Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Really enjoying the Vomero 16 after about a month now, and ~30 miles. Happy to share a more thorough review if anyone is curious

Really enjoying the Vomero 16 after about a month now, and ~30 miles. Happy to share a more thorough review if anyone is curious

Please do! I have one pair as projected donors for a Peg30 upper. Think of it as a Nike Running Protro (word to Kobe R.I.P.)

Kryptonite Peg 36 X Zoom Fly 3 Hybrids (by GOVRN) for work today

7205C407-FFDE-43D7-8A47-3F4AD4B78759.jpeg

Please do! I have one pair as projected donors for a Peg30 upper. Think of it as a Nike Running Protro (word to Kobe R.I.P.)

Here goes

First some background, so folks can take whatever grain of salt they need, based on their own running preferences: I'm a moderate heel-striker, and I put about 12-15 miles in per week. So nothing too intense, and my experience with the Vom 16 is limited to my moderate daily run style. Prior to using the 16, I'd been rotating 2 slightly different Vom 14s for the past couple seasons.

Pros:
- Initial comfort and fit is top notch. There is no need for a break-in period (more on that later). Fits like a glove right out the box.
- Heel cup is really well placed, and holds my heel snug without any weird pressure on the Achilles etc. This may be different for people with different ankle structure so milage may vary.
- The lacing system, which looks pretty normal, does an excellent job of holding the lace at each interval. Im a huge fan of this, and is a big improvement over the Vom 14. What Im referring to is the ability for the lace loop to hold the lace in place at each loop, even without tying it yet. So you can get a really tight fit from top to bottom, without putting too much pressure just on the top
- Upper: Less structured than the 14. Has a soft, vaguely mesh-like feel, that reminds me a bit of NMDs. Very comfortable, but gives me some concern about longterm durability. With that said, I have felt contained and stable in the upper. Also, the shoe is noticeably lighter than the 14.
- Outsole: Again, Im a moderate heel-striker. Landing gives me a stable consistent feeling. I haven't felt any ankle wobbles or awkward landings yet. I may need to switch out the stock insole for something with a bit more pronate support, but that's a personal issue.

Cushion: Even as a heel-striker, I don't feel like Im landing too hard. But I didn't quite include this in my Pros because I feel sort of neutral about it so far. Its a nice stable ride with good landing. Its not super spongy on impact, and its not super springy on take-off. But it didn't feel like some kind of revolutionary advancement over the 14.

Cons:
- I'll get this out of the way since its trivial. Colorways are super boring at the moment. I know this is not the focus for Voms, but still, its basically black or white or gray so far. No drip flexing in these
- My main con isn't really a con yet, but more of a concern. As I said, the fit is great out the box, and the ride has been good so far. But the upper construction feels light and unstructured, and Im already starting to crank down the laces. Both of these make me question the longevity of the 16 as it begins to pack in and stretch out. Hopefully Im proven wrong, but I think some moderate to heavy use of the shoe will leave me feeling like I need to replace after 6-8 months or so, or risk having a flimsy upper. That would be a very fast replacement for me, so for those of you who replace frequently, this may be an even shorter lived model for you

Besting the 33s?!? Lol

Received the Shield NBYs yesterday… not too impressed TBH.

19B86FC6-8DCF-4A7C-B59B-36AECA5983B6.jpeg

24DF7F3E-F6F4-4B28-90B1-86E71F9C2858.jpeg
Any update. From my experience, the shield 37s were noticeably better than the regular 37s and far as cushioning and structure. Just want to see if I would take the same approach this year and favor the shield version.

Here's my 2 cents on the Peg Trail 3 Goretex after two wears of walking for an hour and a half both times in constant rain
Ill compare them to my winflo 6 shield for reference
I went tts, but you can go half size smaller if youre not a widefooter and want a tighter fit
Trail 3's dont get warm at all which is great, in the shield feet get hot fast.
Feets stayed completely dry as opposed to the winflo shield where after 45 minutes you start to get wet around the toes.
Puddles are no issue literally walked in plenty
Cushion is good, on the mushy side on the heel area, forefoot neutral.
My only gripe is I wish there was more padding around the heel area.
All in all, well worth the purchase. Goretex>Shield easily even though Shield does the job pretty well

supposedly peg turbo 3. ill hold out till we get a better source and actual announcement from nike but not feeling this particular pair.
non-nature pair or a better CW with a full zoomx midsole though would be nice

supposedly peg turbo 3. ill hold out till we get a better source and actual announcement from nike but not feeling this particular pair.
non-nature pair or a better CW with a full zoomx midsole though would be nice

Won’t believe it till I see it honestly.

ok ok now we talking nike, thanks B bluegrey , was looking forward to see what the swoosh had in store with all the other brands showing their new stuff at TRE last week. looks like we’re seeing zoomx more widely available even if it’ll come with a carrier foam

ok ok now we talking nike, thanks B bluegrey , was looking forward to see what the swoosh had in store with all the other brands showing their new stuff at TRE last week. looks like we’re seeing zoomx more widely available even if it’ll come with a carrier foam
Weird that the Vomero 15 was kind of the testbed for the SR02 carrier/ZoomX core combo!

Last edited:
Exciting times! We finally get a Flyknitted Pegasus and the return of the PegTurbo!

The Zegama and PegTrail 4 are looking really intriguing as well. I wonder if we’ll ever get a CF plated paired with ZOOMX trail running shoe though.

Nike restocked the black/white Peg 38 Shield last week. I just received my pair and they feel great. I picked up a regular pair of the Peg 38 as well to compare and the Shield version is definitely softer. I may send the regular Peg 38 back as the Shields and Vomero 16 should be enough for daily miles.
5318852B-1F57-47E2-9E8A-89CF21EEC3D4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom