Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

Not HTM

Box means nothing when theyve skimped on quality

so despite the shoe being called HTM by the manufacturer, you insist they are not? I understand your disappointment in the build or materials when compared to the first release, but if Nike labels them an HTM then, in fact, they are.

I don't know how to explain it, but I think the HTM is just a part of the shoe name. It doesn't necessarily mean HTM in the sense that we've become accustomed to (premium materials, specially curated colorways). For the first 2 drops, yes, but for these next 2, no.

They aren't called the "Mercurial Superflys", they're called the "HTM Mercurial Superflys". Whereas if a shoe like a "Flyknit Racer" gets the HTM treatment with premium materials/special colorway, it has the HTM added on to the shoe's name.

So the volt and black colorways of these were the HTM "HTM Mercurial Superflys", and the obsidian and grey colorways are just the "HTM Mercurial Superflys".

Don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I see it.

Last edited:
I don't know how to explain it, but I think the HTM is just a part of the shoe name. It doesn't necessarily mean HTM in the sense that we've become accustomed to (premium materials, specially curated colorways). For the first 2 drops, yes, but for these next 2, no.

They aren't called the "Mercurial Superflys", they're called the "HTM Mercurial Superflys". Whereas if a shoe like a "Flyknit Racer" gets the HTM treatment with premium materials/special colorway, it has the HTM added on to the shoe's name.

So the volt and black colorways of these were the HTM "HTM Mercurial Superflys", and the obsidian and grey colorways are just the "HTM Mercurial Superflys".

That may very well be the case. It's difficult to say since there have only been HTM models until this point, unlike the zoom/lunar flyknits in which there were clear differences between the HTM models and the gr's (apart from the chukka htm and racer htm).

That's how I see it too. It's weird how the box says 'HTM', but there is no 'HTM' branding on any part of the shoe. Regardless they're dope.

Greys look so much better than Obsidian on feet man... After seeing the on foot pics I think ill be copping the Grey Pairs and The Black Magistas and call it a day...

Greys look so much better than Obsidian on feet man... After seeing the on foot pics I think ill be copping the Grey Pairs and The Black Magistas and call it a day...
for me, it was completely the other way round....liked the greys better on pictures, but on feet i think the obsidians look better ^^

I can't wait..

First post in this topic.. whats retail?

EDIT: NVM, $200 and order your regular size according to @nikelab

Last edited:
In replies they are also saying that they are dropping on nike.com/sportswear.  That could mean these may be a bit easier to get than a nikelab release.

In replies they are also saying that they are dropping on nike.com/sportswear.  That could mean these may be a bit easier to get than a nikelab release.
It's all Nike at the end of the day. Whether it's regular NDC, nikelab, nikesportwear, etc doesnt make a difference

Yeah Just another way for them to give you the run around

"im sorry, I don't have any information on that, you'll have to contact nike.com/nikelab support"

um.... ?

Back
Top Bottom