Nike Air Trainer Max 91 PICS (sneakernews)

Wally, I was talking about the previous retro of the black/white. I have those and the carolina ones. I wonder if the heel only thing is new or something they've been doing.

Wally, I was talking about the previous retro of the black/white. I have those and the carolina ones. I wonder if the heel only thing is new or something they've been doing.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

^Eastbayrep, thanks for the potential confirmation.. I was just excited to finally see it in writing. An "EXPOSED" state of shock if you will. For years you can guess and question about what a shoe may or may not have because many times, it's never revealed.. But the cats out of the bag on this one
-----------------
Magic1978, That little quoted highlight about HEEL only air came from the eastbay description of the black/whites.

No problem.  I got word back from my contact and after inspecting one of these shoes at our warehouse he has confirmed that the air unit is only in the heel as described.

EastbayRep - Ryan

^Eastbayrep, thanks for the potential confirmation.. I was just excited to finally see it in writing. An "EXPOSED" state of shock if you will. For years you can guess and question about what a shoe may or may not have because many times, it's never revealed.. But the cats out of the bag on this one
-----------------
Magic1978, That little quoted highlight about HEEL only air came from the eastbay description of the black/whites.

No problem.  I got word back from my contact and after inspecting one of these shoes at our warehouse he has confirmed that the air unit is only in the heel as described.

EastbayRep - Ryan

Eventually people have to start taking a stand. Company's need to maximize profit but where does it stop? Then shoes hit the sales rack and they don't get retro'd again. The tech challenge III was a prime example of that. They didn't flop because that shoe wasn't a dope shoe, it flopped because they did one of the worst job's I've seen on a retro to date.

Eventually people have to start taking a stand. Company's need to maximize profit but where does it stop? Then shoes hit the sales rack and they don't get retro'd again. The tech challenge III was a prime example of that. They didn't flop because that shoe wasn't a dope shoe, it flopped because they did one of the worst job's I've seen on a retro to date.

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

-----------------

EastbayRep - Ryan
Thanks for going through all of that for the confirmation.
pimp.gif

I personally find it very hard to even tell if air is in some retro shoes. Maybe thats the sign that nothing is there? One usually needs to take out the insole, then feel around for anything unnatural. I just took out the insoles of the 04 trainer max retro and I'm feeling around. It feels like a full length airbag. You feel those abnormalities and think it's an air bag.. Some retros are smooth all the way through with the foam surrounding the airsole, so those are tougher to even tell.

SO if it's that hard to distinguish between air and no air on many models, it only makes sense for Nike to go that route.

-----------------

EastbayRep - Ryan
pimp.gif

I personally find it very hard to even tell if air is in some retro shoes. Maybe thats the sign that nothing is there? One usually needs to take out the insole, then feel around for anything unnatural. I just took out the insoles of the 04 trainer max retro and I'm feeling around. It feels like a full length airbag. You feel those abnormalities and think it's an air bag.. Some retros are smooth all the way through with the foam surrounding the airsole, so those are tougher to even tell.

SO if it's that hard to distinguish between air and no air on many models, it only makes sense for Nike to go that route.

-----------------

EastbayRep - Ryan
pimp.gif

Yea the eastbay rep on here is always on point going above and beyond.  
pimp.gif

-----------------

EastbayRep - Ryan
pimp.gif

Yea the eastbay rep on here is always on point going above and beyond.  
pimp.gif

-----------------

EastbayRep - Ryan
pimp.gif

Thank God I got on this thread.  I absolutely love my 04s.  I was considering getting a pair of 10s to actually wear to lift...that would have been an epic fail without all of the input from people here (i.e. Wally).  Thanks for continuing to care about the community even though Nike may not.

-----------------

EastbayRep - Ryan
pimp.gif

Thank God I got on this thread.  I absolutely love my 04s.  I was considering getting a pair of 10s to actually wear to lift...that would have been an epic fail without all of the input from people here (i.e. Wally).  Thanks for continuing to care about the community even though Nike may not.

These actually sold out pretty quick around my way. Only one store in town had them and they only had two or three pairs left. I had to cop them though, once you peep them in person it's kind of hard to pass.

These actually sold out pretty quick around my way. Only one store in town had them and they only had two or three pairs left. I had to cop them though, once you peep them in person it's kind of hard to pass.

Got my pair from eastbay yesterday. Only complaint, the velcro on the straps don't look to be sewn on too well and eastbay shipping the shoe in that damn plastic bag again..haha

Got my pair from eastbay yesterday. Only complaint, the velcro on the straps don't look to be sewn on too well and eastbay shipping the shoe in that damn plastic bag again..haha

Look good, only thing that bothers me about all these retro's of recent is that Nike makes all of them OD narrow and it forces you to go a half size up. That half size usually gives you good room on the sides but to much room in the toe area, eh I'll be picking these up soon its hard to pass on OG colorways of great shoes like the trainer max 91

Look good, only thing that bothers me about all these retro's of recent is that Nike makes all of them OD narrow and it forces you to go a half size up. That half size usually gives you good room on the sides but to much room in the toe area, eh I'll be picking these up soon its hard to pass on OG colorways of great shoes like the trainer max 91

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Wally they are not quite the same shade as the original's thats a given, however they are noticeably darker than the 04's.  I owned the 04's and they were far to light you can actually see the contrast between the nubuck and the fabric used around the check.  This is the best comparison i could show you since i no longer own the 04's.  One was used with the flash and the other without the flash (just the room lighting).  
Thanks for the comparison pics, Tre!

These are one of my favorite shoes ever.  I need replacements for my 04 retros...

iggnkg.jpg

I remember these creasing like crazy...

Magic1978 wrote:
These are NOT better than the 04's, just like I expected

So if you have the 04's you don't need to get these.
But my dumb %%+# didn't double up so I'll have to snag these...sigh.

I tried to buy those 04's off you but my wallet came up short...
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom