Nike Air VaporMax

I don't know where I stand on the Utilities. I want to like them but I just don't see a condition in which I would wear those over my regular Vapormax. Both shoes allow your feet to get wet and both shoes don't keep your feet warm in the winter. I do think they look great however. :ohwell:
If you can go and try them on you will then realize every condition where you will wear them over your regular vapors. I have 6 other vapors and I go to my utilities every time now when I want to wear vapormax because of that cushlon layer. It adds an extra comfort that enhances that vapormax air unit. Now that I am a little older shoe-head now comfort trumps look/color.

F3B4B559-F38C-4164-B94B-999C9A8A6791.jpeg
4749A4F3-5130-4AA4-9835-3C2102784266.jpeg
bigevan23 bigevan23 Jan 18th

A must cop for me!!!
OOOOOOOOOOH that nike air on the insole.....

Maybe I have to break into the shoes, but I might be in the minority and say that... at least for NOW, I'm kinda NOT liking the midsole on the VaporMax Utility. I understand that for the purpose of the way it's supposed to function, it's beneficial, yes. I guess... I'm so used to how the VaporMax is without the midsole that I'd just much prefer it that way. I'll give it a bit more time though.

Those CNY's are nice but other than the insoles theres nothing really special about them like the CNY Jordans, 90's etc. Feel they could've done a little more.

If you can go and try them on you will then realize every condition where you will wear them over your regular vapors. I have 6 other vapors and I go to my utilities every time now when I want to wear vapormax because of that cushlon layer. It adds an extra comfort that enhances that vapormax air unit. Now that I am a little older shoe-head now comfort trumps look/color.

I think that is all the reason you need, that it looks great plus it differs enough from the regular VMs.

With cushlon and more comfort as icing on top.

I did and I returned them to Nike. I don't feel the Utility added anything compared to the current Vapormax. I can't wear them in the rain. I can't wear them in the snow. Whats the point then honestly? If it truly added some sort of protection from the elements then I could make the case. However they don't. I would rather wear the Vapormaxs that have already lined my closet. I'm kind of over the Black/Black/Black color way too. I will revisit the Utilities when the black/orange and navy/red color ways come out. I still do think they look great though. heh.

if you already have multiple Vapormaxes then I don't think extra reasoning on why you would wear it other than you think it looks great and different

obviously function isn't the main purpose of owning this shoes if you have multiple pairs of it

it's a pair of Vapormax that looks different, I mean it does look vastly different outside of the midsole so I don't think people would mistake it for your other VMs and I think that is the main point of the utilities

that's mainly my opinion, not a knock on anyone so don't take it that way but I just don't think you need to look for a purpose to buy it if you like it

if you already have multiple Vapormaxes then I don't think extra reasoning on why you would wear it other than you think it looks great and different

obviously function isn't the main purpose of owning this shoes if you have multiple pairs of it

it's a pair of Vapormax that looks different, I mean it does look vastly different outside of the midsole so I don't think people would mistake it for your other VMs and I think that is the main point of the utilities

that's mainly my opinion, not a knock on anyone so don't take it that way but I just don't think you need to look for a purpose to buy it if you like it

It’s the CNY concept and insoles that make them appealing. I’d pass tho.

I understand your point.

I kind of looked at like it would be my go to Vapormax when I needed some ruggedness and protection. I can make room in my closet for a Vapormax that fills that niche. However I'm trying to figure out what the utility portion of that shoe is when I can't utilize it in adverse weather conditions. Why am I paying $35 more then? I guess thats where it lost me. I hope that makes sense.

****, just imagine having the luxury to knock 45% off the total price to $116 for your last pair of Vapormaxes, and then pay $245 for the Vapormax Utility... That's a $129 difference. :frown:

I mean if it's just waiting out for a lower price, then that's understandable.

I'm just waiting for ebates to hit at least 10% cashback then I might order :lol:

I did and I returned them to Nike. I don't feel the Utility added anything compared to the current Vapormax. I can't wear them in the rain. I can't wear them in the snow. Whats the point then honestly? If it truly added some sort of protection from the elements then I could make the case. However they don't. I would rather wear the Vapormaxs that have already lined my closet. I'm kind of over the Black/Black/Black color way too. I will revisit the Utilities when the black/orange and navy/red color ways come out. I still do think they look great though. heh.

Thats cause they used the word utility...which psychologically makes it a functional descriptor and therefore, you as a rational person, are logically trying to rationalize the decision.

The truth is it provides almost no functional/rational benefit...and is purely an emotional purchase. If they called em the 'Vapormax Triple Black DGAF cause they're just dope edition,' it might be a different story. :smile:

The truth is it provides almost no functional/rational benefit...and is purely an emotional purchase. If they called em the 'Vapormax Triple Black DGAF cause they're just dope edition,' it might be a different story. :smile:

I want one of THOSE

Got the two colorways I wanted. Satisfied!
IMG_20180110_164018_129.jpg
Man I've been eyeballing those so hard and I went from "hell nah" to those being my favorites.
The Anthracites that is.
I have to pickem up next time I'm round the Mall.
Had to go to Penny's today for Underpants and Undershirts and saw them in the window, again......but just didn't have time to cop.
I know, would have took 5minutes, but I was already an hour behind.
SHould have said F'it and ran 1hr 5minutes behind, I want those shoes NOW.:smile:

Those CNY's are nice but other than the insoles theres nothing really special about them like the CNY Jordans, 90's etc. Feel they could've done a little more.
I think those j’s are doing enough for the entire collection. Happy vapormax don’t have the florals. Makes it easier to swallow that we didn’t get the very berry MC pair.

I bet those CNY look fly in the Sun.
At first look I said pass because I thought it was identical to my Black/White/Racer blue with MC on the heel and toe, it is not.

Might have to color the swoosh worst case scenario but, definitely scooping.

scratching my head...

because all of these colorways just look the same. nike really dropped the ball in that sense. so much left on the table colorway wise. nike wont even change the bubble color for freaks sake

Back
Top Bottom