouldn't give him a price he preferred to save time and trouble for you. I doubt you would have been upset with him if he saved you time by being upfront about what he wanted.

I don’t care for Gilbert or the Cavs, but that city had just been blindsided and abandoned by their savior in the blink of an eye. What was he supposed to say “oh man Cleveland, we got some rough years ahead of us.” He had to come up with some eloquently written BS to calm the nerves of the people, including making outrageous claims like they’ll win a title before Bron would.

Stock X giving the seller 10 days is wild especially when Saturday & Sunday don’t count.

So i ordered on 6/26 and seller has until 7/9 to ship. That’s a joke :lol:

Back
Top Bottom