Nike Air on the back of Jordans

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

^ I agree with PRIME on this matter.

Because you cannot take off a major design element like the swoosh off the 1 and expect it sell.

It's like taking off the 3 stripes on the Adidas.
Exactly

The Nike Air logo is part of what made Jordans iconic and nostalgic to the people who wore the OGs.  The two were synonymous until JB decided to completely remove it from all shoes and apparel in 2001.  I think JB wants the younger generation to forget the Nike Air era ever existed. 

After getting the Concords, I'm done with JB.  I have enough Jordans.  The only thing that will bring me back at this point is Nike Air.  It might happen again one day.  If not, then so be it.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

I have never had a problem with the jumpman being placed on the back of Jordans, but I know majority of NT prefers the nike air on the back. I never really understood the big deal with the change other than the og was nike air, can someone explain why they care that much about it?

you probably dont care because you were too young or not even born when they first released.
unlike today we actually bought and liked shoes because we actually saw dude play in them and were a fan of his. It wasnt because of a retro movement and seeing celebrities and rappers on bet wearing them...
I'm 26 soon to be 27, so I clearly remember the days of Jordan playing in the league sir ...

things like this are part of the reason why they do it. they want you to WANT that nostalgic feeling, but never completely satisfy you. because once your are completely satisfied you have no reason to come back.

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

things like this are part of the reason why they do it. they want you to WANT that nostalgic feeling, but never completely satisfy you. because once your are completely satisfied you have no reason to come back.

qft

I wished they originally came out with the jumpman symbol instead of nike air. back in the 90s Jordan was the revolution and that symbol was everything!

Okay, so someone explain to me why there's a "Nike" with a swoosh on the soles of every single Air Jordan 1? Certainly that can't be a "major design element", considering the logo is on the sole and doesn't really stand out. It could have been easily replaced with a jumpman, much like the rest of the "Nike" logos on the shoes. Jumpman is on the tongue and slapped onto the back of the shoe. But they decide to leave "Nike" with a swoosh on the sole.

I think this shows that it's not so much an issue of branding, but rather that JB is looking to keeping an "insurance policy" in the event that demand for their product goes down (as stated by others earlier)

Inexcusable.

Back
Top Bottom