Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

From Mo Farah instagram account. Pegasus Turbo?
20180310_180017.png

I've been a Pegasus wearer for about 5 years now. Training a lot lately in Zoom Fly, Vaporfly for speed/long runs, and now adding Epic React for easy runs. When I switch back to my Pegasus 32s (i'm working through my stock), they feel so dead compared to all of these other shoes. Is this gonna be the end of the line for Pegasus for me? The ZoomX Pegasus Turbo option sounds interesting. A React option would be interesting as well - I'm not a fan of the flyknit upper on the Epic Reacts but the React foam is great. The Pegasus 35s look cool, but if they've got the same old lunarlon, I'm not much interested.

Anyone else have similar sentiments?

I've got a 90'ish minute easy run planned for the morning. Ran it last week in a somewhat new pair of Pegasus 32s and was not having it. Going with the Epic Reacts tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've been a Pegasus wearer for about 5 years now. Training a lot lately in Zoom Fly, Vaporfly for speed/long runs, and now adding Epic React for easy runs. When I switch back to my Pegasus 32s (i'm working through my stock), they feel so dead compared to all of these other shoes. Is this gonna be the end of the line for Pegasus for me? The ZoomX Pegasus Turbo option sounds interesting. A React option would be interesting as well - I'm not a fan of the flyknit upper on the Epic Reacts but the React foam is great. The Pegasus 35s look cool, but if they've got the same old lunarlon, I'm not much interested.

I've got a 90'ish easy run planned for the morning. Ran it last week in a somewhat new pair of Pegasus 32s and was not having it. Going with the Epic Reacts tomorrow.

illustrayt is correct. And for what it's worth, Pegs have never had Lunar.

The Pegasus 33 / 34 should be very different to your 32 since they added zoom to the forefoot. My 33s are still my favorite overall running shoes and my Elite 9 is for shorter runs. I prefer both over the React.

illustrayt is correct. And for what it's worth, Pegs have never had Lunar.

k, cushlon then.

The Pegasus 33 / 34 should be very different to your 32 since they added zoom to the forefoot. My 33s are still my favorite overall running shoes and my Elite 9 is for shorter runs. I prefer both over the React.

Ah, good to know. I've got two new pairs of 33s that I bought at a good price. Maybe I'll bring them into rotation in place of the 32s a bit sooner then.

k, cushlon then.

Ah, good to know. I've got two new pairs of 33s that I bought at a good price. Maybe I'll bring them into rotation in place of the 32s a bit sooner then.

The 33 was a big improvement over the 32 in my opinion. They felt like a much more performance oriented shoe due to the Zoom Air in the forefoot. I thought the 34 were a slight step back as the forefoot zoom air was less apparent in my opinion.

The description for the Zoom Air version of the 35 make it sound like the redesign makes it more speed oriented. I’m looking forward to trying these. I also may pick up the Vapor Street to see how they feel for running.

The 33s are my favorites to run in, by far! Any Pegs preceeding them feel so flat. The Olympic and MJ cws are too dope!

I wonder how Full Length Zoom in the 35s is gonna feel/perform...

Last edited:
33s are the GOAT

The 33 was a big improvement over the 32 in my opinion. They felt like a much more performance oriented shoe due to the Zoom Air in the forefoot.

Sheesh, I guess I touched a nerve here. Like I said, I have two pairs of 33s in the closet and haven't even tried them on yet. Maybe I'll retire these 32s to the casual wear fleet (they're good for that), and break out these 33s. Also good to know about the 34s.

The 33s are my favorites to run in, by far! Any Pegs proceeding them feel so flat. The Olympic and MJ cws are too dope!

32s - Flat!! Totally! I'm just bouncing around in all of these other shoes I've got. I did a 90min easy run on Tuesday morning in my 32s as well, and it was like "slap, slap, slap". The uppers are super comfy but just not as responsive.

Last edited:
k, cushlon then.

The 33 was a big improvement over the 32 in my opinion. They felt like a much more performance oriented shoe due to the Zoom Air in the forefoot. I thought the 34 were a slight step back as the forefoot zoom air was less apparent in my opinion.

The description for the Zoom Air version of the 35 make it sound like the redesign makes it more speed oriented. I’m looking forward to trying these. I also may pick up the Vapor Street to see how they feel for running.

I've got a 90'ish minute easy run planned for the morning. Ran it last week in a somewhat new pair of Pegasus 32s and was not having it. Going with the Epic Reacts tomorrow.

The Pegasus is a great shoe, with it being light, firm, supportive and very reasonable priced. It can do fast stuff, slow stuff and long stuff pretty well.

What you are doing now with using the more expensive models for stuff they are aimed at (Zoomfly = fast stuff, eg...), course the peg is going to feel flat. You clearly train at a level now where you are going to notice the benefits on the more expensive models.

I also used to just use the pegasus for everything. But when I got above 80+ miles per week, I started to rotate between models to stay injury free and I noticed I found the pegs to be flat. I currently have the Vomero 12, Pegasus 34, lunarepic OG and Streak 6 as my training line up. The Vomero is currently my favourite, and I am looking to the pegasus turbo, epic react and Vomero 14 (which is going to use react and also looks damn sexy).

The 33s are my favorites to run in, by far! Any Pegs proceeding them feel so flat. The Olympic and MJ cws are too dope!

When you say Olympic CW, are you talking about the Unlimited one with volt/hyperpunch? If you are, that is funny because those are both of the CW's I own.

I agree with everyone, the 33's are the best Pegasus in the history of the shoe. Having owned multiple Pegs with just the full-length encapsulated Air-Sole unit, switching to the Zoom Air units, made such a difference in the feel and response. I have also loved the extreme durability, they just don't ever die.

When you say Olympic CW, are you talking about the Unlimited one with volt/hyperpunch? If you are, that is funny because those are both of the CW's I own.

I agree with everyone, the 33's are the best Pegasus in the history of the shoe. Having owned multiple Pegs with just the full-length encapsulated Air-Sole unit, switching to the Zoom Air units, made such a difference in the feel and response. I have also loved the extreme durability, they just don't ever die.

Yup, those! I managed to acquire three pairs on the low low (~$30).

I’ve been running in zoom flys and have been hesitant to run with my peg 33s or structure 20s.

After reading the feedback here, I think I’ll rotate them back into the lineup. Will try a shorter run to see if I can tell the difference between the three of them. Should be fun

The 33s are my favorites to run in, by far! Any Pegs preceeding them feel so flat. The Olympic and MJ cws are too dope!

I wonder if the Structure 22s could possibly be moving to full length zoom as well? I don't think we've seen any pics of those yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom