Nike Air Trainer Huarache - OG colorway returns! 2011

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

CITYSOLE.COM has a FSR on THESE

GO COP people!! Thank me laters!
32f15fe6778308930c07f988f604686170cc6a9.jpg

was gonna pull the trigger on the size 10's on eastbay this morning but something told me to hit up the mall. Walked out with two pairs. Im done with huaraches for now untill they retro the huarache LE.

im still waitin on my grey pair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn eastbay is getting me tiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!

Eastbay has FSR again for those that missed out on eastbay and want to use a coupon code.

Originally Posted by ptngina

Eastbay has FSR again for those that missed out on eastbay and want to use a coupon code.
That's why I love NT. Members helping others out, reciprocating the love.

Second pair locked. Thanks.

Have these hit any Footlocker retail locations in Manhattan?
34th flagship did not have these yesterday.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

eastbay rep, do these possibly have the same description error as the air trainer max 91 retros from last year? It was stated in the description to have heel only air, but when we received them, they had forefoot air too (at least it felt that way. There is actual conflict among people who think air is there and others that dont feel it. It's just a highly questionable grey area for Nike, imho). The same looks to be occurring here possibly. The OGs had full length air. The description now on eastbay states these have heel only air.

Am I missing something? The catalog scan of these mention them to have heel air and ZOOM AIR in the forefoot..
http://images.yuku.com/im...f97bc9b7c9eef7bd9b79.jpg
Which is a very good deal. It would be among one of the better cushioned cross trainers new or old to be released. With that price point of $100, $25 dollars cheaper than the originals, I have to question what we might be getting as a final product.

Without having actual visible air like griffeys or nomo retros, we tend not to really know what we are getting... Anyone who owned the 2001 retros, could you feel the air throughout the entire midsole?
My contact checked directly with Nike and they said there is no additional cushioning in the forefoot besides the CMEVA midsole. 

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by retrojays323

Everybody who's a sz 10 did you guys go a sz up bought a 10.5

no, i wear a 10 and i got wide feet. i bought a 10 and they fit perfect!

Thanks bro, now I relax and wait on my pair to arrive.

Can someone care to elaborate on the quality/cushioning that is CMEVA?

I did some googlaging but only found answers to the acronym... not a synopsis
of the material itself.

What are the benefits? Downsides?

Just curious - i'm assuming it may be better because there's no air to pop or
zoom to bottom out.

Right?

got mine from eastbay today FINALLY I ONLY ORDERED THEN A MONTH ago!!!

anyways Not sure if i like the toebox on these, it get's like a weird wrinkle in it when bent. Gonna take compairson pic of these compaired to the 01's here in a lil. hopefully have them up by later tnght!!

anyone else notice the toe box being wonkey??

ekhunter1..i got two pairs and one of mines is straight and the pair that is deadstock looks like the toebox is a little janky lol.

Originally Posted by KidCloudKicker

Originally Posted by JAY21985

@ KidCloudKicker Champs, threw it in with the purchase bro.

Thanks bro. I've searching high n low online for that shirt. Lemme know if u head back n I'll paypal you the money for the shirt n a small finders fee if youre interested.

thanks
Just stop by your closest Champs and tell them you'd like to order a shirt & you already have the sku - 15-66296-800.  Straight to your door, $20 + $2.00 shipping and state tax.

Originally Posted by BinYe

Can someone care to elaborate on the quality/cushioning that is CMEVA?

I did some googlaging but only found answers to the acronym... not a synopsis
of the material itself.

What are the benefits? Downsides?

Just curious - i'm assuming it may be better because there's no air to pop or
zoom to bottom out.

Right?
Do a NT search for CMEVA. Decent discusssion talking about what it is and how it compares to other stuff. Lots of other brands tend to use it too. It doesn't appear to be used in the upper echelon Nike shoes. I believe it's just a fancy term for "foam". They went straight foam on us.

I think you have your last statement reversed. I would rather have anything with air plus the surrounding foam, than just FOAM alone. It's a dual system where if the air begins to bottom out, you still have foam. Or if the foam around the air feels bad, you still have the airbags. It's common knowledge that in the late 80s and early to mid 90s you had signature shoes, much like these trainer huaraches were, that had full length encapsulated air. Just air all over. Now a days you are basically getting a second or third tier nike cushioning product out of this $100 retro. Even performance shoes by Nike are lacking in forefoot air or full length air. They tell us that it's so the midsole can be more flexible but really, they are just being extremely cheap.. We are getting what would be a $80 dollar 3rd tier product in 1992, passed on to us as a "lifestyle" sportswear release for $100. If I can, i'm waiting out until they drop to at least $70 bucks

not a fan of that furry material..i know its OG inspired but that gonna be a pain in da %$+ to clean..imma just lamp with my 2001 pair.

Thanks for the edumucation.

LE: Lifestyle Edition.

Aka: Meant to be worn in double decker buses, rival schools, dog flea markets, scary movie dates, mcdonalds baby diaper stations and...

pee wee's placehouse.

*flies away in bicyle while eating a mcflurry with cheese*

nike is really starting to crap out and drop the ball on us. and we will just sit here and take it!

Originally Posted by DJKOOPKNOCK

was gonna pull the trigger on the size 10's on eastbay this morning but something told me to hit up the mall. Walked out with two pairs. Im done with huaraches for now untill they retro the huarache LE.

Are the straps really tight on these? I've never owned a pair of Air Trainer Huarache's, but I've got the Zoom Huarache TR Mids and the strap is tight on them.

The strap on the recent Diamond Turf retro is perfect IMO. I could make them really tight or wear them looser without the velcro underneath being exposed or the strap looking way out of alignment.

Originally Posted by BinYe

*flies away in bicyle while eating a mcflurry with cheese*

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom