Nike Air VaporMax

It’s a metal lace decoration I guess that Nike shipped with all colors of the monotone Vapormax pack.
Dubrae. That’s what they’re called.
Aglets are the decorative tips of laces.
Lace locks are higher up like the Jordan 5

I cant stand the brand mismatch conversation anymore. Its been worn down as much as the boost vs *insert new nike tech here* :lol:

A1815A98-1D9F-417D-BC8C-91C81DE66B4B.jpeg

I cant stand the brand mismatch conversation anymore. Its been worn down as much as the boost vs *insert new nike tech here* :lol:
I wouldn't call it a conversation around brand mis-matching, more like a bunch of old-timers waxing poetic about the good old days. Its kinda like watching a morgan freeman, jack nicholson, tommy lee jones, past-their-prime buddy comedy. Its funny but also sorta sad.

We're just old. That's a huge faux pas for people near our age group. You couldn't be coming to school with no Nike shoes, Reebok shirt, Fila shorts, and Diadora socks, son. Had to be same brand top-to-bottom. I cringe when I see it, but I realize it's my own pet peeve. Kids are savages. Walking around with some Tiro pants and VMs. We're just old crusty's that never grew out of old habits :lol: I forget what thread we were in, but we had a long debate about mixing and matching brands. You could definitely tell the older guys from the younger.

Mind you, I'd never dress like, Phil now a days. But in '89/'90 ... different story lol

jordan-iii-jumpsuit-ebay-6.jpg

It's a catch 22. If you matching from top to bottom all the way down to your socks it looks like you're trying too hard. If you're mixing brands it just looks weird.

I'm not mixing brands though because it's just weird to me.

These arrived at the office today. It's ridiculous that I can get branding three times in one picture. They're not terrible, but they're not for me. My coworker was excited for these so threw the oop his way.

IMG_20180418_104812.jpg

It's a catch 22. If you matching from top to bottom all the way down to your socks it looks like you're trying too hard. If you're mixing brands it just looks weird.

I'm not mixing brands though because it's just weird to me.

I don't match from top-to-bottom. The '80s/'90s reference, was just that, a reference. I would never dress like that today. but that was thing when I was like 10 to early teens. The reality is, we just don't mix major athletic brands. Don't care if I'm wearing a Nike hoodie and a pair of major retailer shorts/pants. Just not wearing Adidas, Asics, Puma etc with the hoodie or Adidas socks with Nike and vice versa. Much like mixing sports teams is a pet peeve of mine. I bust chops, but it doesn't bother me really if other people do it. But definitely feels off if I were to attempt the same.

Back
Top Bottom