Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

ndc finally has the white/navy blue one's up with a pretty good size run...no 8s or 8.5s

Originally Posted by dcshiba

ndc finally has the white/navy blue one's up with a pretty good size run...no 8s or 8.5s

Just noticed that. Anyone else have the navy's???????

saw the wht/navy at NTLA but passed to get the cactus. I will get them later cuz they won't sell out like the other colors!

Went to dickssporting goods today and they had the cactus, blk/wh, and wh/blk/gry(which was really nice) colorways.....

Originally Posted by HMack007

Beat the crap out of em again today at practice. These shoes don't breathe too much and made my feet hot. Also did some laps around the field but these aren't really made for that. Sprints weren't that bad, but I still like my sparq trainer elites for that because they are more of a track shoe. Regardless, these shoes are great for impact work, lateral movement, change of direction, etc. Obviously they aren't a "testing" shoe but they keep your feet well supported. My teammates loved em and are getting theirs soon. BTW Haloti Ngata wears a size 17 cleat, FML!!

Most useful post in the almost 30 pages of this thread. Thanks

wallyhopp...how did you know they'd be hitting NDC today. Good tip. Looks like they're starting to put up inventory of the black and white versionnow. ordered my 9.5 earlier this morning but I'll have to wait 2-9 business days. couldn't spring for the expedited shipping. shoes were almost$110. ouch.

1st time poster but long time fan of the Nike cross training line since '87. Just got the Air Trainer 1 in the cactus color and have been testing theshoes out. Definitely run a 1/2 size small compared to my Air Zoom Trainers and Air Tennis Trainers in size 11. Only other 11.5 Nike I have needed is theLunarTrainer running shoe.

PROS: Ascetically pleasing design brings back some of the look of the original shoe. Nice 3/4 height that is supportive w/o cutting into the achilles. Lightweight for this 150 lb user and solid outersole traction. Surprising blush sock liner is removable to fit an orthotic or superfeet.

CONS: Upper materials wrinkle and buckle around the Nike swoosh and ankle collar which might cause fit issues. Less forefoot cushion compared to what thisuser would like due to the absence of zoom air, and flexing causes plenty of wrinkling in the upper materials around the toe.

Bottom Line: C+ to B- effort on a shoe that looks great and is super light but fails in the upper fit due to poor design and materials. Midsole lacks theforefoot cushioning you would expect in a cross trainer shoe. Definitely not up to par with the Air Zoom Trainer of '04. Still, I am happy to have Nikelooking back to the original Air Trainer High for inspiration, just maybe the designer should try the original pair on the next time.

^^^Love those shorts!!!
pimp.gif

I stopped in at my local Finishline today, and they had the grey/neon cw similar to the Bo Knows pack, as well as a white/grey/red/black colorway, kinda like awhite version of the B Roys
pimp.gif
Im hoping they'll still have a size 13 around when school starts for our workouts, this was exactly the colorway I waslooking for!

champs sports has the black/white, white/grey/blue and white/grey/red joints...plus a offer to get a free keychain if you try them on. Also, the employees arewearing special shirts that say "Champs Knows".
42426784c1e0a1ef8ec884ba0ace5c67b6a32ae1.pjpg
0b616c4cea138b83bce24209a0ae7cc9b26cd6c2.pjpg

the black/wthite go hard, i tried them on today and they are a lil stiff at first but they feel good after a while.

Good to hear that a few of the colorways are hitting chain stores. Just in time for a possible EA sale.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dcshiba

champs sports has the black/white, white/grey/blue and white/grey/red joints...plus a offer to get a free keychain if you try them on. Also, the employees are wearing special shirts that say "Champs Knows".
42426784c1e0a1ef8ec884ba0ace5c67b6a32ae1.pjpg
0b616c4cea138b83bce24209a0ae7cc9b26cd6c2.pjpg
i wish our champs in my town was doing this but they never do anything cool like that.

these are very solid for the price and look great. They could have done sooooo much more though

Dropped by NTSF today to see what they had...nothing new except that the employees were all wearing red "do you know" shirts...then I spotted it. Afree booklet about the trainer 1's of the past and the new trainer 1's...

Peep it

99226fe45ee481a9866895b360e3416c596d7200.pjpg

pics inside of the athletes endorsing:

363261f464e241bb8f9800be7ba874edd9ff3b22.pjpg
7b0268d43aec11aa8ec821bd726ecf1f7f80ac41.pjpg

backside talked about the past trainer 1's, bo jackson and john mcenroe.

9c83610c4fabea0f14be80218851b67914cedc59.pjpg

Do you guys think there will be p.e.'s of all those guys. I mean, we've seen the petersons, roys, tomlinsons(even though he's not in the book). And we're all hoping for the polamalu's...but how about some DAVID WRIGHT'S????????

I f'ing hate the steelers but it would be stupid NOT to make Troys shoe. These shoes are the truth PERFORMANCE wise people. If you don't wear these toworkout in and beat the crap out of and just buy them "to rock" you aren't even deserving of putting on an athletes shoe. Now if they would justhave more higher profile athletes. Sucks that Ray Suggs and Reed are with Under Armour. If T.O. wouldn't be such an %%%%!@$ he'd have his own. And weall know Vick would too if he didn't decide to be an idiot. I'm surprised Lebron and Kobe don't have PEs out.

Back
Top Bottom