Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

C025EF89-42F6-481A-A245-F67C8B25ED44.jpeg
Need these again.

Are the Midnight Navy/University Red/White still on track for June 27 release day? Mids, not lows.

Last edited:
Sock game on-point.
No joke. First thing I noticed. I always wanted the McEnroe era Nike air swoosh socks. I spent decades looking for Nike socks with more than just a swoosh. Now I see them all over online. When did this trend kick back up? I guess they're just Nike essential socks.

Speaking of the viotechs. Other than maybe the perforated leather hole spacing, I can't find a single thing wrong with that retro. Color looks perfect. It's one of the hardest shoes to replicate with it's two shades of purple, proper yellow, and the dark grey and dark Navy. They even got the tongue tag correct in color, Font, And text. The tongue itself looks like the right type of soft mesh too.

I'm jealous. The medicine ball trainers have had three retros now since 2000 and they have all been wrong with a number of key changes. Colors have been off. Tongue material and it's tag

a571504a66c9c2ba7bdd0e8b0d0e8417ccaf25d.jpg

No offense to the viotechs, but how are they getting that one right after 20 years and they still can't get the medicine balls correct. I don't want to hype the viotechs up too much but damn, they're spot on.

Here's one small example
44A8EBC8-1DCD-4D54-B39D-218E15EE3F4F.jpeg
2E7F7F31-1BF6-42C8-8044-6750F3F54553.jpeg

Nike cutting corners on the med balls. White pods. Why not.
They also used white ink for the TM. LOL

The viotechs have yellow pods on their retro. No stone unturned for some non essential retro. They hit it out of the park. Again, I'm jealous. Attention to detail on the viotechs may place it as a top retro in the past 18 years.

wallyhopp wallyhopp “nonessential retro”?! I love you brother but I’m all the way on the “essential” side of this equation lol

the only logical answer for most of the corner-cutting they do is $$. Material changes, they may have a valid argument for since so many things have changed since original release. But it’s not hard to nail small details like color choice and placement.

johngotty johngotty I'm too caught up in this covid terminology world lol.
I'm just saying. You go no stone unturned on the three OGS flat out, then give this one proper treatment after the old heads have had their turn. The three OGs are first tier. Then these along with maybe the Celtics/Knicks/ black-white-columbia blue/Mardi gras. In my book, the three originals are essential. The rest need to wait.

The proper cotton mesh tongue, ala 2012 at1 chrlophylls is the main kicker. I hadn't seen that on a proper at3 retro in years. Maybe they are undoing years of wrongs and I should appreciate it.

In at1 terms, this would be like Nike absolutely nailing the sb1 retro in 2021, and still not able to get a proper chlorophyll. Or even them nailing the first safaris which came out in 2001.

The vastly harder to create c/ws get the special attention but not the ogs. I simply don't get it. I'll stop ranting for the weekend.

wallyhopp wallyhopp i'm just teasing you a bit lol. you know we're on the same side. again, i think it's all about cost-saving measures and the notion we'll buy whatever they give us. The latter is only partially true b/c I've skipped a few recent releases at retail and waited to grab several of them well below retail via the secondary market.

you may be able to get them for a reasonable price

I was able to get my pair below retail within the past 6 months on ebay...size 9.5

Maybe they decided to not paint the pods blue b/c they wear off very quickly and look like crap anyway until they turn all white. But, yeah, definitely look lame out of the box. Were the medicine balls really that much more popular than the other OGs? At that time I only wanted the Navy and thought the medicines look so stupid; now I have the '09 and '14 versions....heh. At that time I got the TWs as the Navy's were out of stock in my size.

Back
Top Bottom