Nike Deion Sanders signature shoes

Yes he did! 🙏🙏🙏 I believe it was Phil Knight that was part of it (I could be wrong). He made amends. You should follow the Agassi thread in Retro. One of the best threads here. A bunch of us are old heads who watched Andre play his whole career and lots of us played in his shoes and clothing on our HS & or College teams.

I'll be 47 in a few months and I played in HS all 3 years (93-95). Wore all his shirts and shorts and shoes on the team. Heck, even my senior year team picture I was wearing his 95 FO outfit (barbed wire polo, black/teal checked shorts and my black/dark teal LWPs). Guess you didn't hear, but Nike brought back the Challenge Court line for the 2020 US Open, using Andre's 1990 ATC III volt/emerald shirt and denim shorts/spandex liner. Stuff SOLD OUT for the most part pretty darn quick. Shows that his stuff is still VERY popular and wanted. We in the thread are pining for any retro we can get.

Thanks for verifying that Agassi returned to Nike. It only made sense. It was awkward and terrible with him wearing Adidas at the end of his career. There was even speculation that his wife, Steffi Graf, influenced his switch to Adidas because she was a longtime client of theirs. The Nike Agassi stuff was popular in the early '90s because kids who didn't even watch or play tennis still wore it. It was so transcendent that Black kids who didn't follow tennis wore his shoes because it coincided with Jordans being popular around that time.

Although most athletes with Nike don't have official lifetime deals like Michael Jordan, LeBron James and Kevin Durant, I feel they should be kept in the loop with the brand with "unofficial" lifetime deals when they're retired based on their relevancy and popularity of their shoes during their playing careers. Those two reasons make it viable in the retro market. Deion Sanders along with Penny Hardaway & Andre Agassi should basically have "unofficial" lifetime deals with Nike because older fans will always identify them with the brand since they pretty much wore it during their playing careers and have an affinity for their shoes.

Correct me if wrong, but think I read the deal was $10 mil a year? If so, that must mean they have more in store than just retros. I say that to question how they may handle the logo.
I doubt they’d bring him just to throw the new logo on OGs, but it is Nike, and Deion lol. Got a feeling they’ll put the new logo on retro+ colorways and whatever new products they make under his name. At least I’m hoping that’s the route they’ll go…

Need some new pairs of the DT max 96's.
Screenshot_20230711_131605_eBay.jpg

Used to rock these heavily in the late 2010's. Until my feet grew a half inch 😔

Had the black/whites. These were slept on but turned heads like crazy! Idk if I’d rock these today as a casual since my style has changed but I’m ready to hit a few errands in them

Happy to get some more DT's back in my collection. They're one of the few mid's I would wear daily.

But was there a clause or something in Deion's contract that prevented them from retro'ing these sooner when he wasn't signed? Just curious...

Happy to get some more DT's back in my collection. They're one of the few mid's I would wear daily.

But was there a clause or something in Deion's contract that prevented them from retro'ing these sooner when he wasn't signed? Just curious...
I doubt it, just Nike giving us everything we don’t want.

The volume of heat that came outta Nike in the 90s was just insane

Yes it was!!! 🙏🙏🙏 Absolutely NO comparison vs today's shoes. I could name 2 dozen shoes easily off the top of my head (and there are TONS more) from the 90s that I would want over ANYTHING brand new from Nike today.

man, I need these cleats to come out!
I'm rocking them casually just like the dudes wearing air max golf cleats in the streets

Back
Top Bottom