Nike Air Max Plus Thread

nljlnblkjn.jpg

2016 Unreleased Wmns Nike Air Max Plus Sample
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DS-NIKE-20...688664?hash=item3af6db9458:g:WVIAAOSwFb5aA6Dl

i have a pair of Air max 2 94 Cb 94 Cb 34 ,an the 94 an 34 are like pillows the cb 94 is nice to ,i just dont like the ,booty thing in the back of the shoe ,some may call it an ankle guard they all feel like walking on a pillow very dope
9t0cqa.jpg

loool this article is bull**** for me, talking about the fashion part

from 1998 to 2010s this shoe was THE ghetto shoe in France, and by the ghetto shoe i mean that if you had that on feet people would identify you like a drug dealer/thug/etc, a "racaille" in french. i dont know as much about us, but i'm sure that it was never a iconic pair there.
Literally, in France if you ask someone what a thug looks like (not the current thugs all over the world with slim fit clothes and girl hairs lol) they would answer you its a black/arab person with a lacoste tracksuit and a TN on feet.

For the anecdote, my old cousin who witnessed the '98 of the TNs said me that at first the shoe was very expensive (and before, the shoe was always full priced at FLs in france) and drug dealers, who had more money than others, began to wear them, like someone would buy a gucci shoe to show off. It settled a trend and the people from the ghetto began to wear those shoes. It was at the time even considered as part of the uniform of a drug dealer lol. At least, thats how it began in his hood and thousands of hoods in France.

Now Nike is trying to re-brand the TN as a fashion shoe...truth is that also today if you walk with TNs in France, people will see you as a thug, and 10-20 years before it was worst.

I talked only about France, but its the same for Belgium, netherlands...and i believe the best sales of TNs has always been France..

I live in Houston, Texas and TN's were known as a "street" shoe here during the late 90's/early 2000's. A lot of guys on the southside of the city wore TN's, 95's, and tailwinds. The air max was a shoe that a lot of hustlers and street cats wore at that time. The typical outfit was a pair of TN's or 95's, starched jeans, and a fubu shirt. Here's a few pics

FullSizeRender-4.jpg
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

But it is exactly what Nike wrote, its always been a "cult favorite in NY". Obviously Nike is not going to officially acknowledge the european "drug dealer/thug" influence of their popular shoe style on one of their presser/marketing websites. Although they still do mention other regions in it.
Since the amp's dropped in the 90's til present day, there nearly hasn't been a day that I wear my amp's out in NYC that I haven't gotten a comment or double take. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom