Nike Employee's

To be honest with you guys, Nike stores get bombarded with a ton of job applications. I spoke with my coach late last year and their Operations/Hiring teams go through apps every few weeks during the seasonal hiring times and don't look at them again until the next batch of seasonal athletes come in. 

In regards to call backs, only expect them if you've been interviewed. If you get a background check, that's good news. 

If you applied but haven't heard a yes/no, don't get your hopes up. There are literally hundreds to even thousands of applications depending on whether or not they throw out applications.  I applied back in the summer of 2012, got a call for an interview at the end of summer 2013.

Hope this answers a few questions and if you can't tell, this post is in regards to a seasonal Nike Athlete position, nothing else. 
thanks:smile: i applied about a week ago for seasonal athlete. got a phone interview and then went in for an interview with 2 employees a few days later and just a while ago i revieved an email from hireright for my backround check
everyone i asked from former employees or online have told me that once you go through backround you pretty much got the job, i just dont wanna get my hopes up since i know its hard to land a job at nike lol

reciev
thanks:smile: i applied about a week ago for seasonal athlete. got a phone interview and then went in for an interview with 2 employees a few days later and just a while ago i revieved an email from hireright for my backround check
everyone i asked from former employees or online have told me that once you go through backround you pretty much got the job, i just dont wanna get my hopes up since i know its hard to land a job at nike lol
received**

Awesome bro, just bust your behind and do what you're supposed to and they might promote you to part-time under.

Awesome bro, just bust your behind and do what you're supposed to and they might promote you to part-time under.
Pretty much... Just bust your behind happened with me. got the call in the summer. nailed the interview. got the job. BUSTED MY BEHIND. then one day one of the managers walk up to me before i clocked in and said you need to reapply so we can keep you... I ALMOST JUMPED OUT OF MY SKIN. 

P.S. This is my first job... and i LOVE IT

after the first interview I did backround check I did great as well. did you have to go through a 2nd interview with the manager? Im waiting on another call from nike bc they told me that if my backround check meets company standards then they would call me up for a final interview with the manager. I never knew they had 2nd interviews

Pretty much... Just bust your behind happened with me. got the call in the summer. nailed the interview. got the job. BUSTED MY BEHIND. then one day one of the managers walk up to me before i clocked in and said you need to reapply so we can keep you... I ALMOST JUMPED OUT OF MY SKIN. 

P.S. This is my first job... and i LOVE IT
[[/B]

after the first interview I did backround check I did great as well. did you have to go through a 2nd interview with the manager? Im waiting on another call from nike bc they told me that if my backround check meets company standards then they would call me up for a final interview with the manager. I never knew they had 2nd interviews
I haven't heard of them doing 2nd interviews with the manager/coach. Usually its just the initial interview, background checks if they like you then you're pretty much good.

You dont pay out of pocket...some kids think its free but they take out whatever you get from your tax returns. So my outlet limits the max amount of money to spend on shoes at $85. Then we get 2 dri-fit shirts for retail..$15-$30 each, and we get to choose between black shorts or pants, we get a max of two..so we can get two shorts for $50 each or get shorts and pants...the shorts/pants can be any amount of money...in the winter we get hoodies this season we got zip up KO hoodies last season we got black nike running jackets for $85.......Totally that amount up and on average we get $200 of clothing for "free"....kidding you lose $200 out of your returns.....
Where I'm at you only pay half the tax for what you comp. So if I comp 200 dollars worth of stuff and tax is 8% all they take is 8 dollars out of your tax money.

Last edited:
That's so weird. Since I started working at Nike, I've never had to pay anything out of pocket and haven't noticed anything crazy in terms of taxes/deductions from my paycheck and stuff.  I know some of the longer tenured athletes at the store used to get jackets and stuff but now its just been  2x shirts, 2x black bottoms and 1 shoes/6 months. At least this is what its been since I've been working.

Curious what is the hourly wage for a job at NT? The discount seems nice, but I would be surprised to see a high hourly wage. That's really Nike's way of paying you. 

Care to share?

Never had a bad experience there. Typically ask to see some kicks, wait a few min to get them and thats it.
Yup.I was out there for over a day straight for leftover db vs and once the window closed again that fat manager was saying sold out and **** and laughing her *** off with an employee like something funny was going on. Also chrissi is a *****. Everyone knows this

I me
Yup.I was out there for over a day straight for leftover db vs and once the window closed again that fat manager was saying sold out and **** and laughing her *** off with an employee like something funny was going on. Also chrissi is a *****. Everyone knows this

Chrissi is cool, I mean I havent heard anything too bad about her lol.

