Nike Air Trainer Huarache - OG colorway returns! 2011

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

^^well with that being said look like ima skip these and get the pennys this weekend
but im still gonna get these its just now "i can wait" might catch em out for $50 later
Honestly, in this day and age of Nike flooding the market with SO MANY dope retros, I can't understand why anyone would buy these at full retail.  
I'll admit that I'm not balling, so saving $ wherever I can is my main objective, but still...all these retros do is sit and sit.  With the economy the way it is and gas prices going through the damn roof, I expect stuff to sit even longer now.  If you can, just have a little patience and 9 times out of 10 you'll save some loot.  Damn I sound like an old, frugal man lol.  
they're only 100 dollars...i dont expect these to last too long.
True.  All depends where you live though.  I guess I get lucky b/c J's fly off shelves here and that's it.  

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

charmcitykid, what do you mean grey on the heal?? they all had grey on the heal!
For nine months now since the first post here, you can see in that photo that we had a black heel midsole, black heel tab, and that synthetic leather we've come to terms with on almost every shoe that out there. Even eastbay's photos show them in that same state. Everyone was aware that this retro would be a little different. No biggie in the scheme of things...

But just as of yesterday, they've turned the tables on us. They' went back to 2001 retro status with the grey midsole and grey tab, and then LEAP frogged over them with what's best described as that ashy type of grey suede.

I am stunned
eek.gif
Must haves within the next two weeks
pimp.gif

Did some new guy join Nike Retro and reinforced the correct way this shoe should be made?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

charmcitykid, what do you mean grey on the heal?? they all had grey on the heal!
For nine months now since the first post here, you can see in that photo that we had a black heel midsole, black heel tab, and that synthetic leather we've come to terms with on almost every shoe that out there. Even eastbay's photos show them in that same state. Everyone was aware that this retro would be a little different. No biggie in the scheme of things...

But just as of yesterday, they've turned the tables on us. They' went back to 2001 retro status with the grey midsole and grey tab, and then LEAP frogged over them with what's best described as that ashy type of grey suede.

I am stunned
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Did some new guy join Nike Retro and reinforced the correct way this shoe should be made?

Wait until you see them in person
laugh.gif

And the gray on the heal isn't a different darker gray like it's supposed to be.

I understand nit picking (or outright complaining) when needed.  I've b'ched about the Bo Jacksons so much, but I think that is more than justified.

But these on the other hand, psht.  Whining about nothing IMO.

[Bubba voice] "TAKEN!"

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I understand nit picking (or outright complaining) when needed.  I've b'ched about the Bo Jacksons so much, but I think that is more than justified.

But these on the other hand, psht.  Whining about nothing IMO.

[Bubba voice] "TAKEN!"

They're cheaply made and it doesn't do them justice.

It's not nitpicking. It's disgraceful the way these turned out. Especially when Nike can do retros correctly like with the Griffey's and Carnivores. The same thing was done with the Air Trainer Max, and dudes overlooked it, but they still ended up in outlets. If they're going to be half assed, they might as well not have retroed them.

I'm also someone who has the OG's, and 01's so I know how they're supposed to be.

^
I got no beef with anything you said, at all.

But, what you wrote, compared to what we enjoyed in our childhood (or initial release) -- quite frankly -- can be said about every retro coming from Nike these days.

Thus, my "bar" is the most recent Bo Jackson SC trainers.  Which, you can't spray and wipe without the "leather" rubbing off.

Sue me, but I've been beating to that point. 
laugh.gif

Ive been saying all along with these retros that it gives people a chance to buy a pair of shoes they had when they were a kid or never had when they were a kid 'cause they couldn't afford it.

Yes, quality is not par with the OG or what not but thats why these are retros and not OGs. I had the OGs when I was like in the 8th grade and had the 2001 retro. I was just glad that Nike retroed these in 2001. I could careless how they compared to the OG ones. Well, the 2001 retro I have is worn out and finding another 2001 retro is hard. So this release, I welcome with open arms even if its not the same as the 2001. Some people just like the shoes and are not too picky as far as it being 99% the same as the OG or previous retro.

Im not a hardcore training shoe guru. I just like shoes period. Im not into performance of every shoe 'cause there are always a better shoe that perform well for training, running, etc. At the end of the day, its our money and if you want to buy it, buy it. If not, move on to another retro or what not. 

But we just beating the same ole story about retro quality or what not.

Not hating on anybodies post. Just giving my Opinion.

Originally Posted by FDUB

Originally Posted by Qujamerican

Originally Posted by FDUB

I got my pair today at footaction.. I didn't even know they came out today until I saw them and I just copped them on sight.. Very comfy shoe. The girl at footaction at the BLVD in Largo, Maryland told me that they came out today and I was the first person to get them..

10pt4c4.jpg

hey can u post more pics?
   did u see the other colors at footaction?

I took this pic from my cell phone, so I don't have any other pics at the moment. This was the only colorway I saw on display at footaction this afternoon. I will say that the gray suede on the toe box is that ashy type suede instead of the nubuck on the 2001 retro's.. Other then that, They are some pretty dope shoes.. They are so comfortable.. 

hey Thanx 4 the info, hmmm I wonder if the other 2 colors are either different store exclusive or internet exclusive....?

My question to the "panel" is...

How the hell did you buy 2001s when they are [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]drastically [/color]different than the OG?

Just asking, because my o.g. is more of a "blue" gray soft suede upper, while my 01s are a dark gray nubuck, while these on my feet right now it like, er, between the two color wise, but the soft suede upper like the OG...
laugh.gif

Just asking... Niketalk'in.

Cause, my o.g. and 2001s are unwearable.  I don't invest in trophies.

And unlike the most recent orange and blue Bos, these I can live with for 40% off MSRP and be happy... 

Sorry if some don't feel my joy.

Can somebody post comparison pics of the Huarache's (og, 2001 and 2011 if possible?)

I want to see what everybody is talmbout.

I've had the og's and 01's... but i never cared to scrutinze shoes NT protocol style until
recently. : P

I think they're all good like burger.

Really can't let this release pass me by, had the black/silver instead and always wanted these.

Can't beat the comfort, I can deal with subpar quality ( there's nothing new about that ) as long as the fit is still there.

I don't see how anyone can complain about these and trying to compare it to the OGs and 2001 retros. It's already been a DECADE now since the 2001 retros, so how can anyone seriously expect these to be exactly the same. Just be happy that Nike has put these back out and enjoy the shoes.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I am stunned
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Okay, i see what the hooplah is all about the subtle discrepancy with the color blocking...

Didn't really pay much attention to it because it's been a damn 2 decades since i had the og's
and i returned the 2001's cuz i was an idiot.

But after having conducted some research via google, the 1992 and 2001's have the grey ankle
tab and grey heel sole.

The early pre-release 2011 did not possess those traits but now i'm glad they did a 180 (even
without much chagrin, cuz i didn't see this).

I'm actually surprised at the outcome. Now if they could continue this clean streak with rightly
done retroes... we could be onto something BIG. Tom Hanks.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

My question to the "panel" is...

How the hell did you buy 2001s when they are [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]drastically [/color]different than the OG?

Just asking, because my o.g. is more of a "blue" gray soft suede upper, while my 01s are a dark gray nubuck, while these on my feet right now it like, er, between the two color wise, but the soft suede upper like the OG...
laugh.gif

Just asking... Niketalk'in.

Cause, my o.g. and 2001s are unwearable.  I don't invest in trophies.

And unlike the most recent orange and blue Bos, these I can live with for 40% off MSRP and be happy... 

Sorry if some don't feel my joy.

One, I can still wear my 2001's.

Two, the 2001's are far superior to these.

The colors are off on both, but that not the problem. It's the overall quality, from the nappy cheap suede to the shiny glossy black painted on midsole. Also do you have groves in the back?

ok, so i just got back from fa and wouldn't u know it, i copped. i understand now what magic was saying b/c i must admit when i 1st saw them on the shelf they looked dirty and dingy. they just got em in yesterday so it ain't b/c they were displays. the suede does look hella ashy, but i'm good with that cause they are more true to the OGs in that regard. honestly, i was kinda appalled UNTIL i tried em on and it as a wrap fro there. was about to cop 2 pairs, but didn't... BUT i will def. grab at least another pair.

i went to the fa in lakeforest mall, which might possibly be THE smallest fa i've seen. my bedroom is literally bigger. anyway, they had 24 pairs total. if these are anything like the '01s there won't be any restocks and these will dry up quick. once they're gone they'll be indeed gone (again, that's if they turn out anything like the '01 release).

all that said, i'm happy. hopefully i can grab several pairs so i never have to go without these again.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I am surprised by your comments Magic1978. For the first time in awhile, they appear (keyword appear) closer to the OGs than ever before. The "synthetic" suede or nubuck (the napless material on the entire upper of the 2001) is nothing to write home about. But you are saying the nappy suede makes the shoe worse? I can agree with cheap paint on midsoles and the other things like glue stains.. Funny story about the "paint" on trainer midsoles. These appear very similar to the trainer max 91 heel midsole. My grey/yellow 2005 retros had some dirt on the midsole. I take some water, put it on a napkin, and start lightly rubbing. Yellow paint starts to come off.

I guess I'll wait for high res. comparison shots or impressions. One photo threw me into a frenzy (a POSITIVE) yet it may all be for nothing?

MY BIGGEST COMPLAIN ABOUT THESE IS THAT THE BLACK SUEDE UPPER IS EXACTLY THAT OF THE HORRID RE-RETRO VARSITY RED JORDAN VI'S. I NEVER HELD OG'S TO KNOW IF THE GREY FURRY SUEDE THEY USED IS CLOSE TO THE OG..THAT KIND OF THREW ME OFF TOO. BUT THEY DO FEEL CHEAP. I WILL BUY A PAIR..JUST NOT ANYTIME SOON.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

i went to the fa in lakeforest mall, which might possibly be THE smallest fa i've seen. my bedroom is literally bigger.

Man you sound like you reading Ebony magazine.

You ain't know? 
laugh.gif

Yeah, 24 pair is the golden number at FAs right now.  Hit the road, got there when gates opened, copped two, hooked manager up, came back.

I walked out the store with mine on.  Straight "just came home" style. 
laugh.gif

Hopefully these will hit footlockers and be produced with great numbers so I can stack 4-5 pair (literally) so I can have these for next 10 years.

Retro+ colors are outlet bound though.  They could have done so much with the color schemes and materials (like kept it simple), and didn't.  
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom