Nike Cosmic Unity - Nike's First Sustainable Basketball Sneaker (Retail $120-150)

These are actually pretty dope. If I could actually go to a gym to shoot hoops, I'd be tempted to give them a go.
I pray my gym doesn’t shut down again. So far we gotta reserve it so I go before I gotta get online for work. Had like 4 pairs of shoes I was waiting to rock once it opened haha so I feel you man. These look like they might not last outdoors either, but remains to see how the outsole is constructed.

1612500137922.jpeg

That black pair would be nice if they didn’t go with that greenish color as the midsole... I wonder if these will be on Nike By You.

That black pair would be nice if they didn’t go with that greenish color as the midsole... I wonder if these will be on Nike By You.

I highly doubt it, since some of the materials are recycled so I think having them as custom materials would be really tough job for Nike.

But you never know, I also hope these could be iDed, have some fire CWs in mind i would love to try!

I pray my gym doesn’t shut down again. So far we gotta reserve it so I go before I gotta get online for work. Had like 4 pairs of shoes I was waiting to rock once it opened haha so I feel you man. These look like they might not last outdoors either, but remains to see how the outsole is constructed.

That's funny you mention that because I've been hoarding bball kicks since March, waiting for the gyms to open up again. I was actually looking into getting these to just practice with outside but I may just use the Kyrie's for that now.

It is kinda weird to me that over the past three years we have had the AlphaDunk, Zoom BB NXT, and now this.

All three distinct shoes, with different tech, and the first two didn't get sequels.

So I am doubtful we see a Cosmic Unity 2.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to get these on the 26th. Need new ball shoes.

Anyone know of any legit sneaker customizers? Want to paint the midsole black if I don’t like the green in person.

It is kinda weird to me that over the past three years we have had the AlphaDunk, Zoom BB NXT, and now this.

All three distinct shoes, with different tech, and the first two didn't get sequels.

So I am doubtful we see a Cosmic Unity 2.
The BB NXT released in June. Seems early to say it didn't get a sequel, unless I missed the news that it won't.

The BB NXT released in June. Seems early to say it didn't get a sequel, unless I missed the news that it won't.
They were revealed in February of last year. Not just leaked, but Nike had marketing out for them and their tech.

Seems like Covid and no Olympics messed up their original plans for them. And they just started releasing them in the summer.

The Flyease version of them was canceled

So maybe there will be another sequel in the summer, I dunno it doesn't seem like there will be.

They were revealed in February of last year. Not just leaked, but Nike had marketing out for them and their tech.

Seems like Covid and no Olympics messed up their original plans for them. And they just started releasing them in the summer.

The Flyease version of them was canceled

So maybe there will be another sequel in the summer, I dunno it doesn't seem like there will be.

Good point.

I wonder if they're basing these decisions off numbers or making a bunch of one offs is their plan.

Good point.

I wonder if they're basing these decisions off numbers or making a bunch of one offs is their plan.
Me too

Like when they debuted the Alphadunk they said it was the replacement for the Hyperdunk

But they were one and done. Hell they didn't even make a low top version

Back
Top Bottom