Nike Cuts Ties with Several Small, Local Retailers - EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2013 - MORE TO COME

People are giving various why these stores are getting shutdown with the being sad Nike isn't playing no games. My guess is that 90% of mom and pop stores sell over retail with there limited number of hot items they have to that's they only way they can make money I'm expecting a lot of stores to lose there nike accounts REALLY REALLY SOON!

Last edited:
I have probably walked past it a few times in the Bel Air Mall and never noticed it. After you made the City Gear comment I realized that City Gear extended beyond the Houston Area. I can't remember any real good places to buy shoes out there unless they're GR. What does CG carry out there? Anything special? Or do you have to do the online thing?
they get some stuff. they got all of the NA Air Jordan 1s , but I got screwed over on the Royals there because they sold their FSR to people who paid double retail. really sad. and the lie they told was "we didn't get em. our shipment failed" even though the manager had a size 9 in hand. really pissed me off.

they get some stuff. they got all of the NA Air Jordan 1s , but I got screwed over on the Royals there because they sold their FSR to people who paid double retail. really sad. and the lie they told was "we didn't get em. our shipment failed" even though the manager had a size 9 in hand. really pissed me off.

Wow, I'm surprised Mobile even got Royals to be honest.

Wow, I'm surprised Mobile even got Royals to be honest.

Starting to happen overseas too...a shop in the UK reported on facebook that Nike took back their shipment of the Retro 8 White/red/black because they had a deal with footlocker making it exclusive to their stores only.

Starting to happen overseas too...a shop in the UK reported on facebook that Nike took back their shipment of the Retro 8 White/red/black because they had a deal with footlocker making it exclusive to their stores only.
That was a deal between FootLocker Europe and JB. FTL wanted those to be an exclusive for them in Europe and it seems that JB granted that proposition

That was a deal between FootLocker Europe and JB. FTL wanted those to be an exclusive for them in Europe and it seems that JB granted that proposition

That happened in Canada the last time the playoff 8s released.

Doesn't this discredit your previous comments about Jordan Brand/Nike canceling accounts due to failures to upgrade locations and appearances!

Doesn't this discredit your previous comments about Jordan Brand/Nike canceling accounts due to failures to upgrade locations and appearances!
How? Please explain.
The situation with the "Bugs Bunny" 8's being pulled from retailers in EUROPE was a power struggle between FTL Europe and Nike/JB. NIKE cancelling stores' accounts in the US, more specifically the few shops in the South Jersey/Philly area has nothing to do with Foot Locker or Foot Locker Europe. How do either one of those situations have anything to do with the other?

How? Please explain.
The situation with the "Bugs Bunny" 8's being pulled from retailers in EUROPE was a power struggle between FTL Europe and Nike/JB. NIKE cancelling stores' accounts in the US, more specifically the few shops in the South Jersey/Philly area has nothing to do with Foot Locker or Foot Locker Europe. How do either one of those situations have anything to do with the other?
Didn't you say that Nike granted their proposition? A proposition that undoubtedly took stock from other stores, due to the fact they they grant this agreement to allow the exclusive excess to the release. And you were replying to a post wheras the OP was stating that stock got taken or canceled from a smaller shop and sent to FTL. So you connect the dots as to how it relates to those few shops in South Jersey/Philly and remeber the post title says "more to come!"

Didn't you say that Nike granted their proposition? A proposition that undoubtedly took stock from other stores, due to the fact they they grant this agreement to allow the exclusive excess to the release. And you were replying to a post wheras the OP was stating that stock got taken or canceled from a smaller shop and sent to FTL. So you connect the dots as to how it relates to those few shops in South Jersey/Philly and remeber the post title says "more to come!"
You are talking about 2 totally separate situations, which I was as well. The situation in Europe is not tied into what this actual thread is about, I was just responding a comment someone else had shared and I added my opinion from what I've been told. This thread is about a few local spots in South Jersey/Philly area, neither one is in Europe.

In addition, the stores in Europe were not told they lost their Nike Accounts. To stores that already received a particular sneaker, Nike requested they be sent back as FootLocker Europe wanted them as an exclusive in their market. NOONE SAID THESE STORES IN EUROPE LOST OR ARE LOSING THEIR ACCOUNTS. THE FEW STORES HIGHLIGHTED IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY ARE LOSING THEIR ACCOUNTS.

You are talking about 2 totally separate situations, which I was as well. The situation in Europe is not tied into what this actual thread is about, I was just responding a comment someone else had shared and I added my opinion from what I've been told. This thread is about a few local spots in South Jersey/Philly area, neither one is in Europe.
In addition, the stores in Europe were not told they lost their Nike Accounts. To stores that already received a particular sneaker, Nike requested they be sent back as FootLocker Europe wanted them as an exclusive in their market. NOONE SAID THESE STORES IN EUROPE LOST OR ARE LOSING THEIR ACCOUNTS. THE FEW STORES HIGHLIGHTED IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY ARE LOSING THEIR ACCOUNTS.
I understand fully the point you were making but I was just speaking to the fact that Nike can/will impose it's will over it's merchandise, without regard for smaller businesses. The major retailers are sort in in a Wal-Mart type situation because of the amount of stock they move for Nike. I remember watching a special on Wal-Mart in which they reported that Wal-Mart basically told Huffy bike company how much they were going to pay per bike or they wouldn't buy any. Huffy in turn had to sell them at the price due to Wal-Mart being their biggest retail account. Wal-Mart was basically keeping them out the red.

They may not seem as if it applies at first glance to this scenario but just think about it. Nike/JB all of a sudden is cracking down on small account holders, meanwhile in Europe they let them keep their account but took their new release retro stock! I think the only difference is that in Europe the network of chain retailers and internet sales capacities is not conducive to them yanking accounts yet. 

Just think, I'm a shoe store and you tell me to send back my entire run of release day retro Jordans. Do that a couple more times and the fact that you let me keep my account is irrelevant. And the European situation may not be what the thread is about but like i said, "more to come," couple with the fact that unlike Europe, in America Nike wouldn't  miss a beat without smaller shops and non- chain affiliates and hopefully you can see how the situations mirror each other.

That makes perfect sense, just couldn't understand why you were coming for my neck when everything I said was consistent

That makes perfect sense, just couldn't understand why you were coming for my neck when everything I said was consistent
Not coming for your neck. I just really enjoy your points of view and how well you defend them. Rarely ever get that on here, LOL. Plus I have seem the ugly side of big business and faced the struggles of small business.

Took a while for me to get interested in the larger aspect of the sneaker game. But from seeing a few of my friends experiences in opening their own stores you find out things that the average person may not have the opportunity to experience as far as th business side goes

I believe that if these locations loose their accounts then they might start looking at high quality fakes. Hope im wrong

I believe that if these locations loose their accounts then they might start looking at high quality fakes. Hope im wrong
I hope you're wrong, too. I wonder what the penatly would be if a store front was deemed to be selling fakes???

Back
Top Bottom