Nike Air Up - These are due for a retro

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

The upper looks softer and at least the Swoosh isn't patent/vinyl. Still a pass.

[COLOR=#red]AIR UP ‘14:

Crawfish are a NOLA staple and any New Orleanian will tell you they are best when boiled. A crave-worthy take on the Nike Air Up mimics fresh-out-of-the-pot crawdads. These sneakers get the job done with no seasoning required, featuring a crustacean-red upper complete with water droplets and a steamy graphic.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
nobody likes the crawfishes? I love em. best out of the whole pack. I'm not with the designs and all that glow in the dark bull. they can keep all dat

This release will go down as one of the worst things Gentry has ever done at Nike. :x

And with a resume filled with disgusting releases, that is saying a lot.

So I went to FNL to check these out even after seeing the BS stock photos. I was really hoping they wouldn't be that bad...I get to the store and finally get them in hand. 20 damn years...Nike waits TWENTY DAMN YEARS to retro these shoes that I fell in love with way back when I was 10 years old. Only to ROYALLY F THEM UP!!! I tried them on anyways, hoping what I saw would change. Nope! Still trash! Thanks Nike, for playing us once again.:smh:

nobody likes the crawfishes? I love em. best out of the whole pack. I'm not with the designs and all that glow in the dark bull. they can keep all dat

the problem with this is that they should have taken the crawfish details and implemented it onto a totally new design shoe. But instead they waste it on a butchered retro

Last edited:
It's just sad really. There's nothing anybody can do I guess? I refuse to believe that blue/grey pair is supposed to be the black penny's. That would be a blantant kiss my *** from nike and I don't think they have reason to be deliberately trying to say "**** you" to people do they?

Last edited:
The biggest problem I've come to realize with this release is that who knows how nike will handle this

Because these will never sell, will they forever abandon a true air up retro?

Or will this motivate nike to get it right?

I'm hoping for the latter

It really baffles me that Penny's shoes where like a cornerstone of NSW, now the Penny line is in shambles.

-But I say give it a couple years, and we get a quiet release of this shoe done right

very dissapointing, the only one i like is the orlando colorway but even those will need a heavy discount and will become beaters only

Just a heads up, Unheardof in Cincy is blowing the Orlandos out. $75 + Ohio tax & shipping. They open at 11am eastern. Hit them up at (513) 744-9444

peace,
J

Yeah, not bad. I would wait for them to hit outlets and cop one to beat to the ground. 

Set to release on the 8th, the "Bred" colorway :smile:

Last edited:
so are people gonna jump on the all star pair now because they glow or nah ?

Last edited:
I feel like I'm the only one that said "I had these twenty years ago, I'm going to take the next best thing to what I've had since...nothing."

Are they are as good as the originals? Absolutely not. Do I like having more than most other shoes right now? Yes.

Call me a "rebel" but I'll have multiple colorways of this and just keep in mind that they will never be the same, but they're still a cool nod to the 90's.

That said, the quality is not quite a $140 price tag.

Wait so these have that vac-tech nonsense on them? First the Air Force Max and now these? Unreal. SMH.

At least the AFMax have had proper retros before.

I feel like I'm the only one that said "I had these twenty years ago, I'm going to take the next best thing to what I've had since...nothing."

Are they are as good as the originals? Absolutely not. Do I like having more than most other shoes right now? Yes.

Call me a "rebel" but I'll have multiple colorways of this and just keep in mind that they will never be the same, but they're still a cool nod to the 90's.

That said, the quality is not quite a $140 price tag.
You are the only one bud, no one else is buying this blasphemy. I had them 20 years a go too, but I am not buying this insult, this is straight up trolling by Nike.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom