Nike Air Max Plus Thread

Unfortunately east bay and ftl only has smaller sizes under women’s 6.5
D87B75CF-6BC6-47A9-925C-105FA855F09F.png

Thanks for checking SamKQboro. Really appreciate that. I was convincing myself that there was a land of plenty remaining but alas seems like US guys have got TN fever too.

Will have to see what comes to light UK/EUR wise.

I've noticed the harder things with less hyped colourways is that the chance of resellers is less as people just buy for themselves (which is a good thing). I appreciate resellers in the sort of cases where you're trying to cop something from a year or more back and this is kind of in that time range.

Never had the Sunsets in any iteration so today was the first time I ever bought and owned a pair. Nice colorway, bring on the Hyper Blues.

20181124_211828~2.jpg 20181124_211825~2.jpg

Thought to include a picture of the insoles. Insoles from the Sunset/Tiger Air Max Plus "OG" on the top and 2003 Hyper Blue retro below. I don't have the original insoles from the 1999 or 2000 French Blues but those were made from a durable white foam that was hard to bend. These two are just rubber.

Still, nice to get those arch supports again! :lol: 20181124_214328.jpg

Last edited:
Right about the quality issues. Really silly comment that the shoe should never of been re released. It’s been released X number of times since 1998, where has that guy been? Part timer :wink: Plus if we follow that logic, we may as well throw every single Nike Air Max since the 87, every vintage Nike runner, every Jordan, into a vault and throw away the key.

Then we can all wear Lebrons, and the latest Nike runner technology year in year out.

People like retros. The shoe is only associated with the rave scene in the UK that was never what is what was intended for.

When Avirex made varsity jackets, they did not make them or market them for the So Solid Crew or Roll Deep! ( early UK Grime crews for my International colleagues) Neither did Evisu make Jeans for them. Need to separate what culture adopts, like association and nick names to what the product was originally intended for, it’s a running shoe like all the others, but with funky colorways. Dead discussion

The guy on the left is right, Nike adapt and market to these associations people made. But it’s all subjective.

Nike started jumping on the UK underground music scene, in the early 2000s, they made Dizzie rascal their first target, giving him is own shoe, then you saw Tiny Tempah years later get his own shoe, then most recently you saw Skepta. The AMP predates this marketing drive by Nike.

Last edited:
As a runner I can’t really understand how any of the 80’s and 90’s Air Max shoes where intended for running. For running I pick up a pair of Pegasus every second year.

3th vein / tongue pressing down on the top of my foot that's also what I felt when my HB was new (but honestly it feels tight at this aera only when they are new, after the break-in it's ok, the length being good I'm happy to be staying TTS personally, after for the little comparison we are very far from the tight fit of the 97 silver OG from beginning of 2018, this shoe is really an horror on feet if you take it TTS)
i put a minifootball in my hypers and it made it feel a bit better in that area :lol:

3 dudes who don't like the shoe, reviewing it. One of whom purchased them :lol: . That there says all it needs to about it's relevance or "retro-worthiness"

I really have to question how out of touch some of these dudes are when they mentioned "who's buying TNs". This shoes probably had the single longest run of any shoe I can think of next to the AF1. It's questionable even calling AMPs a retro, considering they've released every single year consistently since their debut. Even the AF1 had a hiatus from the mid 80s until they re-released in the early 90s.

As for the quality concerns. My biggest gripe is the lack of padding found inside on all other TNs. Things like glue stains or imperfections in the paint are commonplace on mass produced sneakers and have been an issue since 98. Clear toe-cap models have always been prone to glue showing, especially around the stitching.

59141452a33bcda60fd6d22a9188d9a4.jpg

I would have liked to see a brighter yellow, but I'll live. I'm surprised nobody brought up the thicker embossed veins. To me, that's a much bigger cosmetic change.

Got my pair yesterday, ended up getting a second pair. Definitely one of my favorite air maxes glad I didn't have have to drop $300+ on the 13' pair. Here's some comparison pics from the 99 pair, the color/fade seems pretty close to the original and one thing I noticed that wasn't mentioned is the veins on the 18' pair are flat where the ogs buldged out a little bit and theres 5 circles on the outsole vs the 4 on the ogs. Not griping just wanted to share.
0419253C-554D-4394-BFAE-268EFBC20C72.jpeg

6FE11F48-2712-4A65-8EC8-53C62485E99E.jpeg

CEB8CB92-D080-4FE6-A123-BC833938E7A6.jpeg

F6179844-EE6C-49C2-BE04-C7D21C569952.jpeg

14FEBB57-47BB-420B-84A3-4BDB6A1BD6B5.jpeg
050E2CFA-4953-473D-89CF-22F970875FE3.jpeg

BD936CE5-3894-4F8C-BA03-6FD1FE801201.jpeg

Jeez these fools can't just appreciate the shoe?

Not one of the better #panel discussions...

I'm subscribed to them on youtube. I don't consider myself a sneakerhead but sometimes there are details that even I know better than they do!

For those that got them, how is the comfort? I plan on getting the hyper blues on 12/22 and I never had or tried on a pair of the AM Plus. I remember loving the hyper blues when they came out in 1998 while I was in the 6th grade. How does TN air feel?

For those that got them, how is the comfort? I plan on getting the hyper blues on 12/22 and I never had or tried on a pair of the AM Plus. I remember loving the hyper blues when they came out in 1998 while I was in the 6th grade. How does TN air feel?

Honestly, it’s typical Air Max comfort :lol: meaning it’s going to take a couple of wears to break in. I’ve been wearing my Hyper Blues for about 3 days and they feel decent, but after so many hours my feet screams a little but bearable.

Honestly, it’s typical Air Max comfort :lol: meaning it’s going to take a couple of wears to break in. I’ve been wearing my Hyper Blues for about 3 days and they feel decent, but after so many hours my feet screams a little but bearable.
Did u go tts ?

Back
Top Bottom