Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

I understand how you feel and agree, however I don't understand why people keep holding out hope for this. I personally file this gripe under "not happening again". It's just a change I've accepted.
I don’t know why you would assume it will never happen again. They have 2 different versions of the air max 1 now, and one specifically has a big bubble. I’m not saying I think it will necessarily happen but it certainly could and I’m absolutely content skipping them all unless they fix them.

They’re basically like the bootleg versions of Jordan 3-6 we were getting for years with the jumpman on the back. It’s not even a good approximation so I’m cool on them.

I don’t know why you would assume it will never happen again. They have 2 different versions of the air max 1 now, and one specifically has a big bubble. I’m not saying I think it will necessarily happen but it certainly could and I’m absolutely content skipping them all unless they fix them.

They’re basically like the bootleg versions of Jordan 3-6 we were getting for years with the jumpman on the back. It’s not even a good approximation so I’m cool on them.
That's the AM1, which has way more versatility for casual wear in comparison to this model, or any 90s basketball shoe model. Even still with that, I look at how long it took to even get that version for the AM1.

I personally don't have time to keep waiting and passing because of a detail that can be overlooked, but that's the game they're playing at Nike. They might give you want you want, but they don't want you 100% satisfied because they want you on the retro train. I'm not knocking anyone for holding out for their perfect version of whatever retro they want, I'm just saying for ME, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of overpriced and incomplete versions that are designed to keep you watching and coming back at a higher MSRP only to repeat the process. It's ridiculous at this point. I would have loved the OG air unit for my Pennys, Barkleys, Webbers and others, but at the pace their going, I don't expect it anytime soon. They'll have you paying $260+ for an OG version with no improved tech just to have the air unit you've always wanted.

Still have my 2000 retro. I’m already leaning towards they’re going to eff up this retro as with the previous release…

1. Short tongue with no teal speckles on both loops again.
  2. Black swoosh instead of teal on the tongue again
  3. I bet they’ll go with clear air chambers instead of teal.
  4. Black insole instead of teal again.
Make me eat crow, Nike! This is my all time favorite shoe/cw. I was only a freshman in HS when the og dropped. I was obsessed with these. Of course, my folks weren’t about to drop that kind of bread on some shoes for me.
IMG_5110.jpeg
IMG_5111.jpeg
IMG_5112.jpeg

Bubbles are whatevs and they are beautiful regardless and will be copped. I love my Chicago pair.

Wow,2025? I still remember getting them back in 2015 for like $60. How time flies.

I love the uptempos and Barkleys and many times I was close to purchasing a few retro pairs. But when I tried them, I knew immediately that Nike did them dirty and I decided not to buy any unless they revert back to the old big bubble or improve on the cushion.

Back
Top Bottom