Nike Air Raid Retro?!?! please

WoodRaid.jpg
WoodRaid2.jpg
WoodRaid3.jpg
WoodRaid4.jpg

Air Raid adjacent news

"While known for all his Air Jordans and Air Maxes, Tinker Hatfield has also made a huge impact in basketball and tennis models – which includes this new Zoom Court Dragon silhouette.

Reminiscent of the Air Raid basketball shoe with its cross-straps, this Nike Zoom Court Dragon is heavily influenced by the 90s. Other details includes safari-like textured overlays while most of the shoe is dressed in Black paired with Red contrasting accents. A jagged lateral midsole with Zoom cushioning with Tinker Hatfield’s signature on the tongues completes the design."

"UPDATE 4/12: This pair is currently a sample, and a release date has yet to be announced."

Nike Zoom Court Dragon Black Red DV8166-001 Release Date

I would kill for a pair of Peace Raid IIs! Those are truly one of my grails. My grandma got me the white/black pair a week before they dropped and got mad props on them in 3rd grade

Not saying he is or isn’t, it’s just for discussion.

He’s clearly a legend when it comes to the shoe thing, that’s without a doubt.

Lil disclaimer before you cats E-jump me for asking a question lol

Your answer didn't provide anything that scrolling past it couldn't provide.

I asked you to give me more, and you stick your nose out at me :smh:

I don't follow Tinker like that. As I mentioned, I know he's a legend in this shoe thing, but outside of what he's done early for Nike and Jordan, what has he done lately? Serious question.

He's literally the ONLY athletic shoe designer I ever hear about.

Relax.

Your answer didn't provide anything that scrolling past it couldn't provide.

I asked you to give me more, and you stick your nose out at me :smh:

I don't follow Tinker like that. As I mentioned, I know he's a legend in this shoe thing, but outside of what he's done early for Nike and Jordan, what has he done lately? Serious question.

He's literally the ONLY athletic shoe designer I ever hear about.

Relax.
Dude, I’m totally calm. I’m not one of these dudes who likes to argue on the internet. Plus,I didn’t want to get too off topic by posting every shoe he has ever designed, because this is the Air Raid thread. Just do a little research on his designs and you will see he is in no way “overrated “. I’ll leave it at that.

Respect.

I tried to find some of his most recent work, but not much after the Jordan 30.

I will give you that. He certainly hasn’t done much lately. Other dudes could tell me I’m wrong though.

Those reimagined air raids certainly ain’t it. 😂

His overall body of work makes him arguably the GOAT of athletic-shoe design.There isn't a designer in the world who, no matter how great they are and what they design, hasn't made some clunkers. However, it's difficult not to get the impression he really hasn't come up with anything outstanding in the past however many years. In fairness, I don't know what his true role has been during the past decade or so. Seems like he has more of an oversight and special/big projects position these days, and it doesn't seem like he sits around for hours on end just ideating and sketching specific shoe designs and aesthetics. He very well could be one of the minds behind a lot of Nike's modern innovations in materials and tech and construction, but not the one who designs much of the look anymore.

In other words, he's not even slightly overrated in terms of his career contributions. But if we're talking about right now, he also seems far less significant than he once was, at least based on what we can actually see. He's gonna be 70 in a couple weeks, though, and probably somewhat retired. I don't picture that dude putting in 50+-hour work weeks these days ...

I asked because Tinker is the only athletic sneaker designer I ever hear about but all his stuff is from when I was a kid mostly.

Tellin me nobody else get no shine?

And if that’s the case, what has he done lately?

If these raid dragons, or whatever they are called, are what he’s been cookin up, those ain’t it.

Back
Top Bottom