Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

Ha exactly, that pump-fake by Nike worked like a charm on me. Paid full retail for my first pair, think around 85 shipped for a backup pair (sale + promo).

Oldest trick in the book and Nike faked me out of my shorts.

The b/w are currently 69, if blue toes get there I’ll likely scoop

I saw them at Nike outlet for 109.99 and im waiting for a discount. The black and white cw is nice also. If the neo teals fit my feet better I probably would've bought on sight but neither half down or tts felt right.
1/2 size down from my regular Air Max size.

These have some extra room in the toe. Tried on my normal Air Max size and the mesh toe was all saggy

^True. Can go half-size down on these. Need to check the local outlet soon in hopes to find an 11.5.

Local outlets had infrareds, b/w and blue toes in abundance. wild when compared to the 2008 infrared release

D90F7DC0-414B-416D-81CC-C12552F7BAC8.jpeg
Where?

Semi Triax related but pulled these out the stash for a quick 7-11 run and just realized they retroed damn near 17-18 years ago. And they're still holding up great, these where part of a pack so maybe Nike used premium materials on them but. I Am dumbfounded cuz they ripped during a time Nike pt out a lot of bad quality air maxes main culprit being paint chipping
20221208_013237.jpg

$66.50 in cart... only 1 size 11.5 left

^thanks for sharing, my size but unfortunately missed it.

But headed to the outlets and scooped the last 11.5 they had, 99$ with 30% off. Not great, not terrible (like 3.6 roentgen). So operation convert-toe-to-suede will commence shortly, once I gather some materials (and apparently I’m supposed to spend time with friend and fam for new years…)

F8595A4F-9199-4B57-9CBD-877D13F7AAEE.jpeg

Someone showed a YouTube tutorial of using sand paper to convert the leather to suede. Came out nice imo, would try if I had a pair.

FSR of the neo teals at my outlet for $99.99 plus another 30% off so $69.99. If I could get them for $50 or under might get another pair for a triple lol

Update on mission: suede toe

The leather/pleather used on these is kinda weird, initial attempt to sand the leather into suede (220 and 400 grit) didn’t seem to work very well. Used the same technique on a pair of beaters and those turned into a pretty nice and consistent suede/nubuck texture.

So might have to abort the mission and just rock the blue toes in all their leather glory. But still might play around with em

They’re still pretty cool, just not as cool as they could be…

11D7C110-65E6-44C9-AFAB-33AFB25B5C66.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom