Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

Will Champs get the Carters?  I picked up both Oregons in store after both NDC and even champs.com were out, so if I can, I'll take my time on these and see them in person.

EDIT - Yup, they're on the site.  I probably should have checked that first.

Last edited:
Got my Cris Carters on NDC. Gotta love non-TLO releases :pimp:. Looks like they sold out just as fast as the Megawatts and JBJs. They're still available on Champs' website but you'll get hit with a 2 hour wait time when you go to checkout.

onto this rivalry pack now...

need to see these in person - or real photos to decide.

So nobody knows when the rivalry pack is actually dropping? I know the release calendar states today, maybe just some random time I guess. I can't see them releasing after today since the game is Saturday. Man Im trying to wear these to the shootout! BOOMER!!!

I ran straight NDC to purchase didn't see them so I chatted with a rep and was told :

The Free Trainer 5.0 styles intended to launch have been delayed, we will post from @NikeStore on Twitter as soon as we have updated information.

just was posted in the NCAA/NFL thread.

So nobody knows when the rivalry pack is actually dropping? I know the release calendar states today, maybe just some random time I guess. I can't see them releasing after today since the game is Saturday. Man Im trying to wear these to the shootout! BOOMER!!!
It's this Saturday?

Last season's was terrible.

Ofcourse Eastbay isn't letting me add to cart...

stuff like this gets me mad, was up early to try and order off NDC too

Just called Eastbay.

They let me order over the phone.

I tried to use a discount code...no go.

What the heck, was hoping to scoop up the Oklahoma ones, and can't add to cart on eastbay, hate being at work and having these kind of issues

Champs just tweeted the release in stores today...

My yard line doesn't have them...

Shoes are extremely nice.

Beat them up on leg day at the gym.
They look great.  How do you think the reflective toe will hold up?  I know that it usually creases terribly then ends up cracking which is why I ended up holding off and eventually missing them.
Dude, exactly what I was thinking.
happy.gif
I was like, why is there gold on a Sooner shoe? Also, hoping that Nike will release a FSU Trainer 5.0 like they did with the Lunar Tr1 last year. Two pairs if they do!
The gold represents the Golden Hat trophy awarded to the winner of the Red River Rivalry/Shootout each year.  I think it looks terrible but the meaning of it is pretty cool.  I might end up changing that to a different color but we will see.

Back
Top Bottom