Nike Air VaporMax

Super interesting review from Nightwing! I don't know about you guys, but I definitely haven't heard people say that they are "the most comfortable shoes of all-time..." they are comfortable, yes, but not up to that level, so I agree with him on that.

It's also nice to see the way he runs and what he observed for cushioning. From the small bit of him running on the treadmill, you can see he supinates quite a bit and strikes midfoot, so I can definitely understand his opinions about the lack of responsiveness he's feeling and the problematic lack of support as well.

In other news, I'm about 50 miles into the shoes from running in these, and about another 15-20 miles of total walking (I've only worn these for running ever since 1 or 1.5 weeks into wearing them), and I thought I'd bring up an update. It's visually still good up top, but it's starting to fog up a lot more in the units. The crucial thing I should tell you is that once you put in some runs in these, these shoes don't really feel like casual shoes anymore... the break-in process goes deeper and then that's when walking in them casually becomes a different shoe. You can feel each Air unit from one to another as you move, which isn't so comfortable. The good thing is that the traction breaks in, so the tacky sounds go away although the squeaking would occur here and there. Regardless, it becomes different, but it's still good.

View media item 2420913

to be fair he is probably hearing/seeing it being the "most comfortable shoes in the world" from comments on his social media or website and as we all know, most of those are exaggeration

does the bubble fogging up due to moisture because you can probably run a hair dryer on it to get rid of it

or is it fogging up as in the plastic is just becoming less transparent due to oxidation?

to be fair he is probably hearing/seeing it being the "most comfortable shoes in the world" from comments on his social media or website and as we all know, most of those are exaggeration

does the bubble fogging up due to moisture because you can probably run a hair dryer on it to get rid of it

or is it fogging up as in the plastic is just becoming less transparent due to oxidation?

Ah true, true.

Could be moisture. I'll try the hair dryer method. How do I use it towards the Air units though? Just have it on high power and warm and let it run for a minute?

yah it probably won't even take a minute, just put it on high and if it is just moisture, it should evaporate within seconds

Not a sure go for any of the Day to Night blue ones.

Too much dark-navy

Too polarizing

Glacier *A maybe* But not sure about the fade to platinum at the top of heel and tongue. I would definitely get some air bag matching blue laces with it to give it a boost of blue. Need some real world pics of them.

If I knew it would take forever to get another Red version I would of tried for the Air Max OG.

They usually have really good customer service. They cancelled an order of mine a few weeks ago, and the next day or two I received a $50 gift card for the inconvenience, which I used on these VaporMax's

I won't hold my breath waiting on that 50 lol

I'm pleased the pure plats are getting the love they deserve, such an amazing color that suits the ice blue sole of this shoe perfectly.

I'm going to seem biased as they're the only 2 I own but along with triple black I'm more than happy.

The Olives and Khaki might make me change my mind.

Last edited:
I was gonna pick up my asphalt from Nike today but went to the store and saw the color in person, not feeling it at on.. I'm waiting for the black id to arrive so guess i don't want another dark pair guess I'll wait for the pale grey and see

I totally agree with you!!! :smile:

I'm pleased the pure plats are getting the love they deserve, such an amazing color that suits the ice blue sole of this shoe perfectly.

I'm going to seem biased as they're the only 2 I own but along with triple black I'm more than happy.

The Olives and Khaki might make me change my mind.

Last edited:
Adrianne always has great taste in shoes 
smokin.gif

Something looks off on these Triple Blacks especially her right shoe. The toe box looks scrunched and the air bag under the toe looks as if its protruding forward.
​It looks like it was photo shopped, and not very well!  It looks like the right foot and shoe don't match the left!  

I really like the navy pair and the lightest blue pair. In for either of them...assuming i can grab a pair. Navy is first choice

Back
Top Bottom