Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Not sure if I'm going to explain myself properly but just wondering if anyone else has issues with discomfort while breaking in new shoes now a days compared to maybe 5-10 years ago?

Seems to be happening quite frequently lately (as in the past 1-2 years). It's not really pain just numbness/discomfort in my feet. I don't crank the laces either, just enough to be secure but not super snug. The feeling usually goes away after a couple of wears on the court. I need to loosen the laces when taking a breather to let my feet relax.

I used to be able to throw on a pair of Kobe's and was good to go out of the box. Maybe I'm just getting too old and my foot muscles don't like the constant change.

Probably just getting old :lol:

Just a heads up to the older folk in here, if you're experiencing foot pain while playing it might not be you or your age but rather your shoe size. I've been dealing with issues as I mentioned for the past year or 2 and it wasn't making any sense.

Over the years I've only purchased shoes online because everything was locked down and going into a store didn't mean you were going to get what you want. So I just bought the size I knew, it would get delivered and that was it.

Recently I ended up measuring my feet and it looks like my feet have gotten wider (either with age or (healthy) weight/muscle gain), both of which, according to the internet, are possibilities. I never knew your feet could grow especially in your 30's so I never knew this could be a problem for performance.

I hit up Nike this weekend and just tried on various sizes. I felt like I was shopping with my mom at footlocker trying on multiple sizes and seeing what feels perfect :rofl: But anyways.. my "old" size is no longer comfortable for me. I now am 1/2 to a full-size bigger than I was just a few years ago which is crazy to me and also annoying because I have quite the rotation of kicks that I can no longer play in without discomfort.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk but I really hope this information helps someone out there who may be going through the same thing.

Just a heads up to the older folk in here, if you're experiencing foot pain while playing it might not be you or your age but rather your shoe size. I've been dealing with issues as I mentioned for the past year or 2 and it wasn't making any sense.

Over the years I've only purchased shoes online because everything was locked down and going into a store didn't mean you were going to get what you want. So I just bought the size I knew, it would get delivered and that was it.

Recently I ended up measuring my feet and it looks like my feet have gotten wider (either with age or (healthy) weight/muscle gain), both of which, according to the internet, are possibilities. I never knew your feet could grow especially in your 30's so I never knew this could be a problem for performance.

I hit up Nike this weekend and just tried on various sizes. I felt like I was shopping with my mom at footlocker trying on multiple sizes and seeing what feels perfect :rofl: But anyways.. my "old" size is no longer comfortable for me. I now am 1/2 to a full-size bigger than I was just a few years ago which is crazy to me and also annoying because I have quite the rotation of kicks that I can no longer play in without discomfort.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk but I really hope this information helps someone out there who may be going through the same thing.
Same…I have been going half a size up ever since I hit my mid 30’s and sometimes a full size up and if I can’t go in store to fit a shoe I’ll order two sizes return the one that fits poorly, and if all still fails I would get the size that runs bigger and more comfortable just use thicker socks like elites and choke the lace a little bit.

Same…I have been going half a size up ever since I hit my mid 30’s and sometimes a full size up and if I can’t go in store to fit a shoe I’ll order two sizes return the one that fits poorly, and if all still fails I would get the size that runs bigger and more comfortable just use thicker socks like elites and choke the lace a little bit.

Glad I’m not the only one.

Luckily for me, I only bought 2 new shoes this year. All city 11 in my old size but they’re wide foot friendly, so no issues, and the kd15 which I had to get rid of as it was caused my feet to cramp within minutes of playing

Yeah my foot hasn’t grown at all (I’m 39) thank god cuz a .5 up would be hell to find kicks. TTS at sz 13 is perfect.

Wanted to get your opinions.
Looking for a new shoe this season for my son. He's 15 years old, about 5'9'', and 130 lbs.
Plays guard, quick, needs traction and something light.
He has two pair of Lebron XX and has enjoyed them.

Is there something better for his build?
KD 16? GT Cut 2? Something else?

Wanted to get your opinions.
Looking for a new shoe this season for my son. He's 15 years old, about 5'9'', and 130 lbs.
Plays guard, quick, needs traction and something light.
He has two pair of Lebron XX and has enjoyed them.

Is there something better for his build?
KD 16? GT Cut 2? Something else?
Or should we look at the Sabrina 1?

