Nike Cuts Ties with Several Small, Local Retailers - EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2013 - MORE TO COME

My first post. I use to work at transit/Michael k/ active wear house. They have a store a in Newport mall in jersey city too. The owner is the biggest whole ever. He has 3 eBay stores lordofthesole, solemaster2012 and one more with the initials KFu. Instead of giving his 5 stores the new releases he would give each store about 20-25 pairs and sell the rest on eBay. Nike has been called because he does not have the authority to sell on ebay. He is violating his contract. The owners name is Haim Kedmi..
They mark up sneakers over 100%. The breds in men's sizes are being sold for $325. $250 gs sizes. The 13's he is selling for $325. The gmp's he was selling for $750 but finally lowered to $500. They get the sneakers early and will sell them the day they receive them but will not give the customer a receipt so they don't get caught. They mark up prices on everything. I hope Nike catches him and snatches his contract.

i know Haim somewhat

he had to change all his manhattan locations because of rent

look im not saying their should not be somewhat of a mark up
because nike makes these stores take stuff they cant move as quickly but $100.00 over release is nuts on each release
they dont give a damn about long time customers or any customer for that matter

all these stores need to be put on notice by nike

Last edited:
i know Haim somewhat

because nike makes these stores take stuff they cant move as quickly but $100.00 over release is nuts on each release

exactly $20-30 extra would suffice if they truly just wanted to make the money back from the crap they cant sell even at clearance, but no, they charge FC prices and sometimes even more. Might as well just chill in the soho area and cop at FC instead of going to those ****** stores.

i know Haim somewhat

Yeah he could no longer afford the rent but he could sell Jordan's for retail but he keeps getting greedier. He makes more money now but cut commission and hours for his employees. His managers even tell the employees he commits tax fraud. If that's true I don't know.

Also add Magic sneakers and Mario's shoes in Jersey City to this. Magic sneaker sells a lot of counterfeit items and they don't have contracts so they wait until other stores have big sales so they can buy sneakers. Mario's just jacks up prices.

i think places like Flight Club may be targeted soon as well...it is a glorified reseller store

Mr. Joe's USED to sell Retro's at retail but have turned to the dark side as recently as the XIII's...smh.

Mr. Joe's USED to sell Retro's at retail but have turned to the dark side as recently as the XIII's...smh.
dude i went there last year and they were charging extra even then. All of those shops on the 8th avenue strip between 34th and 42nd charge premiums. They tryed to get me for $275 for sz.14 olympic 7's, guy working there said that was the best price he could offer smdh

One of Nike's maxims since about '09 or '10 has been: 'Premium is our ethos'. This is evident in their ever increasing prices and some of the product lines but not their product quality.

However what you're seeing here is essentially Nike adopting a business model similar to Apple. In fact Nike could just as easily adopt a business model like Amazons and eliminate brick & mortar altogether.

I doubt any major chains would be able to survive if nike decided to pull their accounts.
Im not sure if you guys remember.. but few years ago.. FTL wasnt allowed to sell any jordan retros. We all know FTL is a major chain, and they were almost crippled from just jordan retros.
Just got back into buying Jordans again last November. Anyway, I was curious about the statement about FTL not being allowed to sell Jordan retros. What happened there?Thanks

dude i went there last year and they were charging extra even then. All of those shops on the 8th avenue strip between 34th and 42nd charge premiums. They tryed to get me for $275 for sz.14 olympic 7's, guy working there said that was the best price he could offer smdh
They must have liked me then. I copped my son's Bed IV's for retail last year, he's in mens sizes. That was the last time I even tried for anything there until the Wht/Red XIII.  I know the rest of them been overcharging for a while.

Consignment shops don't have NIKE accounts.  I doubt they can be stopped by NIKE from consignment selling.  If that's the case then NIKE will then target eBay sellers....doubt that will happen.  Although....Disney is very particular on who sells their merchandise.

$225 compared to $350(even more at some spots smh), which would you chose? At $225 ppl in nyc would buy up the whole stock
Thank you for makin me appreciate the fact that I don't live in NYC. $225 is bad considerin no tax in PA, but nowhere near as bad as that $350 they stingin dudes for there.

i know Haim somewhat

Yes I hope Nike is looking @ this and pull nike merchandise from all those scumbag stores Haim owns...I highly doubt if those stores survives off their Northface products etc

They must have liked me then. I copped my son's Bed IV's for retail last year, he's in mens sizes. That was the last time I even tried for anything there until the Wht/Red XIII.  I know the rest of them been overcharging for a while.
I meant Ajays was trying to get me for $275 but im almost sure mr.joes was chargin extra as well. You may have gotten away with it since you wear size 16 and those are difficult to sell.

Yes I hope Nike is looking @ this and pull nike merchandise from all those scumbag stores Haim owns...I highly doubt if those stores survives off their Northface products etc
lol this aint 2005, aint nobody except north face surviving off north face alone

i got no problem with mom and pop stores that are doing shady business getting shut down.

for the person that spoke about politics...they tried to charge me $800 for lebron 9 south beach on RD. 

Back
Top Bottom