Nike Cuts Ties with Several Small, Local Retailers - EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2013 - MORE TO COME

THIS NEEDS TO GO ON IN NYC I KNOW ALOT OF STORES IN NYC LIKE THIS [/B

View media item 366425
this store is the biggest cook in the sneaker retail business in ny state

View media item 366509this place is next to spicy action
both stores are cooks
one is just a little worse then the other

their are other stores all around the 5 boro's in nyc that do the same thing by over charging

im not talking about $10.00 or $20.00 ( in the early 2000's that was a big deal)

i talking $100.00 to $200.00 sometimes more

this place is a well known crooked local nyc chain store
View media item 366427
there are 100's of other locations i could list

more crooks
View media item 366429
View media item 366430
all these places look at the online prices and follow them

if you ask why they chage so much the shop owners cry nike makes then buy all this other crap they cant sell or mark up

i can understand that but why take advantage so much

why all because of money

nike & these stores dont give a damn about the customer

nike's customers really are not the general public
its these scum bag retail locations

all the stores on fulton st in downtown bk
jamaican ave in queens
grand concourse in the bronx
all charge $100.00's over retail have been doing so for years

dont forget if these stores have true nike account's

a well known family has sneaker retail stores all over the 5 boro's of nyc doing the same thing
nike chargers them 53% of the box price that done not include shipping costs

i dont know how it is in any other state but if because of the price stores charge nike need to take a look at the nyc market

Last edited:
i don't think this is about backdoor dealings and slightly inflated selling prices but more about getting out of certain "hoods". i haven't shopped at any of those locations nor talked to any nike/jb reps. just my thoughts..  

i have to agree i think nike really does not give a damn what a retail store charges

if nike really cared about the price of what stores charge for their merchandise send undercover nike reps to nyc stores before a retro or foam release

i think nike is trying to be upscale

Last edited:
i expect alot more ..like the spot clezzie said was selling blk and gold 1's for 225 to 250 up in the bx 

I personally think that it will not affect the retail landscape but those who have relationships with store owners and get their supply early and probably get a percentage. Nike is doing their job, got to hand it to them. Make collecting Nostalgic again!

I was just in the real mccoy store on cecil b moore at temple 2 weeks ago. it probably has to do with them selling J's at resellers prices. HGG's was going for $250!  How the hell retail stores overcharging!?!?!  asian lady at the register only comment about the cost of the sneaks was "they are sold out everywhere else in the city"!  And because of that you are "entitled" to overcharge!?!?!  GOOD RIDDENS CROOKS!

Im quite sure this is only the beginning....

I've never bought a shoe for a mom and pops shop so I actually see this as a good thing that those pairs will go to RSVP @ NTs, online, raffles by FTL, etc. :smokin Hopefully they crack down on all shady spots.

Sucks for those of you that relied on them tho.

This...
That also means more ppl at the lines too and if you live in the areas mentioned in the article like I do than that means Cherry Hill HOH will be EVEN MORE flooded :smh:
Its ridiculous around there

Last edited:
like i said i think nike is trying to go upscale and tighten where their product's go

you have to remember nike makes these places sign a contract

thats why a nike/jordan retail account is worth its weight in platinum not gold

Last edited:
THIS NEEDS TO GO ON IN NYC I KNOW ALOT OF STORES IN NYC LIKE THIS [/B

View media item 366425
this store is the biggest cook in the sneaker retail business in ny state

their are other stores all around the 5 boro's in nyc that do the same thing by over charging

im not talking about $10.00 or $20.00 ( in the early 2000's that was a big deal)

i talking $100.00 to $200.00 sometimes more

this place is a well known crooked local nyc chain store
View media item 366427
there are 100's of other locations i could list

more crooks
View media item 366429
View media item 366430
all these places look at the online prices and follow them

if you ask why they chage so much the shop owners cry nike makes then buy all this other crap they cant sell or mark up

i can understand that but why take advantage so much

why all because of money

nike & these stores dont give a damn about the customer

nike's customers really are not the general public
its this scum bag locations

all the stores on fulton st in downtown bk jamaican av in queens grand concourse in the bronx
all charge $100.00 are have been doing so for years

dont forget if these stores have true nike account's

a well know family has sneaker retail all over the 5 boro's of nyc does the same thing
nike chargers them 53% of the box price that done not include shipping costs

i dont know how it is in any other state but if because of the price stores charge nike need to take a look at the nyc market

SON...Those Indian/Paki/Arab store owners on Fulton Ave in BK are THEE WORST. Come to find out, one of em drives down to Philly every Saturday with about 5-8 people (usually aged between 11-17, males and females...prolly the whole family) and BUYS UP ALL STOCK. I see this ****** and his family every saturday and I want to punch them all in the face. Luckily, Villa (one of his main targets) does tickets now so they came down for nothing for the recent releases (HGG 13) and I haven't seen them in a few weeks.

But it's like I said...that selling over box price is business as usual in pretty much EVERY mom and pop in NYC. I dont really bang with the Bronx, and Jamaica ave is just SOOO far on the train that I mostly just rock with Fulton mall (well used to, word got out and all the hot stuff that WAS there has been sold), but you would be foolish to think that Nike doesn't know what's going on...

Also, I dont think a lot of those Fulton Mall spots got Nike accounts, which changes everything...

I agree with Nike trying to be more upscale. If they were all about cutting out shady dealings then I think they'd be terminating contracts of half the mom and pop stores out there. Thinking this is about Nike prob trying to build more stores around the country and cutting out more of the middle men where they see fit.

