Nike Air Tuned Max retro in 2019?

I had to go with a 13. I’m usually a 12-12.5 but I could only find a 12.5 for stupid resell. A little extra room but not too bad

Big Big thank you to my guy @Bisco42 for the assist. They are so nice... 21 years for this shoe to get some recognition and much need attention. I stared at these all the way home...
20210417_001430.jpg

20210417_001410.jpg

I took a trip to my moms house just to get my 1999 pair which isnt in the best shape to say the least... I was curious to see if anything changed from the 99 to the 2021 pair. Super happy to have these again...

Couple differences:

The lines on tongue are thicker on the newer pair. The spacing on the toe box mesh is more enclosed on older pair.
20210417_001611.jpg

The stitching around the front overlay on the newer pair is single stitched up top then turns to a double stitch around the bottom.... Older pair is single stitched all the way around. Very weird but interesting...
20210417_001450.jpg

The Alpha Project Dots/Swoosh is bigger on the newer pair. The OG is smaller...
20210417_001542.jpg

The OG has more of a oval shaped and is single stitched around the overlay... The newer pair has a tear drop shape with that single/double stitch. Again weird...
20210417_001712.jpg

Detached bottom exposing the polymer chambers in the heel and seperate air chambers in the forefoot.
20210417_001508.jpg

20210417_001529.jpg
Excellent comparison. My pair from 99’ were shredded from hooping and car washes like yours before I threw them away. The OG box went years later and now all I have left is the shirt, which no one remembers. This was and still is the best all around Nike runner, retro and Air Max of all time. Brought a 15 year lurker out of the shadows, just now created an account.
5B34C754-4639-461A-B866-10B8F23ABA8C.jpeg
70397BBC-C588-463F-AE9F-0D272EA0CC63.jpeg
C51DD525-572D-46B3-A9AF-44539375C260.jpeg

Excellent comparison. My pair from 99’ were shredded from hooping and car washes like yours before I threw them away. The OG box went years later and now all I have left is the shirt, which no one remembers. This was and still is the best all around Nike runner, retro and Air Max of all time. Brought a 15 year lurker out of the shadows, just now created an account.
5B34C754-4639-461A-B866-10B8F23ABA8C.jpeg
70397BBC-C588-463F-AE9F-0D272EA0CC63.jpeg
C51DD525-572D-46B3-A9AF-44539375C260.jpeg

All those pairs are for you? lol

All those pairs are for you? lol
Oh absolutely, a lifetime supply. They won’t touch this colorway at least for another 20. The shoe brings back some player, late night creeping, college memories and nostalgia for me. I was instantly drawn to these on the Footlocker display in 99’, no knowledge of a release date, just like “What is That?gotta have them” probably my first impulse sneaker purchase. I don’t know, want, or care about any of the other colorways, this shoe is light years beyond them or any other runner when it comes to the total package. As far as texture and design, nothing has had that on sight shock factor before this sneaker but the OG Penny Foamposite One Royals in 97’and nothing after it. I don’t have a bot, wouldn’t know where to begin to get one. Been debating on sporadic unwearable DS pairs for years on eBay; watchlist them and they’re gone soon after, every time. When I saw these pop up on SNKR, I told myself your getting ten, but ended up with more, only two from Footlocker and Champs online, the rest leg work around town.

Franklausky Franklausky where do you live?

I can't find a single pair in-store...and you found 10+ lol.
I paid resale for 11 & 10.5 on the Wednesday before released day at a Mom and Pop’s. Caught a late shipment for two 11’s at one of the other Mom & Pop locations. Ran into two more late shipments at the end of last week at a Footlocker and a HOH, went ahead and got what ever they had 10.5 -11.5. Walked up on one poor guy at the Footlocker, maybe my age but out of the loop, taking his precious time trying on a 11.5, that was too big and then an 11, thinking times were still sweet. He had the employee put the 11 on the counter behind the cash register, while I’m lurking and he’s looking around some more, then he suddenly walked out to go the ATM or something without letting them know anything. They didn’t even think twice about selling his 11 along with everything else to me. ...I’m like, This ain’t 1991 bra. You have to aggressively purchase everything, even if you know somebody or have a plug. Let them know you aren’t on the fence about nothing.

I paid resale for 11 & 10.5 on the Wednesday before released day at a Mom and Pop’s. Caught a late shipment for two 11’s at one of the other Mom & Pop locations. Ran into two more late shipments at the end of last week at a Footlocker and a HOH, went ahead and got what ever they had 10.5 -11.5. Walked up on one poor guy at the Footlocker, maybe my age but out of the loop, taking his precious time trying on a 11.5, that was too big and then an 11, thinking times were still sweet. He had the employee put the 11 on the counter behind the cash register, while I’m lurking and he’s looking around some more, then he suddenly walked out to go the ATM or something without letting them know anything. They didn’t even think twice about selling his 11 along with everything else to me. ...I’m like, This ain’t 1991 bra. You have to aggressively purchase everything, even if you know somebody or have a plug. Let them know you aren’t on the fence about nothing.
Screwston, where all they worry about is J’s and now Travis Scott’s

Just a heads up - Half of those pairs will rot out due to age before you ever have a chance to wear them.

HarlemShakeStory HarlemShakeStory I was thinking that too but didn't want to be a Debbie Downer lol

I called several shops in roughly 45 minute radius. No shops even knew what I was talking about. Wouldn't mind doubling up on these after all these years of waiting for them.

Just a heads up - Half of those pairs will rot out due to age before you ever have a chance to wear them.
I’m cool with that, I was down to buy unwearable pairs before this for an understandable price. Definitely aware of the 6 to 8 year life span of deadstock shoes glue getting brittle and sole separating from one wear because of Houston’s Humidity. I’ve been doing this since there was no such thing as a sneakerhead. First taste of it was Nike Air Revolutions, 1987 in 3rd grade. First Air Jordan’s were bred 4’s 1989 in 4th grade. Trust me, I’ve got this under control.

HarlemShakeStory HarlemShakeStory I was thinking that too but didn't want to be a Debbie Downer lol

I called several shops in roughly 45 minute radius. No shops even knew what I was talking about. Wouldn't mind doubling up on these after all these years of waiting for them.

I stocked AM95’s during the early 2000’s thinking I would have them “forever” only to see them crumble, melt, and peel at the beginning of the next decade. If there’s one thing I have learned in the shoe game (especially when it comes to Air Maxes), it’s that shoes were meant for wearing. By the time they fall apart, Nike is usually ready with another round of retros anyways.

I stocked AM95’s during the early 2000’s thinking I would have them “forever” only to see them crumble, melt, and peel at the beginning of the next decade. If there’s one thing I have learned in the shoe game (especially when it comes to Air Maxes), it’s that shoes were meant for wearing. By the time they fall apart, Nike is usually ready with another round of retros anyways.
There is no way Nike will retro this same colorway anywhere near the amount that they have retrod the neon 95’s. In all honesty, I like deteriorating shoes and they sell great on eBay as well. At the end of the day, when you seriously buy a lot of shoes, there is always going to be a percentage that stays Deadstock, whether you’re trying to wear everything or not. I’ve sat back and watched the nature of shoes for over 38 plus years, I’m well aware of exactly what I’m getting myself into with every purchase. Not sure how old you are, but I definitely would have never stockpiled the neon Air Max 95 in the early 2000’s, which would have been only 5 to 7 years from when they originally released, not a wise move because they’ve been abused by Nike. Not only that, those had a polyurethane sole like the AJ5; which is guaranteed to crumble. These have a Phylon sole like the AJ11; & they can always be glued back to the bubble or rubber outsole. Only issue, which is the same with any exposed air unit, is the bubble possibly breaking down.
On top of that, I was in college during the early 2000’s, & the furthest thing from my mind would have been buying multiple pairs of any shoe. That’s the kind of greed that started when social media became a way of life, which means you were on one real early in life. The Bottom line is, it took 20 years of built up thirst to make me want to buy a sneaker, that many times. I initially was just trying to create a nice platform for the 20 year old t-shirt that originally released with the shoes to lay on, which the majority of y’all probably have never seen, but I knew it would come to this question.....I’m aware that nobody likes resellers buying in bulk, but do the people asking what I’m gonna do with my pairs have a problem/issue with a true fan of the shoe buying multiple pairs for themselves? Then at the same time, some of y’all get excited when a YouTuber dissects and cuts a brand new sneaker in half, or down the middle? I mean pick a side and stick with it.

