Nike Employee's

Perhaps someone can help me in this thread. I just got back from the Nike clearance store. While I was in line the person ahead of me had a return. It was the Jordan 3lab5 threes. After he returned it I walked up to the register and said that I would like to buy them. I even told them that I would pay the retail price. The employee who took the shoes claiming to be a manager said that they have to hold onto them for 48 hours. Because they are a clearance store something about corporate having to mark them down.

Is this true? Or was dude just trying to cop them for himself and use his discount?

Same situation happened to me earlier this week. While at another Nike clearance store a customer ahead of me return some Kobes. Right after he returned them they were able to mark then down and sell them to me for $20 under retail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you might've been played. Sometimes you can't just someone's word.

Perhaps someone can help me in this thread. I just got back from the Nike clearance store. While I was in line the person ahead of me had a return. It was the Jordan 3lab5 threes. After he returned it I walked up to the register and said that I would like to buy them. I even told them that I would pay the retail price. The employee who took the shoes claiming to be a manager said that they have to hold onto them for 48 hours. Because they are a clearance store something about corporate having to mark them down.

Is this true? Or was dude just trying to cop them for himself and use his discount?

Same situation happened to me earlier this week. While at another Nike clearance store a customer ahead of me return some Kobes. Right after he returned them they were able to mark then down and sell them to me for $20 under retail.

Any help would be appreciated.
A lot of Nike Factory/Clearance stores do that now because of people trying to work the system.

An example would be if lets say 2 guys go in and one of them returns a pair of Foamposites that they bought from NDC which were $250. Normally at factory stores they ring up at $130-$150. The 2nd person would then go and buy them and save that extra $100 for the first person.

They do it to prevent people from working the system which is why they put shoes normally on a 2 day hold so that it prevents people from trying to rebuy the shoes they returned at a lesser price. Another reason why they would hold shoes is because it does not have a ring up price and they have to send a request somewhere in order to get a price in their system.

Yeah so technically you didn't get jipped or anything they are just following an unwritten policy.

Is there a way to tell beforehand what releases will be discounted and which ones will not?

I guess i find it odd that some of the lebron releases were discounted, others werent......Same thing with the KD`s, but NONE of the new KD`s have been discounted but none of them were "limited" product.

Its hit or miss, like with the Foamposites. The concords and the volts were discounted immediately, but the triple black werent discounted at all. The purple XI are on CLEARANCE now and still arent discounted with he 40% off, while other models are.

Whats up with that?

Got a quick question for the Nike employees. I have an interview for a part time position at a local Nike Factory store, being that its part time whats the normal amount of hours I can expect to work in a shift? Also how many total hours in a week should I expect? 

Is there a way to tell beforehand what releases will be discounted and which ones will not?

I guess i find it odd that some of the lebron releases were discounted, others werent......Same thing with the KD`s, but NONE of the new KD`s have been discounted but none of them were "limited" product.

Its hit or miss, like with the Foamposites. The concords and the volts were discounted immediately, but the triple black werent discounted at all. The purple XI are on CLEARANCE now and still arent discounted with he 40% off, while other models are.

Whats up with that?
From what I have heard the only way to find out is to call Swoosh or e-mail swoosh, but you really won't know for sure until the actual day for sure. If the item is not discounted at all then i doubt it will be discounted even when its clearance out; who knows how that works.

Got a quick question for the Nike employees. I have an interview for a part time position at a local Nike Factory store, being that its part time whats the normal amount of hours I can expect to work in a shift? Also how many total hours in a week should I expect? 
Bump, got an interview tomorrow trying to see how I'm going to put down my availability.... 

My friend works at Niketown, dont know if ita the same but part time under means under 25 hours I believe. Part time over is over 25.

Its like any retail job, depending on the season and how busy your store is, you can get 10 hours to 30+ a week.

My friend works at Niketown, dont know if ita the same but part time under means under 25 hours I believe. Part time over is over 25.

Its like any retail job, depending on the season and how busy your store is, you can get 10 hours to 30+ a week.
Appreciate it bro, you the real MVP :'( 

as soon as you get your employee number... dont abuse it
Props. Hopefullly I get it soon, theres these kicks that I want & only a half size up from me is left. I won't abuse it, i'm not into kicks like that anymore.

(Watch me have bought like 40pairs of kicks in a month)

Is anybody still working for nike,try to get some help to get bulk orders from nike for a little cheaper price|really hope someone corporate with me,.

Lol my friend did that for Nikr. Unless your store has an account with them, thats basically impossible.

Did the group one last week and also sent in the background check on Friday. Hmm, dude said it'd be like 15-30 minutes, hope I hear good news today.

Is anybody still working for nike,try to get some help to get bulk orders from nike for a little cheaper price|really hope someone corporate with me,.
Dang that's just asking someone to lose their job bro. I know where you're coming from but I hope no one is stupid enough to help him out. Go on east bay and wait for them to have a 20% off coupon. Anyone that enjoys having a job at Nike will not help you. Not trying to hate, just trying to help out

Don't get me wrong,it's just question,i don't know how they run it,but it's simple,saw lots people doing some kind business like that,hard to be retailer bro,that way just waste your money*&*

I went through 2 interviews and a backround check at nike around march but ended up not obtaining the job. (i think it was b/c of no job expirience)
8 months later (with job expirience) I re applied about a week ago got a call and went in for an interview this past thursday with the head manager and two other emoloyees. it was suppose to be me and 2 other people being interviewed but i was the only who showed up they told me they give me a call or email on monday.
i hate getting my hopes up its been bugging me all weekend that i might get rejected even though i think it went well
any thoughts? comments?

Back
Top Bottom