Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

1642965340390.jpeg

Have many pairs of Peg Trails. Loved them in the fall. Picked up the Gore-Tex to walk the dog - and I am shocked at how terrible the traction is on wet and ice. I mean the most minimal amounts and it’s like I’m on skates. Mind you I live just outside of Toronto and it’s -20 C as I type. Sending these back and trying my luck with Peg Shield 38s.

I use them to run this random trail in the reserve by my house. I live in North San Diego County so we don’t get much mud or any snow…

Have many pairs of Peg Trails. Loved them in the fall. Picked up the Gore-Tex to walk the dog - and I am shocked at how terrible the traction is on wet and ice. I mean the most minimal amounts and it’s like I’m on skates. Mind you I live just outside of Toronto and it’s -20 C as I type. Sending these back and trying my luck with Peg Shield 38s.

Felt the same way. when I got the peg trail 1 gtx a few years ago. The Peg Trail Gore-Tex's major problem is that for some dumb reason even though the upper has gore-tex, the traction has not been changed to be wet rubber traction, or at least traction that does slightly better on wet conditions.

Felt the same way. when I got the peg trail 1 gtx a few years ago. The Peg Trail Gore-Tex's major problem is that for some dumb reason even though the upper has gore-tex, the traction has not been changed to be wet rubber traction, or at least traction that does slightly better on wet conditions.
This has been the major downfall of Nike's trail running shoes ever since Nike entered this category with the first Terra Kiger and Wildhorse. Everything is great with their trail shoes, except for the wet traction capability. Reviewers all say that Nike needs to swallow their pride and partner with Vibram to create a capable wet traction outsole. I have no idea why they don't, they have to know through feedback that people are disappointed with that aspect of their trail shoes and is the only thing holding them back from being a true five star shoe.

This has been the major downfall of Nike's trail running shoes ever since Nike entered this category with the first Terra Kiger and Wildhorse. Everything is great with their trail shoes, except for the wet traction capability. Reviewers all say that Nike needs to swallow their pride and partner with Vibram to create a capable wet traction outsole. I have no idea why they don't, they have to know through feedback that people are disappointed with that aspect of their trail shoes and is the only thing holding them back from being a true five star shoe.
I mean even without the partnership they sell a hot load of them… so I mean why fix it if it ain’t broken type of thing

^, it would just be nice of Nike for once to acknowledge a problem with one of their shoes and fix it. I know profits over anything goes but with all the negative feedback on a very major part of the shoes, the outsole, it would be good to get a great wet-traction outsole since all the rest of the aspects of the shoes are amazing.

^, it would just be nice of Nike for once to acknowledge a problem with one of their shoes and fix it. I know profits over anything goes but with all the negative feedback on a very major part of the shoes, the outsole, it would be good to get a great wet-traction outsole since all the rest of the aspects of the shoes are amazing.
Yeah the way it gets fixed is the shoes sit and then they try to fix it all.

Just got the Peg 38 Shield in - took the pup for a 5 km walk - traction on ice was impressive - warmer than my GTX (?) - but man these have some serious old man vibes. I guess I’m an old man 😂

Attachments

• 132CA877-40E0-449B-B3AD-3E3AE19A0584.jpeg
    132CA877-40E0-449B-B3AD-3E3AE19A0584.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 120
  • B2877D4C-A33C-4149-8F7E-B189BB555C86.jpeg
    B2877D4C-A33C-4149-8F7E-B189BB555C86.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom