Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

Originally Posted by BP the owner

added a few modifications...

eek.gif
SMOKEY, YOU PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!!

I seriously hope these don't disappoint.

Any & all of these imagined iterations would be good - as it is almost July it is probably too late for Nike to add on any of the suggestions.

As much as I would agree with Wally re: the addition / grevious injustice of omitting a lateral strap we all know Nike is K.I.S.S. on the cost cutting tip& more so with keeping spartan features on the shoe.

While a strap would legitimize it's purpose as a cross trainer & put a visual cue to shoeheads that "aha, it's a cross-trainer" my takeon it is that they purposely omitted the strap to keep it "available" and not too techy looking to bridge cross demo buyer appeal... Sad but with allthat said, bring it on, I'm buying.

As it is beyond my Vibram Five Finger KSOs I live in Nike Frees, Trainer Edge models, & Dynamic TRs in the gym so bring it on; I'd be glad to grab somemore pairs of this model...

Great PS work Wally & BP... Wally, thanks for the ZT1s - you are right the comfort is insane
smile.gif

Does anyone know if these will hit CANADA? This would be a tragedy if they didn't in decent cws...

I'm not going to miss the strap.

As much as I LOVE the Air Trainer 1, I came to appreciate it after its time as a premier training shoe - and I'm going to assume that back then, the use ofa strap was simply the best way to implement the support features they were aiming for. Yes, the strap does provide forefoot support, but it also adds a bit ofbulk and is sometimes a slight impedance in the way my foot flexes. Mind you, this is coming from a guy who owns about a half dozen pairs of AT1s.

In a modern trainer, I'm excited to see what kind of support Flywire can provide and having Air integrated into the Free outsole is intriguing. In terms ofpure aesthetics, I think there are enough visual retro cues to hint at its history...shadows of the AT1's profile and details; visible Air unit;checkerboard tongue; and my personal favorite, the large, stitched NIKE at the rear of both shoes.

It's exciting to see a shoe stand on its own and not just be a re-hashed version of an older shoe. The Zoom Trainer 1 accomplished that difficult feat, andI think these will do the same.

when i saw the release of the manny trainers 1
i really like how the whole concept look like & i
like these as well

Originally Posted by jbv1

I can only hope these hit CANADA in a decent colourway(s) & price point.
Not sure about what is coming out in June, but there is a "Team Canada Hockey" edition scheduled for release for winter for the 2010Olympics.

regarding those vids, When Nike wants a shoe to be a success, they know what to do. Places and people Ive never heard of covering this shoes big release. Whatmaterial do you all think the upper on the trainers are? in the sun, around the 45 second mark in the first video, it looks like a really thin shiny patentleather like upper.. Im guessing its truly a nice lightweight shoe that looks like the material is almost paper thin and quite flexible. Hard court lateralcuts will be a great test on the flywire.

AllDay AllNight, you definetly bring up a good point that maybe this day in age there are simply better alternatives than to have a velcro strap.. In theorythe three lace loops are connected via the flywire on the sides of the upper. So it appears to create a cocoon like fit.. I know a recent trainer that coveredthis was the zoom haven in 2000. No velcro strap but a lacing system that created a tight fit. Both carry very similar properties.. Even earlier on the zoomseismic was another shoe that had elements in the upper of the shoe that combined with the lace loops to create that tight fit.. i can definetly see theevolution of trainers going away from the pre historic velcro looking strap..

I'd guess only 4 out of the last 25-30 cross trainer models from 00 to 09 have featured velcro. So it makes sense to come to the understanding that newmodel making abilities and designs have counteracted the need for a strap. personally tinker and tom's creation in the zoom trainer in 04 combined so manyelements including velcro that its just truly hard for me to think of velcro as aging.

But like jbv1 has stated, maybe its more about making a shoe available combined with new technologies that make the use of velcro unneeded.

I'm just reading around at all these blogs and shoe site entries and many are wondering where the strap is, since watching the videos gave them indicationthat this new trainer was the one STEP up from the original. ie this being the rebirth model. But whats new from nike being so vague to its consumer audience?

Nike, what have we here?
From the 2nd, fanhouse video.
43e25cb4866f0c69cfebc29522b328de2a0f7a3.jpg

-3:28 mark in the vid.

laugh.gif
You can't leave anything out in the open with my keen eyes.

We're looking at an air trainer 1 retro of some sort with a tongue tag that appears to be identical to the new one in trainer 1 rendering photos

36c1554860c0c5badc362f96e29178246cef989.jpg
80e355244d6a612fcd9ecb60bc5dd32c96bd648.jpg

Are we looking at a new sample of whats to come?

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

shoes will probably be copped at an F&F or EA, for sure, but any word on those tees? My dad would probably like the Troy Knows, and my chick would flip ifi could get her one of those Fitz Knows...

adrian-peterson-nike-trainer-1-3.jpg

Look at the way the heel area of the upper, the tips of the two swooshes, and the bottom of the ankle's patent wrap all meet. Barely a millimeter or twoseparating all of those details, seamlessly merging in a really symmetric manner.

It's little things like that that you don't see on a lot of shoes anymore, but when you do see it, you appreciate it all the more. Great attention todetail.

It's going to be a shame wearing these babies into the ground when they drop
tongue.gif

All that sweet detailed stitching, patent leather creased, soles run down to nubs... it's going to be fun.

Better double up people. Leave me 2 pairs sz 11s or 11.5s please.

For those that might have advance pairsl how do they fit across the foot?

I have wide feet & don't want a repeat of the Kobe Trainer & SPARQ Trainer experience
frown.gif

Why would you put patent leather on a training shoe? Its heavier and less flexible than just plain old leather. Strictly for looks I'm guessing. Thatpatent at the achilles and ankle area sure looks stiff on those PEs
tired.gif

Silvers are def copped....$90.....why not 2. These r super fresh. I like Manny's more but all the CWs are straight fire. And I usually only rock 360 air orany full length air or full shox. So u know these r ridiculous. Can't wait to get my workout on in these. And my AM 2009's.....LOL. This shoe isbananas !!!!! Nike is doin em this year.

Back
Top Bottom