Last edited:
There is no way Nike will retro this same colorway anywhere near the amount that they have retrod the neon 95’s. In all honesty, I like deteriorating shoes and they sell great on eBay as well. At the end of the day, when you seriously buy a lot of shoes, there is always going to be a percentage that stays Deadstock, whether you’re trying to wear everything or not.

So are you going to wear them or resell them? Because you said you would wear them but then also pointed out how well they will do on eBay. If you’re planning on wearing them, why the different sizes? No issue with resellling, but call a spade a spade. Of course people were going to ask about the stacks of boxes.

So are you going to wear them or resell them? Because you said you would wear them but then also pointed out how well they will do on eBay. If you’re planning on wearing them, why the different sizes? No issue with resellling, but call a spade a spade. Of course people were going to ask about the stacks of boxes.

He is just showing off, who cares this do do.

Did not say if I would or wouldn’t wear them, I said they’re Absolutely all for me. Then I said that I like deteriorating shoes and they sell great on eBay, which they do. Outside of what you see below, everything unwearable that I’ve sold has been from 96’ to 99’: OG 97’ Royal Foams, DS 99’ Bred 4’s sz. 11 with midsoles crumbling, 97’ NDS Taxi’s, 97 Cherry’s sz. 11, 98’ Bred 13’s, 96’s Columbia 11’s, each casually worn with my memories all over them. Most have been mended because of some sole separation. Everything you see below and what’s been sold are from my 11th grade to second year of college, when I didn’t know my true size and had to predict my foot possibly growing, the same way all y’alls parents made you go a half or full size up in grade school. All of those accept for the bred 4’s and cherry’s were size 11.5 which is not my true size. 11 was and still is the best fit for me in the majority of sneakers. I am a true 10.5, but depending on the shoe, there are hot spots of rubbing, that’s why I always try for size 11 first. Also depending on the shoe, I like to experience the whole range of sizes that I can wear, but notice how the majority of the Tuned Max are 11. Truth be told; I’ll wear a size 9.5-12 depending on the shoe, and if that’s the only thing available. A Diamond Turf size 12 fits me just fine because of the strap. A size 9.5 Pippen 6, Kobe 8 or Flyknit shoe sometimes works with a dress sock because of the material. I have a medium to narrow thinner foot. Do you see any 9.5’s, 10’s or 12’s in that stack?
As for anybody concerned with whether I’ll wear them, sell them, or if they’re all for me; you need to hurry and double, triple, maybe quadruple up so that you will feel better about yourself. You act like I took supply from your city or region for that matter, why didn’t you raid Harlem if ya wanted to eat on this release? I only got two online remember? I was on top of this release a week ahead of time. They aren’t high at all on the resale market, so why are you so concerned with me keeping or selling mine; go ahead and get you some. Oh, but you probably don’t care enough about the shoe to pay $25 over retail. I get it. With that being said, why would I resale any of these? And for the little guy saying I’m showing off, these ain’t a stack of OG 1 hyper royals or trophy rooms. This is a very obtainable shoe if you have the passion for them like me.
A1840E39-B648-42B9-837D-66DA705BA61D.png
28A4D3D2-5BAE-4D5B-B391-C4A096A950B1.png
4F44B360-3535-4745-86B1-0375244C6006.png

Last edited:
this thread needs levity lol.

If you like them, i'm happy for you, seriously. Respect the fact you hit the streets to track them down as it's not as easy as it used to be, esp. given the current setting.

moving right along.

That’s my bad.

I notice Footlocker UK still has FSR. I have a buddy over there that will ship to me in the states, anyone else interested? It usually costs him about $15 USD to ship to me. Total cost would be UK retail + $15 + whatever it costs to ship from me (FL) to you.

That’s my bad.

I notice Footlocker UK still has FSR. I have a buddy over there that will ship to me in the states, anyone else interested? It usually costs him about $15 USD to ship to me. Total cost would be UK retail + $15 + whatever it costs to ship from me (FL) to you.
Dude, they’re on eBay and everywhere in the states cheaper than that. These dudes don’t want to double up, they obviously just want to complain.

Back
Top Bottom