NIKE BASKETBALL 1999-2004?????????

Nike basketball has been making some pretty nice shoes lately(Hyperdunks,LeBrons,Huarche lines,Kobes etc) But I was thinking it seemed like for while Nikebasketball was making garabage like from around 1999 to end of 2003. I personally think this helped fuel the retro rage. I remember some shoes from that eralike the

Nike 2k3
700d_3.JPG

SHOX BB4
U1989P6T64D26004F1322DT20061127185538.jpg

VC II
nike-shox-vc-ii.jpg

SHOX Stunner
nike-shox-stunner.JPG

VC
nike_-_shox_vc_black.jpg

But I wouldnt consider any of them classics because you cant really wear them casually. They seemed like "tech" oriented basketball shoes.

The one shoe that I liked from that era was the
Zoom Air Generation (the first Lebron's)

Nike-Air-Zoom-Generation_130331.jpg

I know I must be missing some classics. But I can only remember these shoes.What do y'all think about that era?

flightposites and jet flights are my favorites out of that timeline, im sure there are a few others that i'm forgetting though.

the vince carters were the best basketball sneakers hands down..great ankle support

flightposite I & II
Zoom Gp I & II
Hyperflight
Air Payton IV
Ultraflight

Straight up PERFORMANCE beasts.. on that front alone, they should be regarded as classics.

i remember all them commercails had me GEEKED for them bb4's

moms copped at jimmy jazz on rd
pimp.gif

I remember those BB4's. BOING
red colorway was nice.

I think the zoom generations are probably my
favorite Lebron.

I'd take a lot of shoes from that era over modern shoes.

It's not like I can toss on a pair of Lebrons or Kobes for casual wear and be comfortable either.

Most BBall shoes just aren't that great for casual wear.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I totally agree. most bball shoes should remain on the court.
They don't look that great worn casually anyway.

It's not like I can toss on a pair of Lebrons or Kobes for casual wear and be comfortable either.

See I dont agree with that...I've worn 2k4s and Lebrons casually
kobe_bryant_shoes_nike_2k4_bw.jpg

zl2_grey_blu_wht_01.jpg

and I would wear the LEbron VIs and the new Kobe casually and I assume other people do too because they are making a ton of colrways for them
nike-zoom-lebron-6-pe-olympic-united-we-rise-3-08.jpg

nike_2D00_zoom_2D00_kobe_2D00_4_2D00_mpls_2D00_3_5F00_thumb.jpg

2000-2004 was my favorite time period for sneakers, as far as nike bball, jordans, and jordan retros went, so many great stuff dropped

Originally Posted by XIIz89

74535f5fe5f0bcb3a3e1ba64d92392b0c18bbe1.pjpg

The forgotten foams
if they could not get these to scuff
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

yooooo these were my joints..the 03-04 year..was the best for nike. i believe they were 125.00 which was reasonable during the time

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

See I dont agree with that...I've worn 2k4s and Lebrons casually
kobe_bryant_shoes_nike_2k4_bw.jpg

zl2_grey_blu_wht_01.jpg

and I would wear the LEbron VIs and the new Kobe casually and I assume other people do too because they are making a ton of colrways for them
nike-zoom-lebron-6-pe-olympic-united-we-rise-3-08.jpg

nike_2D00_zoom_2D00_kobe_2D00_4_2D00_mpls_2D00_3_5F00_thumb.jpg
I hear you, there are some bball shoes that work great for casual wear. I wear lots of bball shoes for casual wear, Zoom Drives, XXI Lows, XIIlows, Gil Zero Lows, AF25 Lows and I like my BB lows for just about everything.

But they don't design bball shoes for casual wear, and some are designed to be worn on the court only. You named a couple that you like, but the ratioisn't there. If I'm going to be walking around I'd take a pair of Asics or Sauconys or New Balances over even the most expensive, tech-orientedbball shoes.

Gotta love the Ultraflights too. I didn't like them at first, but you get used to the court feel and they play really well. I think the shell still couldhave been lower at the heel, every now and then it can irritate my ankle.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Nike_Air_Zoom_Ultraflight_centr.jpg

gloveultraflight.jpg

svsm_lebron-030.jpg

pimp.gif
Best balling sneaker ever IMO.

yea hyperflights were sweet too..arent these hyperflights? or something similar too it? lol

Gotta love the Ultraflights too. I didn't like them at first, but you get used to the court feel and they play really well. I think the shell still could have been lower at the heel, every now and then it can irritate my ankle.

Nike_Air_Zoom_Ultraflight_centr.jpg

Yeah I remember those. I remember I tried those on at the outlets but they felt mad uncomfortable but I guess I should've got them and broken them in. Butyes those are aesthetically a classic. Worth a retro.

Back
Top Bottom