Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

Saw the AM95 neon inspired colorway last night at HOH. Definitely gonna cop. I think they will go on sale so I’m gonna wait it out a bit.

What's the real story on these? If these are the ones KG wore in 95-96 they had to be navy blue and not that Orlando blue, right?

That would mean that the Orlando colorway is a new color that we've never seen before? (like a retro plus) There were so many colors back then, Idk.

Attachments

• kg.jpg
    kg.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 688
That’s a an OG release like the Pippens/Bulls cw were. They were actually royal and not navy blue. The ones that retroed are piss poor retros like the wannabe DFish cw. Instead of using royal blue, they used photo blue.

That’s a an OG release like the Pippens/Bulls cw were. They were actually royal and not navy blue. The ones that retroed are piss poor retros like the wannabe DFish cw. Instead of using royal blue, they used photo blue.

1.) Thanks, so were there ever any Original PE's from 95-96 that were like this but navy? I'm asking because I've seen lots of pictures of KG in his home Minnesota Jersey and they look navy blue.

2.) Better yet, was that trim on the Home 95-96 Minnesota jersey navy or royal?

Saw the AM95 neon inspired colorway last night at HOH. Definitely gonna cop. I think they will go on sale so I’m gonna wait it out a bit.

Was wondering what happen to those. Pictures leaked like back in the summer time and then they were never talked about again... if OG color's didn't sell out, I can wait on these as well....

Saw them too at a regular FTL on Saturday. Thought these came out awhile back. Thinking about picking them up as well. Materials on any retro are always suspect, but I’ve always preferred these over the More Uptempos.

which HOH location is this? can you please assist w/ getting the SKU for this cw?

Another question:

These actually came out in 1996, right? I had them back then and I feel like they came out early '96. The white/black/teal colorway.

Another question:

These actually came out in 1996, right? I had them back then and I feel like they came out early '96. The white/black/teal colorway.
I'm pretty sure they released in very late '95, so they effectively weren't really out on a lot of people's feet before the calendar flipped to '96.

uptempo am95.jpg

CK0891 001

Thanks for providing the SKU. theses released overseas late last year and aparently trickled to the US. i tried calling up FTL to see if they could stock locate and they said they couldn't find any in the system. after all this home stay is over, if anyone sees these in their local store, please PM me and lemme know if you can provide an assist. i even provided nike w/ the style/color code and they couldn't find them in the system. stay safe everyone. thanks in advance.

Nike is weird.

fish actually wore a pair that has material that reaches between the two bottom eyelets, yet they give the public the opposite.

so they retro an coveted OG colorway only to to the opposite (add material that reaches between the lower 2 eyelets.
F36C2496-1186-4B9A-9871-EC69626520F0.jpeg
8B579FE2-4CB4-4968-9595-F3B923EE7DC7.jpeg

you must be new as this has been discussed in the mid 2000s...haha. even the first retro lakers cw was not the same as fish's pe. another difference is the yellow eyelet liner, swoosh on the midsole and tongue liner is canyon gold as well, purple inside the air bags and the pull loops are purple. this latest lakers retro is a more pale and ugly yellow compared to the first, not to mention the smaller air bags.

See the pic by an OG PE collector, Dependable Jay
2DAC4D35-102C-41E3-9CC2-6A9CD05EC58C.jpeg

Last edited:
uptempo am95.jpg

CK0891 001

Thanks for providing the SKU. theses released overseas late last year and aparently trickled to the US. i tried calling up FTL to see if they could stock locate and they said they couldn't find any in the system. after all this home stay is over, if anyone sees these in their local store, please PM me and lemme know if you can provide an assist. i even provided nike w/ the style/color code and they couldn't find them in the system. stay safe everyone. thanks in advance.
What size are you looking for?

No size 13 😡🤬
word. i asked FTL customer service last week about these and they said that they're not in the system. low and behold they post these on their site w/ sizes already sold out! the suck is real. anyone find a 14, hit me up!

not to mention we can't use any of the discount codes on these either...real weak FTL.

Last edited:
this is one of those shoes that you like but couldn't pull the trigger on them. many times I'm close to buying these but everytime I try them on, they just suck so bad that you say to hell with it. they really look nice aesthetically and the colorblocking is one of the most eye-friendly and catchy shoes. the cushion though is meh and felt uncomfortable, plus rough feeling of rubbing around your ankles. hopefully they retro something as comfortable as the Air Maestro 2s. now those are really mad comfortable.

this is one of those shoes that you like but couldn't pull the trigger on them. many times I'm close to buying these but everytime I try them on, they just suck so bad that you say to hell with it. they really look nice aesthetically and the colorblocking is one of the most eye-friendly and catchy shoes. the cushion though is meh and felt uncomfortable, plus rough feeling of rubbing around your ankles. hopefully they retro something as comfortable as the Air Maestro 2s. now those are really mad comfortable.
As much of a fan of the Maestro 2s, them joints need to go in the vault for awhile. Flight Lite 1s as well. Time to bring out the Maestro 1s.

These were comfy out the box for me.
No issues

way back that sale for like 80 was super clutch.

got my favorites like the torquise, fisher, chicago home, chicago away, black/volt green. they had/have them for good deals since they got launch. I don't know but for me they felt rough on the collar and the step in comfort was average. although they felt much better compared to the Carter Shox. I'm just bummed that they don't feel the typical uptempos. too bad I didn't got into the Uptempo 94s when they got retroed though I haven't tried them if they felt as good as the OG's. and the Garnett Posites didn't feel as good as I remembered them. hopefully Nike would do something to make those cushions really worth it as they were back then.

Back
Top Bottom