Nike Deion Sanders signature shoes

What are these?
Air 24 Diamond. Prime wore em in ATL. Coldest cleats in the game at the time.
IMG_0767.jpeg

Sad part is, Nike can't recreate this. Bulk of shoe sales are off retroes
I agree with you and the dude you quoted. What I think adds to the 90s shoes is just about all of them were actually worn by players. It was like wow he got the barkleys, Rodmans, deions, Pippens, Barry sanders, Payton’s etc…
it’s so different now with only basketball player kicks, and then they don’t even wear the released colors

Seems like Nike is dropping the ball right now on not capitalizing on the Prime hype and dropping some retros. Clearly they have the upper (dating back to last year) so how long does it take to make a midsole?

Beat me to it. Not like they anticipated ANY of this happening, especially Deion's return to the brand. I'd think next summer at the absolute earliest, and even THAT is pushing it.

Yeah, it was one thing for him to be sort of forced to be with Nike with Colorado. There was also the matter of Deion's Under Armour contract. I'm sure Nike and UA had to come to some sort of agreement or buy out. Then just regular conversation and smoothing over past issues with Deion. That wouldn't have been quick.

Plus they might need to make new molds now since they'll probably be using Deion's logo like they did Andre's.

Yeah, it was one thing for him to be sort of forced to be with Nike with Colorado. There was also the matter of Deion's Under Armour contract. I'm sure Nike and UA had to come to some sort of agreement or buy out. Then just regular conversation and smoothing over past issues with Deion. That wouldn't have been quick.

Plus they might need to make new molds now since they'll probably be using Deion's logo like they did Andre's.
On top of that sourcing materials and factories to get retro production up and running on top of their ongoing production schedule. Like Jshort said early summer next year at least. I’d be expect something by holiday next year

It's not that easy and simple to produce kicks

I know sigs are planned out a year in advance for Q&A, design and manufacturing but that typically involves building a whole new last and tooling. With the upper of the DT96 existing and this shoe having been manufactured as recently as 2018 (I think) my thinking was they could rush these to a factory for an end of the year release.

Some good points raised in here about contracts, mending past relationships, logos, and factory locations that could further delay by 'rushed' timeline.

Idea: Have the DT be the Nike Jackie Robinson Day shoe.

It's probably too late for next season, but for 2025 I think DTs in a Brooklyn Dodgers colorway would be fire, and Prime's Colorado squad will probably be a lot better by then 🙃😂

Back
Top Bottom