Was able to get a mini-hoop session in with my NBY Sabrina 1s. Went with 12.5 as I'm going to hoop in them regularly. Usually 12 is my go-to for casual wear and I've been going 1/2 size up for ball. I've ordered online from NDC for most of my recent releases, so that 12.5 has been available. Extra room was perfect and allowed me to doubled up with Nike ankle and crew Elite. I love the cushion set up. I was able to get a little shifty (not too much as I'm recovering from a slight knee injury) and also explode out of my back pedal on defense to change direction or contest the shot. The arch felt slightly hugher than my other recent pickups (AJ 38, Ja1, Hustle 2, Freak 5). No foot/leg fatigue nor pain/soreness afterwards. Tbh, these and the AJ 38s are the ones I'm most excited about running it back in. Haven't been in the lab consistently bc of the bum knee, but that will be changing as it's progressing quickly each day. Hope to get 2-3 good runs in this week.

20231022_163024.jpg

Huge difference there between the 38’s and the Sabrina’s… had a pair of each and returned them both. Need something more in the middle ground between those two.

Good review though

Huge difference there between the 38’s and the Sabrina’s… had a pair of each and returned them both. Need something more in the middle ground between those two.

Good review though
agree but was happy he was happy with that review. Sabrina's minimal to me, the least amount of cushion tech I'll go. But excited to keep wearing that full react, see if it opens up a bit.

Middle ground, go get some hustle 2's lol. Meanwhile you still in bron 20/21 right?

agree but was happy he was happy with that review. Sabrina's minimal to me, the least amount of cushion tech I'll go. But excited to keep wearing that full react, see if it opens up a bit.

Middle ground, go get some hustle 2's lol. Meanwhile you still in bron 20/21 right?
Haven’t gotten 21’s yet, but what’s my rotation you ask? Lol here goes…

Lebron 20 and the NXXT’s are current go to kicks. But the others I wear regularly include AJ 37, GT Cut 2, LBJ 2, PG 5, Kobe protro 4-6, Two and the WXY V3. Couple others that I tested recently but didn’t make the cut was Jordan 38, Luka 1 and KD 15.

People keep comparing the Sabrina 1s to the Kobe 5 protro, Is that really the case? Are they even more minimal than those?

Was able to get a mini-hoop session in with my NBY Sabrina 1s. Went with 12.5 as I'm going to hoop in them regularly. Usually 12 is my go-to for casual wear and I've been going 1/2 size up for ball. I've ordered online from NDC for most of my recent releases, so that 12.5 has been available. Extra room was perfect and allowed me to doubled up with Nike ankle and crew Elite. I love the cushion set up. I was able to get a little shifty (not too much as I'm recovering from a slight knee injury) and also explode out of my back pedal on defense to change direction or contest the shot. The arch felt slightly hugher than my other recent pickups (AJ 38, Ja1, Hustle 2, Freak 5). No foot/leg fatigue nor pain/soreness afterwards. Tbh, these and the AJ 38s are the ones I'm most excited about running it back in. Haven't been in the lab consistently bc of the bum knee, but that will be changing as it's progressing quickly each day. Hope to get 2-3 good runs in this week.

20231022_163024.jpg
Seems like you don't have many sessions in in the 38's. How are they holding up for you so far? People have been reporting outsole issue within the first few hours of hooping in them.

20231022_163024.jpg
how are u liking the freak 5? could u do a lil write up on them

Seems like you don't have many sessions in in the 38's. How are they holding up for you so far? People have been reporting outsole issue within the first few hours of hooping in them.
Played un the 38s three times so far. I really like them. I haven't checked the outsoles but also haven't noticed any give in the traction that would have made me check either. I've been running in lows lately so the higher cut gives me a throwback feel that I'm really diggin' with the added cushion.

how are u liking the freak 5? could u do a lil write up on them

I've given up on them. They started causing pain at the base of my achilles/top of my heel. I've tried with several different sock styles and heights as well as trying both 12 and 12.5. Already returned the 12.5. Had a guy that wanted to trade for a pair of TB Sab 1s but backed out.

Current rotation. 20s, Kobe 5 and Infinity’s getting the most burn out the bunch. 11s, Kyrie 4 and Kobe 4 getting the least because of my old *** knees and back 😂. Usually just use those when I’m shooting around. I need to add more 20s before they dry up. Not really feeling the 21s…yet. 😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 287
I've given up on them. They started causing pain at the base of my achilles/top of my heel. I've tried with several different sock styles and heights as well as trying both 12 and 12.5. Already returned the 12.5. Had a guy that wanted to trade for a pair of TB Sab 1s but backed out.
aww man fr? do u have wide feet? i heard they are narrrower than the 4s...sounds like wat happened to me with the 37 lows

IMG_3640.png

IMG_3653.png

Anyone know what type of socks these are or have recommendations for socks this height? I typically wear Stance Full Strike basketball socks (loved those and they were very well padded and cushioned), but am running out of new pairs lol. Huge fan of the height of these in the pic.
I was looking into Thorlo’s but haven’t scooped a pair yet.

JS”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom