Nike Air Raid Retro?!?! please

Finally decided to pull the trigger on Urban Jungle pair at NDC-JP when I became aware they are less than $80 (more than 50% off from its retail) until 30th. Might consider getting Angelus coz I like what fdub has done...

Last edited:
Here's a picture I downloaded in 2009, I THINK it's an OG sweater.

18ljc7.jpg
Woah, I had forgot I still have it!

Yes those are indeed OG sweaters as you can see by the gray tag 👍

IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG

Trying to decide if I want a pair of Urban Jungle 1s or the Tinker 8s. Really disappointed they haven’t released the original Urban Jungle IIs. The pattern on the side of the Tinkers remind me of the GS Urban Jungle IIs, plus no grey. The grey on the 1s isn’t horrible, but.......why? Why drop 1s a second time around? Just feel I’ll be disappointed with the 1s in hand.

I hope as well they will eventually release the AR II's jungle as these have been long overdue now.

They were great to ball in outdoors or for just wearing casually. Back then I had the Jordan VIII as well and I remember switching back and forth between the two on a daily basis as a teenager and from I can remember, they were rather comfy.

Back to your question, I honestly believe you won't be disappointed with the AR though. Pics don't do those shoes justice. The Air Raids have always looked way better in person and even better on foot IMO.

I've had the OG AR Duke, OG AR II jungle(still do in fact) and a few pairs of different retro runs since then. While I feel the retros midsole feel stiffer than the originals like many other retros do, they're still my #1 choice for ballin' outdoors and I go through a pair of shoes' outsoles in a matter of about a year or two now. From what I can remember, the OG's outsoles used to be more durable than the 2014 retros and time will tell how 2020-21 retros compare in that aspect.

I hope they keep'em coming for years no matter the colorway or wear rate.

Last edited:
What? You have a problem with all the sales? There's tons of sales! Just because every actual shoe is excluded until there are 2 size 6s left a year after they release doesn't mean there's no sales? Buy some cleats! Maybe some slides
:lol:
Crazy thing is I can't even get the GOLF CLEATS on sale. When I saw the 5s releasing I was thinking I could sole swap them, then they sold out in my area.

^ Copped both Black/Grey & Urban Jungle at around $80 and will consider copping those white/gum only if they are discounted further (probably, $50)....
I’m in Japan, so I don’t even know whether they’ll be releasing here or not tho. As far as I know, Nike-JP never released those White/Red/Black....

^ Copped both Black/Grey & Urban Jungle at around $80 and will consider copping those white/gum only if they are discounted further (probably, $50)....
I’m in Japan, so I don’t even know whether they’ll be releasing here or not tho. As far as I know, Nike-JP never released those White/Red/Black....
Do you ship? :lol: I'll pay a little extra.

here are my last 3 pairs that got killed in action in the last 3 years along with the 1992 OG's that were used for countless dunk sessions back in the day, as you can see by the worn out toe... of course I had to keep those!

2004 were kept DS until 2016, wanted to use'em before it was too late, must have used them about half a dozen times tops because life happened. Outsole started to come unglued during 2019 summer after only 3-4 wears. Reglued them, midsole started to crack after the very next session: heartbraker!

The two 2014 retros' soles pictured here got worn out through to the insoles playing outdoors during the pandemic in the last year and a half. I don't think I can extract anything more out of those at this point! Sucks because the uppers held up perfectly and except for a little dirt, the uppers still look almost like new.
Oh well, at least I got to use these to death before time got the best of 'em like with the 2004 😜

...and most importantly they're the best life savers for all of my J's when I play outdoors!!!!

IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1548.JPG
IMG_1546.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom