Nike Air Yeezy 2 Authentic/Fake Comparison

fake.

cmon, you know no one would sell a 1500 dollar shoe for 300 bucks
I can't see flaws in the pictures though..
nerd.gif

Spines, Scales, toebox, somewhat 3m mesh all seem good
Liner looks a little off... maybe. Could be lighting.

Not saying they're real for 300 bucks, but can you point out the giveaway?

he prob used those pics but has some BS pair in hand when you meet up with him. or will ask you to pay via WU

I'm a lifelong sneakerhead and long-time lurker here, but given some of the very condescending viewpoints here, I felt compelled to share my personal opinions (note the emphasis) on what it really means to be a sneakerhead/phile. 

At the core, being a sneakerhead simply means you love sneakers, not all of the hype, status, or exclusivity nonsense that comes with them. Yes, this is an implicit and inextricable aspect of the sneaker game, but these reasons shouldn't be primary or driving factors behind why you want a pair of sneakers. Simply put, it should be because you like the damn shoes. 

I don't condone the purchase of replicas, but at the same time, in my opinion, I don't see how that affects you at all if you already own a real pair*. If Air Yeezy 2 clones continue to improve in quality and realism to the point where they are indistinguishable from real ones, does it make my pair any less real? I personally know mine to be real, so it's kind of irrelevant to me whether or not I can prove this to anyone else. I don't get validation from others, I really don't care what other people think, and honestly, neither should any of you.

To me, this reeks of the "me first" exclusive attitude that indie music snobs sometimes have -- who cares if your favorite band got popular? It's not like suddenly the music is any worse because they have more fans.

If a shoe is still available, then buying a replica directly takes money from the pockets of Nike, etc. and the affiliated collaborators, whomever they may be. That's not cool at all. But if it happens to be a limited edition pair as in this case, whose availability has long since ended, then I kind of fail to see the harm done to anyone (except resellers). It's not even an issue of being able to afford it or not; I think almost everyone agrees current prices are utterly ridiculous regardless of financial feasibility. For someone who just wants to rock a replica pair for its design and looks at a more reasonable price, why shouldn't they be able to do so? It's not like Nike or Kanye are getting any money from the grossly inflated resales anyway. Ultimately, replica buyers are just lying to themselves, but if they're okay with that, it doesn't really make sense for any of us to be outraged over something that has no relevance to any of our personal lives. 

Love the shoes for the shoes, not what other people think or do. 

==

*The only people I think should be concerned about super high quality fakes is those who are holding pairs for resale, and frankly, if you're one of them, I don't care for you either. There's nothing wrong with opportunistic capitalism, but as I indicate above, I don't believe buying sneakers for resale purposes is what makes you a sneakerhead. It makes you a businessman. Plus, resellers are among those most responsible for feeding the hypebeast in the first damn place. 

Last edited:
I'm a lifelong sneakerhead and long-time lurker here, but given some of the very condescending viewpoints here, I felt compelled to share my personal opinions (note the emphasis) on what it really means to be a sneakerhead/phile. 

At the core, being a sneakerhead simply means you love sneakers, not all of the hype, status, or exclusivity nonsense that comes with them. Yes, this is an implicit and inextricable aspect of the sneaker game, but these reasons shouldn't be primary or driving factors behind why you want a pair of sneakers. Simply put, it should be because you like the damn shoes. 

I don't condone the purchase of replicas, but at the same time, in my opinion, I don't see how that affects you at all if you already own a real pair*. If Air Yeezy 2 clones continue to improve in quality and realism to the point where they are indistinguishable from real ones, does it make my pair any less real? I personally know mine to be real, so it's kind of irrelevant to me whether or not I can prove this to anyone else. I don't get validation from others, I really don't care what other people think, and honestly, neither should any of you.

To me, this reeks of the "me first" exclusive attitude that indie music snobs sometimes have -- who cares if your favorite band got popular? It's not like suddenly the music is any worse because they have more fans.

If a shoe is still available, then buying a replica directly takes money from the pockets of Nike, etc. and the affiliated collaborators, whomever they may be. That's not cool at all. But if it happens to be a limited edition pair as in this case, whose availability has long since ended, then I kind of fail to see the harm done to anyone (except resellers). It's not even an issue of being able to afford it or not; I think almost everyone agrees current prices are utterly ridiculous regardless of financial feasibility. For someone who just wants to rock a replica pair for its design and looks at a more reasonable price, why shouldn't they be able to do so? It's not like Nike or Kanye are getting any money from the grossly inflated resales anyway. Ultimately, replica buyers are just lying to themselves, but if they're okay with that, it doesn't really make sense for any of us to be outraged over something that has no relevance to any of our personal lives. 

==

*The only people I think should be concerned about super high quality fakes is those who are holding pairs for resale, and frankly, if you're one of them, I don't care for you either. There's nothing wrong with opportunistic capitalism, but as I indicate above, I don't believe buying sneakers for resale purposes is what makes you a sneakerhead. It makes you a businessman. Plus, resellers are among those most responsible for feeding the hypebeast in the first damn place. 

agreed with everything you said. however the only people that will be affected is those who havent bought them yet and planning to buy them. I guess you guys are out of luck since yeezy bay already shipping out some pairs.

Last edited:
Where can I find a pair of Yeezy besides ebay. The have a 2k BIN but that is overvalued IMO. And not to mention too many fakes!

==

Well the problem is most of people want these because of hype and really a small percentage actually want them for looks. If you actually like the looks, I don't see why you can't save or trade up for a real pair, I don't get how some people buy x amount jordans/lebrons/kd/kobes,etc you really don't like that much and know they will sit around but can't put down the money to buy a grail which you would probably use more and like . When you buy a pair of fake shoe the feeling entirely the same as a real pair and it really just ruins the shoe to me. If you can't afford a shoe that really only time it understandable to get replica since people do have other priorities in life.

I just saw some pictures of this so-called YeezyBay guy's latest clone. Terrifyingly realistic, but pictures are generally misleading. Would anyone be interested in a comparison of that and my real pair? I am loathe to send that much money for a replica, but if there is enough interest/benefit to everyone, it's something I would consider doing.

i highly doubt everyone get that orders from Yeezybay would get those
This, and im positive they stolen other people yeezy 2 pictures and posted them on their instagram. It impossible to prefect all the shoes with the amount of orders they probably have.

Back
Top Bottom