Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

I was in shock that I actually got through and was just in a rush to checkout...

Didn't sign into my NDC account, didn't add 2 day shipping, just paid via PayPal as guest and prayed the site didn't crash. 
This was my logic and exactly what I did as well via mobile. 

My issue was I was not signed in and was freaking out, even though I had it in my cart, I didn't want to enter all of my info on my phone, so I signed in instead. Never thought about overnight shipping, just wanted to get checked out. I had one hiccup where I forgot my card's code, but the message said something about a promo code, or that's what I read. And I was thinking this was some secret release that you needed to know some sort of promotion code in order to check out. :smh: I was able to somehow get through the process, phone shaking in my hand.

I'm not a CPA yet but I'm working on it...

It was 13K when I was taking the intro accounting...and he's right. If you think PP/Ebay/Feds not watching, they are. you gotta up that tax money.
Yeah the IRS upped it to $14k for 2013.

Good luck with your exams, man.  They're a pain.

I guess I'm not technically a CPA yet because I still need my experience requirement, but after passing the exams I feel like one.  haha.

I am confused to what the 14K is for?
Gift tax exclusion per the IRS.  Basically it means that I can give you up to $14k without me being taxed.  Any amount above that threshold results in a tax for me, but you would never be taxed because gifts are never taxable to the recipient.

How close are the GM pairs to the real deal? There's a couple of size floating around in my area.... I dont wanna risk it by him handing me the authentic box and receipt that came with it and later on find out I was given a GM pair. Im trying to do this the safest way possible. I even told him to not open the box that Nike shipped it to him and wait until the meetup. You can tell Im getting desperate
laugh.gif

Last edited:
How close are the GM pairs to the real deal? There's a couple of size floating around in my area.... I dont wanna risk it by him handing me real box and receipt that came with it and later on find it I was given a GM pair. Im trying to do this the safest way possible. I even told him to not open the box that Nike shipped it to him and wait until the meetup. You can tell Im getting desperate:lol:

pretty close BUT there are only what 4000-5000 pairs from this weekend (floated total) so the odds of you finding someone with a legit box, receipt, etc that swapped isn't very high.

pretty close BUT there are only what 4000-5000 pairs from this weekend (floated total) so the odds of you finding someone with a legit box, receipt, etc that swapped isn't very high.
What if there authentic pairs came in from Nike and they decided to switch the pairs and give me the real box with the receipt
sick.gif
. Im always thinking the worst case possible. 

What if there authentic pairs came in from Nike and they decided to switch the pairs and give me the real box with the receipt:x . Im always thinking the worst case possible. 

reread what I typed.

How close are the GM pairs to the real deal? There's a couple of size floating around in my area.... I dont wanna risk it by him handing me the authentic box and receipt that came with it and later on find out I was given a GM pair. Im trying to do this the safest way possible. I even told him to not open the box that Nike shipped it to him and wait until the meetup. You can tell Im getting desperate:lol:  

they are VERY close and they are gonna continue updates

put it like this, even if it did get a REAL pair, youd be a fool not to resell a pair of damn nikes for 3-5k, invest, family vay cay, whatever........you wanna do

There is a local guy claiming he has 5 pairs an put on instagram 2500 a piece, everyone isnt a NT member im sure this guy is gonna be on a nice come up, he runs a lil boutique in my area. Im not gonna air him out, cant knock his hustle. I explained all this to my sister last night

Last edited:
they are VERY close and they are gonna continue updates

put it like this, even if it did get a REAL pair, youd be a fool not to resell a pair of damn nikes for 3-5k, invest, family vay cay, whatever........you wanna do
I agree.... The majority of this money Im going to use were the items I sold on eBay the last few months (Prelude 1s, Bred 1s, Space Jams,etc....) which got me around 2.5k+. I was going to treat myself something nice since I just graduated lol and almost settled for Plats last week, and was glad these dropped, and now my focus is on this 
smokin.gif
. I know prices will stagnate around the 2.2-3k mark in the next 3 months or so but don't want to risk buying GM pairs, and super super perfects later down the road. 

I agree.... The majority of this money Im going to use were the items I sold on eBay the last few months (Prelude 1s, Bred 1s, Space Jams,etc....) which got me around 2.5k+. I was going to treat myself something nice since I just graduated lol and almost settled for Plats last week, and was glad these dropped, and now my focus is on this :smokin . I know prices will stagnate around the 2.2-3k mark in the next 3 months or so but don't want to risk buying GM pairs, and super super perfects later down the road. 

you got a lot of desperate people with tax return money running around these days right now who cant wait to post their pics on social media

people with real orders are gonna do the ol switcheroo

just be careful an the super super perfects are coming

the consignment shop near me had 3 pairs for 2-3 weeks now. the owner told me the guy paid 8k for each and wants 10-12k for them 
laugh.gif

i know hes hating himself right now

the consignment shop near me had 3 pairs for 2-3 weeks now. the owner told me the guy paid 8k for each and wants 10-12k for them :lol:

i know hes hating himself right now
jeezzz :smh: :x

lot of pair still flooding now , so it will be diffcult then

With every big release there will always be at least three types of buyers; those who want the shoe to wear, collecters who want it DS in their collection and those who want to sell at profit.

What's interesting about this one is because it was totally random with no planning for anyone we don't know which kind of buyer is in the majority here (usually you would presume the latter). Wether you got or not was pure luck. You could argue that those with twitter notifications from Nike turned on make their own luck but you still had to be awake, near your phone/ipad , in service etc and have access to the funds to cop.

So whilst I can understand the presumption that more buyers who want them won this time due to random drop and therefore lack of bots I think it more came down to what time zone you were in wether you copped or not (better timed in EU - Sunday evening known to be busiest time for home online use) and because resellers are more likely to have tweet notifications on and acces to funds etc.

It will be interesting to watch the next few days weeks how this plays out but right now scare stories of eBay and pay pal scams will put a lot of casual sellers off (including me) selling for fear of loosing out. That may decrease supply in the short term coupled with more pairs going to the safer route of consignment store selling perhaps meaning the price is higher in the short to medium term. Finding safe ways to both buy and sell these will be key to where the market goes from here.

Back
Top Bottom