Theres a store I used to buy from years ago that claims they don't get many releases however theyll have unpopular releases or only a few sizes of a release. I would LOVE to report them, anyone know how to?

SON...Those Indian/Paki/Arab store owners on Fulton Ave in BK are THEE WORST. Come to find out, one of em drives down to Philly every Saturday with about 5-8 people (usually aged between 11-17, males and females...prolly the whole family) and BUYS UP ALL STOCK. I see this ****** and his family every saturday and I want to punch them all in the face. Luckily, Villa (one of his main targets) does tickets now so they came down for nothing for the recent releases (HGG 13) and I haven't seen them in a few weeks.

But it's like I said...that selling over box price is business as usual in pretty much EVERY mom and pop in NYC. I dont really bang with the Bronx, and Jamaica ave is just SOOO far on the train that I mostly just rock with Fulton mall (well used to, word got out and all the hot stuff that WAS there has been sold), but you would be foolish to think that Nike doesn't know what's going on...

Also, I dont think a lot of those Fulton Mall spots got Nike accounts, which changes everything...

some do have accounts but they get the smallest amount of shoes jordan/foam shoes
like you said these guys drive down to Philly and get more stock there
they always have cash on hand

I don't see why these places are surprised my homie in Denver has a connect for foams and always gets them as soon as the store does. So why would they think they're not under the huge microscope Nike has? These mom and pop shops aren't exactly my idea of a good idea when they sell early, sell late, sell at resell prices, etc....I think it's a move in the right direction; now only if they could do something about their ethics and quality control, but that's wishful thinking I guess
roll.gif

back to the thread. How do these shady spots get the Nike endorsement to sell products in the first place? Is it a marketing ploy from Nike for "quickstrikes"?

i have to agree i think nike really does not give a damn what a retail store charges

if nike really cared about the price of what stores charge for their merchandise send undercover nike reps to nyc stores before a retro or foam release

i think nike is trying to be upscale
Nike is not trying to upscale, they are trying to streamline their retail business and accounts. Some guy argued back and forth with me about 10 pages straight that nike was retailer freindly.

What Nike is about to do is change the business model and follow in the likes of Apple. You will be seeing more releases set for nike outlets and factory store like the KD V's. Nike is not interested in shipping shoes to a shop that is only getting 30-40 pairs. They are looking to fill orders from major retailers only or sell them direct. Nike is slowly realizing that with the current technology Brick and Motar is becoming less important and less cost effeicient, especially when they have their own retail stores to start with. Mom and Pops are just first to go, next regional chains, in which they will use the excuse that they can't compete because alot of stores get stuck with non retro items. 

I need to go back and find the post where some guy called me stupid when I predicted this was about to happen middle, end of last year.

Last edited:
I never bought from Mom and Pop stores but out here on LI there are some shops that sell at resellers price and one especially in the Green Acre Mall (dont know the store name  but its across cinnabon and next to g&c i believe) but anyway they were selling breds before the release in december last year around october/november time for 350 + tax and foams for 325 each. 
mean.gif

Thanks for the insight from Philly AP. And more detailed info about NYC spots 160. Always interesting to hear first hand accounts and information.

Nike is definitely about themselves number 1, but whether its a move to put their products in spots that can correctly market it or to streamline business (both ideas I think are behind this), I think Nike does have an obligation to some of these longstanding stores in less affluent areas that really put their shoes at the forefront of the industry.

Zoom air bags and light materials will still only sell so many shoes, and at $180-$235 a pop there's a cap on what people will buy just to run into the ground on a court. These shoes are strictly fashion for a huge portion of their customers, and some of these shops and the neighborhoods they are in are what gave Nike the image they have now. And now that they've run their course in Nike's business plan, they want to pull their shoes out of shops in these areas. These shops and areas used to be what sold a lot of these items and made these items the most popular. But now that every Tom, Harry, Jamal, Aziz, Chang, Juan, and Dirk in the world are all customers buying every release, maybe Nike doesn't feel like they need that "hood" presence. Maybe we'll see a store like Mercer in every large city as Nike's attempt to not completely commercialize their product into shipping malls, although that failed at that store lol. Definitely some good stuff in here.

Last edited:
this dont affect me since i dont have any mom and pops stores in my area but i wish the manager at champs would get in trouble for telling customers that they dont have the shoes and then buying the stock up and selling them on craiglist.

to get said nike account u most spend a minimum of 150k a yr in apparel and shoes

12 grand a month and u have to carry all the trash along with the good **** to get said account

nike also does not want their product in places where the interior or exterior is deemed undesirable 

they also dont want to come in stores with accounts and see new releases going over box price

nike feels like its spreading itsself thin again.....so the mom and pops gonna get hit the hardest 

the market is peaking soon...2014 2015 then things will calm down till the next wave 

this move makes 100% sense. Some of those stores must of made a killing from resell prices WHILE purchasing products from Nike under what we consumers pay.

to get said nike account u most spend a minimum of 150k a yr in apparel and shoes

12 grand a month and u have to carry all the trash along with the good **** to get said account

nike also does not want their product in places where the interior or exterior is deemed undesirable 

they also dont want to come in stores with accounts and see new releases going over box price

nike feels like its spreading itsself thin again.....so the mom and pops gonna get hit the hardest 

the market is peaking soon...2014 2015 then things will calm down till the next wave 
That must be the criteria for new accounts! 

Haha I know exactly the family you're talking about man, it's crazy. I use to see them everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom