Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^Can you post a picture? I'd like to see how it looks. Thanks!
smile.gif

No pics because I already returned them but this should give you an idea...

Rip is probably a strong way to describe it...it's more like the clear and black parts split along this seam. You wouldn't notice just by looking at it but you'll def notice when you ball in em. The bottom will roll underneath if you make a hard cut.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I honestly think the V are a bit overrated. They're probably the best shoes for guards and smaller people out there but they're definitely not the greatest shoes for bigger players

i dont think i can say they are overrated. because in the first place, the kobes were not even made for bigger players in mind anyway. that's what the lebrons are for. no one shoe is not gonna be made to fit all types of player/position's needs.

Originally Posted by orthotic

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I honestly think the V are a bit overrated. They're probably the best shoes for guards and smaller people out there but they're definitely not the greatest shoes for bigger players

i dont think i can say they are overrated. because in the first place, the kobes were not even made for bigger players in mind anyway. that's what the lebrons are for. no one shoe is not gonna be made to fit all types of player/position's needs.

Bullcrap. Whether or not a shoe is made for guards forwards or centers, the quality and build of a high priced shoe should remain the same. The Kobe shoe is made from inferior materials, thus the rips and crack that people who actually play complain about. Look at many college teams in America, and you will see them all wearing, then playing, in the same shoes. The only time that changes is when they get to the pros, then signing an exclusive shoe deal. 

The Guard shoe thing is nothing but a myth.

This Kobe shoe is a cheap piece of crap, but it is good looking!

This Kobe shoe is a cheap piece of crap, but it is good looking!
100% agree.  I've gone through 3 pairs of V's and am DONE witht he shoe. All ended up ripping after a few weeks of regular indoor 5-on-5 runs (2-2.5 hours, 4-5 times per week).

On the POP - my left shoe ripped along the front clear sole/black foam border after I crossed a guy over on my way to the basket.  Returned them to Niketown and picked up the blk/wht/del sol V...

On the Blk/Wht/del sol - sole gradually ripped in the middle near the midfoot plate, probably due to mid foot flexing (which I thought the plate was supposed to mitigate?)... returned them to Niketown and picked up the draft day/hornets V... 

On the draft day/hornets - slight rips started to occur in the midfoot area near the plate, just like on the Blk/Wht/Del Sol.  Returned them to Niketown before the problem worsened and picked up with the Hyperfuse.

After 2 weeks of regular indoor hooping, the Nike Hyperfuse >>>>>>>>>>> Kobe V for me.  The Hyperfuse has no durability issues, retails for about $30 less than the V, and the cushlon heel and forefoot Zoom are amazing.

Um, how can you report durability isn't a problem with the Hyperfuse when you've worn them for less time than it took your Kobe V to break?

NAILED YA!! BOOM!!

Um, how can you report durability isn't a problem with the Hyperfuse when you've worn them for less time than it took your Kobe V to break?

NAILED YA!! BOOM!!

If the Kobe 4s had full length zoom or at least forefoot and heel zoom, they'd be really awesome.

I wouldn't mind the extra weight the zoom bags would bring as long as the cushioning would last longer.

i have yet to get a pair of v's
from what i see i guess they're excellent
but my homie wore out his grip in 2 weeks....
is that normal?

^ depends on what type of court your homie plays on, how he plays, and how often he plays.
in two weeks it sounds like that's the only pair of shoes he has, wears them all day, and plays outdoors on concrete or asphalt.

Originally Posted by stinknani4real

i have yet to get a pair of v's
from what i see i guess they're excellent
but my homie wore out his grip in 2 weeks....
is that normal?
It's an indoor court shoe. If they are used for anything more extreme (outdoor court/prolonged casual street wear) - in other words, any activities the shoe was not designed for - you should expect accelerated wear on the shoe. Also, your friend must be big/heavy.

^^ yeah he told me he played with em outdoors for 2 weeks straight
i guess a lot of shoes would be worn out fast that way.
either way im def. gona grab a pair and try em out
pimp.gif

NAILED YA!! BOOM!!

Very well... tomorrow will mark exactly 2 weeks of balling in the Hyperfuse.  Unless something goes wrong tonight or tomorrow, they will have outlasted my Kobe V's.  Thus far, the Hyperfuse is showing no signs of ripping or tearing anywhere.