But eh, that laughing could be anything. Id laugh too if people camped all day, not to be a douche but cuz cmon thats honestly ridiculous.

I me
Chrissi is cool, I mean I havent heard anything too bad about her lol.

But eh, that laughing could be anything. Id laugh too if people camped all day, not to be a douche but cuz cmon thats honestly ridiculous.
who are you to judge what people do? people camp a week plus for an iphone which will be available everywhere a week or two later. its may be ridiculous to you but to me that's light work.

And yes Chrissi is a *****. On a fcfs release you could be outside for 2 days, and the moment she calls people in if you aint there you're SOL. Tell me that aint BS. Also shes quick to shut a release down if there is even the tiniest of problems.

who are you to judge what people do? people camp a week plus for an iphone which will be available everywhere a week or two later. its may be ridiculous to you but to me that's light work.

And yes Chrissi is a *****. On a fcfs release you could be outside for 2 days, and the moment she calls people in if you aint there you're SOL. Tell me that aint BS. Also shes quick to shut a release down if there is even the tiniest of problems.

Jesus christ why are so butthurt? THEY ARE SNEAKERS.

Arent you a grown man? You really think theres nothing remotely wrong with a grown *** man waiting an entire day in line for sneakers? A few hours okay if you really like the shoe but A WHOLE DAY? You have absolutely nothing else to do? You dont have other obligations or anything?

And yes I am judging cause no man should be doing that. Theres a little kid in us all, but have you seen the usual type of people that line up for occasions like that? Lets be serious.

Sound like one of those kids that whine when they they think they deserve something and dont get it.

Stay in school kids.

Arent you a grown man? You really think theres nothing remotely wrong with a grown *** man waiting an entire day in line for sneakers? A few hours okay if you really like the shoe but A WHOLE DAY? You have absolutely nothing else to do? You dont have other obligations or anything?

And yes I am judging cause no man should be doing that. Theres a little kid in us all, but have you seen the usual type of people that line up for occasions like that? Lets be serious.

Sound like one of those kids that whine when they they think they deserve something and dont get it.

Stay in school kids.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYUMMMMM

Like cmon, youre calling a Chrissi, someone you dont know a ***** becuse she wants to be safe about a release. And youre upset, because you waited in line and didnt get your shoe? Is that all there is to life? Is that the end of the world?

You do know a re-release not too long ago, an old man got pushed over because some kids rushed the escalators and went over some of those rope barriers?

THAT is why releases are closely monitored. So dudes who think they are doing it by buying the latest Nike's dont act like animals.

**** CHrissy That Stupid Ugly asian *****! That ***** HAS ALOT OF BAD KARMA Coming Her way For her ******** that she Pulled . Why the **** does she act like she aint a civilian. I for one would LOVE to pay someone to wash her ***. Dumb *****. Shut Down Releases cause she Dont like and is scared of  Black people get the **** out of here and go Back to flushing with that ****

Reactions: alp
anybody work in the outlet in oceanside ny? i wanna know wassup with the chick with the nice body

**** CHrissy That Stupid Ugly asian *****! That ***** HAS ALOT OF BAD KARMA Coming Her way For her ******** that she Pulled . Why the **** does she act like she aint a civilian. I for one would LOVE to pay someone to wash her ***. Dumb *****. Shut Down Releases cause she Dont like and is scared of  Black people get the **** out of here and go Back to flushing with that ****
pretty much.

Stay in school kids.

Like cmon, youre calling a Chrissi, someone you dont know a ***** becuse she wants to be safe about a release. And youre upset, because you waited in line and didnt get your shoe? Is that all there is to life? Is that the end of the world?

You do know a re-release not too long ago, an old man got pushed over because some kids rushed the escalators and went over some of those rope barriers?

THAT is why releases are closely monitored. So dudes who think they are doing it by buying the latest Nike's dont act like animals.
I don't see any problems with grown men camping. The kind of ppl camping are perfectly good people in my book. You're on that derogatory I'm better than people thing, it's cool though. Also I know about the kid getting hit in the face and ppl getting trampled and ****. They handled the release poorly and Thats what happened. Nike probably got sued and that's exactly what they deserved to have happen to them.

Also chrissi is a *****, no ifs ands or buts about it. Of course she can be cool when ain't nothing going on but release time behavior shows who's actually cool and who ain't and she definitely ain't.

Also I'm not the type to whine, I'm just putting it out there for ************* who wanna work there cuz i wouldn't due to that behavior. I take my business elsewhere most of the time

Last edited:

Stay in school kids.
GET EM

And I agree, grown men camping 5+ hours is ridiculous. Surely there must be something more important going on in life

Back
Top Bottom