Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

TRAIL 4 GTX
IMG_1.PNG

IMG_2.PNG

IMG_3.PNG

Why is there the cutout on the outsole on the heel like that? Seems like a spot you’d want tread for descending down loose rock.
Probably to create a trampoline effect, lower weight, and decouple the heel to allow it to deform according to the terrain. Or catch rocks. haha

Why is there the cutout on the outsole on the heel like that? Seems like a spot you’d want tread for descending down loose rock.
keep in mind that nobody who actually runs trails wears the peg GTX - it's heavier, it's not breathable, and it drains water poorly. it's strictly a $160 sportswear play for those who walk around and nike realizes that - it's why the colorways are incredible while the regular peg trail 3 colorways are the complete opposite.

I wear the Peg GTX for trail runs. I do reserve it for less technical terrain as it’s not the grippiest outsole. But fine for crushed gravel trails, dirt, and the occasional mild muddy camber climb in my area. Definitely has kept my feet dryer than if I were to have worn a non-GTX shoe. Tested for up to 2 hour runs in pretty heavy rains. With that said the shield 37 is pretty crap as far as water resistance.

I also wear the Peg 36 trail gtx on trail. But since it’s almost exclusively in snow, I wear yaktrax with them so the soles have almost no wear and I don’t deal with their lack of grip much.

sda.jpg

Got the Pegasus 39 in and from the initial try-on I can offer a few thoughts.

For reference I have: the Pegasus 35, 35 Shield, 36, 37 Shield. I've tried the 37 but returned it and I didn't bother with the 38. I tried the 38 on a few weeks ago at a Nike outlet and was really meh on it.

I think that other reviewers have been correct, the Pegasus 39 is a return to the feeling of the pre-37 Pegasus models. The react is definitely softer than the 37 and 38 - but not overly soft - and I can actually feel both the rear and forefoot zoom air units from an initial try-on. I actually hated the 37 even though I really wanted to like it. The Men's version's foam was so hard and the air bag wasn't really that noticable to me that I returned it. I tried the women's version of the 37 and it did feel softer but not enough for me to be into it to keep it when there are so many better daily trainers out there. The 37 Shield felt better oddly enough so I kept it after trying it.

Take what I say about the zoom air units and react with a grain of salt though. I hate the manufacturing differences that naturally happen with NIke products especially with zoom air because even shoes with presumably the same midsole (35 vs. 36 for example) they can feel radically different. The zoom air unit in the 35 felt snappy and responsive and noticable from day 1 but the same one in the 36 was not noticable to me until 100 miles. It was harder for me to get the 36 to 100 miles because they felt like bricks compared my pair of 35's. Even the 37 Shield's midsole felt waaaay better than the 37. And the 35 felt really great but the 35 Shield I have feels like a brick after 200 miles still.

39's delayed in europe and america or something?
Only places they released are in the UK and parts of Asia and the release date was april 28th for US

sda.jpg

Got the Pegasus 39 in and from the initial try-on I can offer a few thoughts.

For reference I have: the Pegasus 35, 35 Shield, 36, 37 Shield. I've tried the 37 but returned it and I didn't bother with the 38. I tried the 38 on a few weeks ago at a Nike outlet and was really meh on it.

I think that other reviewers have been correct, the Pegasus 39 is a return to the feeling of the pre-37 Pegasus models. The react is definitely softer than the 37 and 38 - but not overly soft - and I can actually feel both the rear and forefoot zoom air units from an initial try-on. I actually hated the 37 even though I really wanted to like it. The Men's version's foam was so hard and the air bag wasn't really that noticable to me that I returned it. I tried the women's version of the 37 and it did feel softer but not enough for me to be into it to keep it when there are so many better daily trainers out there. The 37 Shield felt better oddly enough so I kept it after trying it.

Take what I say about the zoom air units and react with a grain of salt though. I hate the manufacturing differences that naturally happen with NIke products especially with zoom air because even shoes with presumably the same midsole (35 vs. 36 for example) they can feel radically different. The zoom air unit in the 35 felt snappy and responsive and noticable from day 1 but the same one in the 36 was not noticable to me until 100 miles. It was harder for me to get the 36 to 100 miles because they felt like bricks compared my pair of 35's. Even the 37 Shield's midsole felt waaaay better than the 37. And the 35 felt really great but the 35 Shield I have feels like a brick after 200 miles still.

More thoughts after my first run: Went on a somewhat easy 3 mile run and the shoe is already imo miles better than the 37 / 38. I've run between 200-300 miles in the 37 Shield and even though I'm a forefoot/midfoot striker, I really missed the feeling of a zoom bag underneath the heel. My issue with the Pegasus 37 has been that the heel was too firm - also felt that was one of the reasons why the Tempo Next% has it's flaws - and the heel air unit kind of solves that issue. The zoom air unit in the forefoot is smaller in volume than the 37/38 yes but sacrificing the volume to have an air unit in the heel is kinda worth it. (I know Nike could obviously put the same air unit that's in the 37/38 in the forefoot of the 39 but they wouldn't lol. I also think that it would maybe make the ride of the shoe really uneven.) The toeoff definitely feels more in line with the toeoff of the 36 (which I think out of the box was more firm compared to the 35). I think that the React in the midosle is only a smidge softer than the React in the 37/38 after my first run - it's still going to be a somewhat balanced ride which is what people want from a Pegasus. I think the 39 should be a go for people who have historically liked previous Pegasus models (36 and prior) and people who like the feeling of zoom air but nothing really special for people willing to try other brands daily trainers or for people who are on the Invincible or Infinity.

I bought a pair of peg 36 off StockX and I was surprised the production date is 03/30/2021. They came from the Netherlands, so maybe they’re pumping them out there as well. The downside is that they fit bigger than the 36 I used to have…. At least a half size bigger.

684C80F1-1C97-42EF-9729-5C712726D60F.jpeg

I’m a sucker for the peg trail line up so will definitely be a purchase, can’t wait for the zegama also

The new Trail 4s and GTXs look good. Are they going to have zoom and react or just react?

I'm getting tired of waiting for Peg 39s. I'm tempted to finally try the Vomero 16s instead for now...

The new Trail 4s and GTXs look good. Are they going to have zoom and react or just react?

I'm getting tired of waiting for Peg 39s. I'm tempted to finally try the Vomero 16s instead for now...
The Peg Trail 4s are full React

Back
Top Bottom