Nike Foamposites with Dyed Soles

You guys have any suggestions for what color would look dope in your mind on the metallic reds Foam Ones? (Beside just black which would look dope and pay homage to the red pros of 2002)

Ill have to try and create a model of some sort. Iron man sounds nice if the bronze is done just right. If its done wrong the whole shoe will look straight dirty.

Damn, you have we wanting to try this. I really wished nike would release a few pairs with a colored, translucent ole and not every color imaginable with just icey whites.

Ill have to try and create a model of some sort. Iron man sounds nice if the bronze is done just right. If its done wrong the whole shoe will look straight dirty.

yeah you gotta do the bronze correctly or it will look yellowed. Havent thought of that.

also, is there a store in the nyc area that will do this for like $20 or something? I may double up on this all white foams next year and have some fun :smokin

I was thinking of painting my cough drop (red translucent) to a dark grey (not black, though). Any clue if that will work?

Last edited:
so did you get black dye and sea glow then mix them and apply... then what?

Let them dry, then rise under hot water to remove excess dye. It's just a rinse and repeat till the dye doesn't bleed and the color is how you want after that.

I^^ So has anyone successfully dyed yellowed soles, as long as they're clean? Eggplant soles are starting to look like I walk around in public bathrooms all day.

Perfect execution :pimp:

The royals with the black sole look clean. I would've been intrigued if the pinks had a black sole. Then again, I don't care for foams anymore.

Is there any update or any more pics. So far I liked the Royal Blue Foams and the EggPlants. I plan on doing that with mine. I sent the guys a PM just to verify what type of Rit Dye and how much hopefully they'll respond does anyone else have any more info or can point me in the right direction. I know the whole SeaGlow + Rit Dye process but Im trying to see if there is anything else.

If you do this with just seaglow and dye and not water seaglow and dye will it stick better and not have to be washed? Or will it be the same?

I was browsing Youtube earlier and found this video. The guy takes his Eggplants and dyes the sole from clear to an icy blue.

Just a subtle change, nothing overkill. Looks so clean :pimp: :pimp:. I might try to duplicate it on a pair of Royals that I just copped.

Back
Top Bottom