Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

I just un'DSed my black/orange Free Mercurial Superflys. Are they always uncomfortable on the Achilles? Felt so stiff. Do they break in?

Just picked up some wolf grays off ebay for 135 shipped. Hopefully they are legit.
damn! 99% sure we were looking at the same pair

I was still bargaining with the buyer and suddenly it was sold 
laugh.gif

Got both a pair of mercurials and magistas for $45-$48 each in the outlets, not the best colorways but very wearable.

and no the Magistas aren't pink, they are the dark red colorway but pic make them look lighter :lol:

View media item 2189745
[/SPOILER

they're calling it flyknit simply because of the collar?

and has there ever been a Lunar Magista 1?

The "Magista 2" is referring to the upper of the sneaker. Because it's the same as the upper on the Magista 2 cleat

Not necessarily the second iteration of this particular sneaker

should have stayed with an all flyknit upper, that acne-bumped upper doesn't look too great on regular soccer cleats and casually I think it'll look worse

should have stayed with an all flyknit upper, that acne-bumped upper doesn't look too great on regular soccer cleats and casually I think it'll look worse

They're actually amazing on the cleats. The amount of grip and control you get with them is amazing. Best cleats I've ever owned. But that's more about the performance vs how they look

But I agree I'm not really a fan of them on a casual shoe like this

The "Magista 2" is referring to the upper of the sneaker. Because it's the same as the upper on the Magista 2 cleat

Not necessarily the second iteration of this particular sneaker

The upper on the Magista II is identical in material as the first iteration, it's just a slightly different construction and application.

Magista 1 was Flywire cables, under Flyknit upper, under a honey comb like application of Nike Skin.

With the II they covered the entire FK layer with a uniform layer of Nike Skin instead of leaving pockets of FK open at the surface.

Last edited:

They're actually amazing on the cleats. The amount of grip and control you get with them is amazing. Best cleats I've ever owned. But that's more about the performance vs how they look

But I agree I'm not really a fan of them on a casual shoe like this

Yah, I don't play soccer but I figure it better do something to help performance because they simply look hideous in person.

I just see it similar to bball shoe I use for actual playing, if the shoe performs well for my needs then the colorway becomes the least of my concerns but it isn't going to see the day of light outside of the court :lol:

They should have at least toned them down like in the Free Hypervenoms then it could work better.

Back
Top Bottom