^^^ You must be really fat or big as lebron james size if you can rip a pair of kobe playing basketball. My Kobe V still last me and i play them 3 4 times a week since January . I rank the Kobe V to be very durable. I accidentally drop my Dark Knight Kobe V on the street once and a car ran over it but the Shoes still look new except for some mark on the mesh collar . These shoes are very tough imo

Originally Posted by clkru

NAILED YA!! BOOM!!

Very well... tomorrow will mark exactly 2 weeks of balling in the Hyperfuse.  Unless something goes wrong tonight or tomorrow, they will have outlasted my Kobe V's.  Thus far, the Hyperfuse is showing no signs of ripping or tearing anywhere.

hey wait, arent u that guy who is anti kobe and said you would never buy any of his shoes? or am i thinking of someone else? pretty sure its you no?

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

74452525.jpg

oh look the 50 year old poor guy who gets banned from message boards every month knows how to right click and save 

sad thing is you probably think dude really hates me
laugh.gif
dummy

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

74452525.jpg

oh look the 50 year old poor guy who gets banned from message boards every month knows how to right click and save 

sad thing is you probably think dude really hates me
laugh.gif
dummy

No, the whole board hates you!

hey wait, arent u that guy who is anti kobe and said you would never buy any of his shoes? or am i thinking of someone else? pretty sure its you no?
Oh yes, I am a bonafide Kobe Hater and not generally a fan of lows for hoops after a bad ankle episode with the Zoom MVP, BUT, I've been having an on-court affair with several different pairs of the Kobe IV for about a year and was interested in to see if the V would also a great shoe to play in...  sadly, the V didn't stand up to the 4 for me, and I was especially disappointed with the external durability.

And for the dude who asked about my size: I'm a 6'2", 175 lbs wing. 

3 pairs of ripped/torn Kobe V's later, I'm done with the shoe and not looking backdue to a lack of durability.  Hyperfuse are still going strong, though.

^wow i dont know if i can believe you....

for starters, ifyou look back in this very thread starting at page 3 your kobe hate antics are od even topping the 600 pound loser above you who always complains about zoom air bottoming out....

Second, the kobe IV better than the V??? No way...

3rd....if the Kobe V was so bad and you hate kobe so much, why did it take you 3 pairs to quit the shoe???
laugh.gif
come on bro something aint right lol

the IV was my all time favorite shoe, even after the lunar foam bottomed out...the shoe was just perfect in every other way that I was willing to live with the lack of forefoot cushion.

Last night I tried the V for the first time, and it was awesome. Equal to or better than the IV in every way except traction (I played on a clean floor, so it was still good). No break-in time since I spent a few minutes flexing the forefoot of each shoe before lacing them up. I could hear the soft crackling of the outsole and midsole as they loosened up and found their flexpoints...this makes a huge difference in my opinion, if you have a new pair and don't want to break them in naturally then I highly recommend doing this. Transition and comfort were fantastic from the start.

First choice on clean floors or if my back feels bad: V
First choice on a dusty floor: IV

Lowtops rule, I feel terrible playing in mid or highs now.

by the way, i love it when my nikes rip or tear...not right away of course, but after a short while. Like a month or more. just take them back to niketown for credit or exchange. exchanging used shoes for new shoes is great, and you have the option to try a different shoe or colorway.

Well, I am 6"4, 249. I workout with certain professional athletes in their off season, then maintaining top physical condition year round. I bench 395, then squat 405. I run the forty in 4.6/7, then can run a mile in 6.13. A hoops shoe should meet certain standards for me as an athlete. Once I picked up Kobe V shoe at the HOH in Harlem, I knew that it would not be a wise choice for me to wear, especially after my bad experience in wearing the IV,
6191696b6adf7d1863309991629d1eb100f8a1a5_r.jpg
one that I got for free, in which is the better built shoe between the two. After seeing the cracked support systems on this thread, then seeing pics of actual rips on other sites, then knowing the faulty material that was used in this shoe, I am happy to have passed on what's actually some very cool looking footwear.

Well, I am 6"4, 249. I workout with certain professional athletes in their off season, then maintaining top physical condition year round. I bench 395, then squat 405.
IMO the Kobe V wouldn't be your type of shoe even if it was somewhat more durable.  I think they are more for finesse type player maybe.  I'm thinking you might be a more power type player in which the Lebron line would be more suitable.  I could be totally wrong, just guessing after seeing your size.

Back
Top Bottom