Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

OG colorway from 95 that was never retro'd.

it's the purple accents for me.

Air-Max-Uptempo-2.jpg
Air-Max-Uptempo-3.jpg
Air-Max-Uptempo-8.jpg
Air-Max-Uptempo-10.jpg
Air-Max-Uptempo-4.jpg
Air-Max-Uptempo.jpg
Had these during my senior year. Great shoe. Was on my way to peaking.

Outside of the Big East, there wasn’t another squad I watched more of back then. Padilla, Travieso, Kellogg, Camby, Roe, Bright, Dingle……..Boys were legit!!
Man.....This was back when men played in the NCAA tournament. Ahhh the good old days.

That 1996 year's Elite 8:

1 UMass vs 2 Georgetown (Iverson)
1 Kentucky (title winner) vs. 2 Wake Forest (Duncan)
5 Miss. State (Dampier) vs 2 Cincinnati (Fortson)
4 Syracuse (Wallace) vs. 2 Kansas (Vaughn, Pierce, LaFrentz)

Man.....This was back when men played in the NCAA tournament. Ahhh the good old days.

I barely even watch college hoops anymore. I'm not at all mad about so many guys going to the league early or taking alternate routes to get there, but there's no doubt it's really decreased the level of play in general and also killed any real rivalries. As you alluded to, it was a different product back when even big-time dudes mostly stayed in school for at least three years. Here and there I flip on a game and more often than not, after 15 minutes, I'm sitting here going, man this is terrible :lol:

I’m definitely with you. My boy played at Prairie View in 98 and drew Kansas in the 1st round. Fam was on the tv for like 42 seconds. But it’s an experience he’ll cherish.

I know the Fab 5 got a lot of love back then, but the best run of college ball I’ve seen was that ‘90 UNLV squad. Still holds the record for the largest margin of victory.

I’m definitely with you. My boy played at Prairie View in 98 and drew Kansas in the 1st round. Fam was on the tv for like 42 seconds. But it’s an experience he’ll cherish.

I know the Fab 5 got a lot of love back then, but the best run of college ball I’ve seen was that ‘90 UNLV squad. Still holds the record for the largest margin of victory.

I always wish those Vegas and Michigan teams would’ve crossed over and faced off. Vegas likely would’ve won, but it would’ve been hella entertaining.

I barely even watch college hoops anymore. I'm not at all mad about so many guys going to the league early or taking alternate routes to get there, but there's no doubt it's really decreased the level of play in general and also killed any real rivalries. As you alluded to, it was a different product back when even big-time dudes mostly stayed in school for at least three years. Here and there I flip on a game and more often than not, after 15 minutes, I'm sitting here going, man this is terrible :lol:
Very different time since it was rare top players left early. I created a "nothing but hoops" folder which allows me to get my nostalgia fix. Most of the videos I have are NCAA title games which I was able to get off of YT NCAA channel.

^^^Pretty much everything we could ever want has retroed, except for these. I think I'm going to have to move this shoe to my #1 grail.

I can see Nike retroing them in the next 5-10 years but no way they're exactly OG. They'll add another color that's not quite black to the shoe, like anthracite, off-noir, or even grey. I don't see them releasing a basketball retro with this much black and a small amount of white.

M marztharealist

^^^Pretty much everything we could ever want has retroed, except for these. I think I'm going to have to move this shoe to my #1 grail.

I can see Nike retroing them in the next 5-10 years but no way they're exactly OG. They'll add another color that's not quite black to the shoe, like anthracite, off-noir, or even grey. I don't see them releasing a basketball retro with this much black and a small amount of white.

M marztharealist
They still haven't retroed the Chicagos properly with the red inside the air units SMH

Back
Top Bottom