Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

I remember about 10+ years ago, Nike said they couldn’t do OG fat air bubbles anymore cause they weren’t environmentally friendly or something along those lines >D.

Didn’t buy it then, and I still don’t. My guess is Sportswear doesn’t want to put in the effort to design a comfortable air max unit.

Like OP said, the last two retros literally felt like bricks underfoot: that’s how uncomfortable they were :stoneface: .

Despite that, people still bought them cause it’s such an iconic shoe.

Had the OG’s and the 2000 retro; they were perfect |l.

I remember about 10+ years ago, Nike said they couldn’t do OG fat air bubbles anymore cause they weren’t environmentally friendly or something along those lines >D.

Didn’t buy it then, and I still don’t. My guess is Sportswear doesn’t want to put in the effort to design a comfortable air max unit.

Like OP said, the last two retros literally felt like bricks underfoot: that’s how uncomfortable they were :stoneface: .

That air bubble excuse is a damn lie. The 270’s have the biggest air bubble I’ve ever seen. Lol

Sounds really silly excuse... Had the OG's too back in high school and then couldn't get the 2000 retro, they were my fave Uptempo, I really miss them...

Need that Black CW as well as that Concord. I was obsessed with this shoe when it first dropped. Sadly, I was just a freshman in HS. My folks weren't about to dish out $140 for some shoes. Still got my 2000 retro of the Teal cw.

IMG_0553.png

543ED075-40A6-479A-A0E5-64E99FD04DCF.jpeg

These were more than the 11s back then? Wild
Not wild. Prices today are tied to hype. Back then, the prices were tied directly to the visible tech, which (other than the Foamposite) was really just the amount of Air. The OG Pippens, which were basically a Max Uptempo with slightly modified looks, were a mind-blowing $160. I wanted the black/white/red pair so bad … I was in college when they came out and I remember standing in a Footlocker holding them and trying to convince myself to buy them. But I just couldn’t do it at that price when I had to really watch every penny. The Foamposites at $180 may as well have been $1000 to me back then. Those price tags were unbelievable at the time. I went to a huge Big 10 university with thousands and thousands of students and I don’t remember seeing a single person ever wearing either of those shoes, on or off the court. Seemed like I wasn’t the only one who found them too expensive.

Not wild. Prices today are tied to hype. Back then, the prices were tied directly to the visible tech, which (other than the Foamposite) was really just the amount of Air. The OG Pippens, which were basically a Max Uptempo with slightly modified looks, were a mind-blowing $160. I wanted the black/white/red pair so bad … I was in college when they came out and I remember standing in a Footlocker holding them and trying to convince myself to buy them. But I just couldn’t do it at that price when I had to really watch every penny. The Foamposites at $180 may as well have been $1000 to me back then. Those price tags were unbelievable at the time. I went to a huge Big 10 university with thousands and thousands of students and I don’t remember seeing a single person ever wearing either of those shoes, on or off the court. Seemed like I wasn’t the only one who found them too expensive.

A lot of those shoes hit clearance though. Saw the air max uptempo as low as 50 bucks. I did see the OG foams on court once back then.

A lot of those shoes hit clearance though. Saw the air max uptempo as low as 50 bucks. I did see the OG foams on court once back then.
I don’t know if I ever saw them on clearance but that’s kinda beside the point. My post was in reply to wizards23brown wizards23brown being surprised the XIs weren’t the priciest Nike hoops shoe of the time. Like I said, back in the day you paid more for more Air lol

Does anybody have some good pics of the white-black-teal OG's ? I mean not the promo ones.

Is there any hint Nike will reissue the Air Max Uptempo 95 in the next future in the classic black-white-teal colors?
The last reissue of that shoe really disappointed me, I wonder why Nike can't make a faithful reissue of their classics with the proper detailing and the original fat air units...this drives me nuts... :emoji_triumph:

What type of changes need to be made from the 2011 retro?

-or course bigger air units
-the overall shape of the upper, the OG was rounder
-The air window on the sole

What else? 🤔

What type of changes need to be made from the 2011 retro?

-or course bigger air units
-the overall shape of the upper, the OG was rounder
-The air window on the sole

What else? 🤔
The inside was black in the OG and in the 2000 retro instead of white, with teal inner sole and the upper had checked black/silver trimming.
The tongue and back rings were black with teal trimming and the Nike logo on the tongue was teal instead of black.
As I remember the air window on the sole was also present in the last retro.
Also the OG and the 2000 retro had overall higher quality materials.

Back
Top Bottom